Renault T Range trucks

My last job as a lorry driver was driving a 14 plate on nights pulling a fridge out of Crewe.
Agree with the flimsy air kits very easy to crack.
Switches are a bit confusing to start with but I soon got it.

The lorry pulled well it usually had salad on but you could have cheese milk or meat as a load and it never ran out of steam, seemed to run that little bit faster than the rest of the herd as well .
To be fair its screwed together OK but the materials used are not of the highest quality.

Comfortable 460 4x2 that was a bit twitchy on the back end, drove like a car with a cracking autobox is how I would sum up the one I drove.

google.co.uk/search?q=renau … h4FGpwM%3A

Chrome Lozenge:
Spec wise, i suppose what most drivers don’t appreciate that trucks can be fully customised with literally hundreds of options, and either dealers buy batches of generic spec trucks for stock to suit most operations or customers plump for lower spec’s to save money. I would much prefer spending time with clients who want something bespoke and will give you time to fully go through the specification.

Either way selling T Ranges is easier once drivers have been in them and driven them, the cabs are bigger than they look from outside and look a lot better with lockers instead of top bunk. Engine wise the 460 for 85% of operators is fine although prices now on the bigger 13 litre are a lot closer.

If you have any questions please let me know, by pm if you prefer.

Is that yard in the pic in Salford?

It was in Salford, I had took the demo out for the day up to Morecombe and Lancaster then drove back to Salford although I’m now based at Blackburn.

Harry Monk:

Chrome Lozenge:
the cabs are bigger than they look from outside and look a lot better with lockers instead of top bunk.

It baffles me why virtually all new trucks have a top bunk as standard when in 99.9% of cases, nobody will ever sleep in it.

Me either Harry, the lockers are only about £150-£200 more than the folding bunk and use the space so much better.

Chrome Lozenge:
It was in Salford, I had took the demo out for the day up to Morecombe and Lancaster then drove back to Salford although I’m now based at Blackburn.

Just wondered, I’m two minutes down the road. Salford’s where I ordered mine from - JDS have always been good to me. :slight_smile:

I would like to see them fitted with the ’ Dual-Clutch ’ system from Volvo.

the parking brake can be used as normal if you put your foot on the brake pedal and push the handbrake button away from you

chainmailguy:
the parking brake can be used as normal if you put your foot on the brake pedal and push the handbrake button away from you

That’s handy to know! Nigel Rice have a lovely t range all brown leather interior all signing all dancing… I was well impressed when I hopped up to have a look!

If I was handed the keys to one of them instead of my volvo I can honestly say I wouldn’t mind… I struggle to get comfy in alot of trucks but the one I drove was absolutely spot on!

Are they doing the big cab over here yet?

Whats the biggest engine available?

Can you get one with a tag axle?

Can you spec a manual gearbox?

chaversdad:

Big cab, only a LHD option.

Biggest engine, DTI 13, 520BHP

Tag axle is available

No info on a manual box.

http://www.renault-trucks.co.uk/t/

Cannot see why a manufacturer would not offer there flagship truck over here, my options are getting a bit limited with the spec i want, big cab, over 500 horses, tag axle and manual gearbox, cant be that hard can it ?

chaversdad:

Having driven Renault Premiums with the Auto Box, wouldn’t want to spec a manual box.

Other makes maybe.

chaversdad:
Cannot see why a manufacturer would not offer there flagship truck over here, my options are getting a bit limited with the spec i want, big cab, over 500 horses, tag axle and manual gearbox, cant be that hard can it ?

I think Renault have looked at how many RHD Magnums they sold in the UK each year and probably don’t think it’s worthwhile.

muckles:

chaversdad:

Having driven Renault Premiums with the Auto Box, wouldn’t want to spec a manual box.

Other makes maybe.

I.m not particularly saying i want a renault more just finding out which trucks you can actually still spec a manual gearbox, at this rate i.ll end up with a Scania!

chaversdad:

muckles:

chaversdad:

Other makes maybe.

I.m not particularly saying i want a renault more just finding out which trucks you can actually still spec a manual gearbox, at this rate i.ll end up with a Scania!

Or DAF.

muckles:
I think Renault have looked at how many RHD Magnums they sold in the UK each year and probably don’t think it’s worthwhile.

My local Renault dealer say that it is going to be sold over here at some point although they don’t know when yet. I suppose there is so much demand for LHD models that it isn’t worthwhile re-tooling until demand slows down a bit.

As above looks like the only manual options are Daf and Scania, anyway back on topic :blush: :smiley:

chaversdad:
As above looks like the only manual options are Daf and Scania, anyway back on topic :blush: :smiley:

Sort of on and off topic, not sure why wouldn’t consider an Auto from Volvo or Renault, unless maybe it’s for STGO?

They aren’t really automatic gearboxes anyway, they are manual gearboxes with automatic clutches.

AMT - Automated Manual Transmission.