Refrigeration masterclasses

UKtramp:

Harry Monk:
I thought you said you were going to stop digging?

I drive both, is that satisfactory. I cannot post a picture of my truck as I had already said which is correct as it is liveried up so therefore used an avatar from the net.

So when you said “I don’t drive a Renault Premium”, what you meant to say was “I do drive a Renault Premium” ?

Harry Monk:

UKtramp:

Harry Monk:

I drive both, is that satisfactory. I cannot post a picture of my truck as I had already said which is correct as it is liveried up so therefore used an avatar from the net.

So when you said “I don’t drive a Renault Premium”, what you meant to say was “I do drive a Renault Premium” ?

Is it important?

I like freezing reduced price yoghurt in the freezer UKT. I am completely fascinated by the whole freezing process and often find myself drifting off into a place in my mind where I am Zanussi’s chief designer.

Another area of this wonderful process that interests me are the chemicals involved. And from an engineering point of view, the small copper pipe that comes off the bottom of my domestic fridge protrudes, and I know from previous experience that if you damage it, some gas escapes and renders the unit useless.

I can’t get enough of it UKT. Answers, answers, I want answers to these points above. Please tell us more…

more.png

How about evacuating heat from an enclosed, insulated space by means of vapour compression cycling.

Your turn.

The thing I want to know about reefers is… why the foxtrot would someone from Afghan… hide in one. What’s that all about?

Unless it’s loaded with tropical fruit… naturally.

Oh, and one more thing: Why do banana skins go black if you put them in a fridge at 4c?

These are the kind of things that concern me as I drive along… well that and why do all the weather girls on the Beeb seem to get pregnant within weeks of starting the job?.. just what the foxtrot is going on in the weather room?

UKtramp:

Harry Monk:

UKtramp:

Harry Monk:

Is it important?

It’s important to know whether any statement you make can be taken as the truth or whether you are the typical BS artist and fantasist encountered in a supermarket RDC waiting room, yes. But I think you’ve showed your colours now.

eagerbeaver:
I like freezing reduced price yoghurt in the freezer UKT. I am completely fascinated by the whole freezing process and often find myself drifting off into a place in my mind where I am Zanussi’s chief designer.

Another area of this wonderful process that interests me are the chemicals involved. And from an engineering point of view, the small copper pipe that comes off the bottom of my domestic fridge protrudes, and I know from previous experience that if you damage it, some gas escapes and renders the unit useless.

I can’t get enough of it UKT. Answers, answers, I want answers to these points above. Please tell us more…

Beaver I understand your hunger for more, I too when I was a young child my dreams were of working for Zanussi or Whirlpool, I used to drift off and daydream at school during lessons daydreaming of the whole refrigeration cycle. I think you are destined to become the top of this class, I can see you in a white coat and I nearly said red underwear but that is just me, I see your future as very rosey and cold. I am certain you are a fridge man in the making.

AndieHyde:
How about evacuating heat from an enclosed, insulated space by means of vapour compression cycling.

Your turn.

Incredible.jpg

Harry Monk:
It’s important to know whether any statement you make can be taken as the truth or whether you are the typical BS artist and fantasist encountered in a supermarket RDC waiting room, yes. But I think you’ve showed your colours now.

You will not find me in any RDC waiting room Harry, my qualifications have been shown on here in all of their glory, there is only 1 discretion I have said which was the Renault, but I have explained my trying to keep my anonymity, if you are in any way offended Harry by my stating your refrigeration statement was wrong, I did not intentionally make it out this way other than it is wrong, anyone can be, I have been known myself to be wrong at times.

eagerbeaver:

AndieHyde:

Your turn.

■■ that is what any refrigeration process is, simply taking heat from one area (inside) and moving the heat usually outside, although not necessarily outside, it may also be used in a heat recovery system used for heating another area.

Harry Monk:

ROLFPMSL…i think i’d be in denial as well :grimacing:

UKtramp:
I am sure that everyone is mystified by refrigeration and would love to have a more in depth knowledge of cold stores and the whole refrigeration cycle in general. You are lucky that you have me as a member of TNUK, I have decided to give you this knowledge and de mystify the subject in terms that will be of interest for you to know in relation…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Do I store my eggs in the fridge or on the kitchen counter ?

AndrewG:

Harry Monk:

ROLFPMSL…i think i’d be in denial as well :grimacing:

It isn’t something to be proud of driving a Premium, the Actros is more accepted.

Total:
Do I store my eggs in the fridge or on the kitchen counter ?

You don’t store eggs in a fridge even though there is a compartment for them

So am I an expert now, too?

AndieHyde:

I have no idea, are you?

AndieHyde:

experts.png

I must confess the last time I dipped into the coolbox things didn’t go well at all…

This topic seems to be about blowing a lot of hot air rather than discussing cold air so it’s off to bully’s.