Refrigeration masterclasses

TiredAndEmotional:

biggriffin:
I,m always willing to learn, so please begin the lesson.

Well you could start by using an apostrophe between the I and the m rather than the comma you have used… :slight_smile:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

truckyboy:
Thank god you dont work in my local shop, somehow i dont think i would be served for at least a couple of hours…so instead of harping on about will you wont you with another driver, at least start the subject, or tell us when the class lessons begin. i too have worked on fridges over the years, and all i need to know is how to set the temperature…+ or - for the various loads i have had to carry, salad stuffs, fruits, frozen etc, these days the temp is set to what ever the exporter/customer tells us, or i always ask…i am always up for knowledge that would benefit me…i can jump start a fridge, fill it and keep it filled with cherry, and have never run a fridge dry, i have washed them out after carrying fresh killed lambs, i have carried hanging beef too ( not with 20 tons of steel plate underneath though ) so if theres something that will benefit me, i will listen, if you want to tell me how or why…i`m not interested, and i dont suppose anyone else would be either…but carry on SIR… BTW, if you want to know how to fill up and empty a tanker, thats no problem for me either…liquid or powder. ?

Powder & liquid would be of real interest to me, at the moment I have no idea of either the filling /emptying process.

Basics of refrigeration.

If you compress gas at ambient temperature it gets hotter. If you then pass it through a long convoluted tube exposed to ambient temperature (like the black veiny thing on the back of your fridge at home) then it will return to ambient temperature but will still be compressed. If you then decompress it, it will then become lower than ambient temperature. It’s not rocket science.

Harry Monk:
Basics of refrigeration.

If you compress gas at ambient temperature it gets hotter. If you then pass it through a long convoluted tube exposed to ambient temperature (like the black veiny thing on the back of your fridge at home) then it will return to ambient temperature but will still be compressed. If you then decompress it, it will then become lower than ambient temperature. It’s not rocket science.

Well it isn’t like that Harry, and it is very much a science. You may need to listen in to my masterclass and you will realise what you have said is totally wrong.

UKtramp:

Harry Monk:
Basics of refrigeration.

Well it isn’t like that Harry, and it is very much a science. You may need to listen in to my masterclass and you will realise what you have said is totally wrong.

Really? So what does the compressor in a fridge compress then?

Inverter motors…

UKtramp:

simcor:
1 out of 10 for another look at me trolling attempt pal.

I turn them on and off and adjust the set points. I fill it with red diesel and on occasion jump start them and bleed them of they have run dry. If none of that it isn’t my problem and is someone elses problem to deal with.

Everyone needs a fridge and freezer but most of us don’t give two hoots as long as they get cold.

Perhaps this isn’t for you then. Others will be fascinated and gain additional knowledge. You might look on the CPC as your level of knowledge needed and that’s fine but you cannot spoil it for those who are interested.

Yawn

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You gotta love UKTramp. When asked “If you’re so smart, how come you’ve ended up driving a fleet-spec Renault Premium?” he said “I don’t drive a Renault Premium, it’s just a random photo from the internet, I don’t use a photo of the truck I drive because I wish to preserve my anonymity” and then a few days later posted a photo taken from his cab which clearly showed the unmistakable dashboard of a Renault Premium. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It compresses gas is the only correct statement out of all of what you wrote. Refrigeration is a definite science and rather complicated. The compressor is only a single part of a series of components that makes up the refrigeration cycle, a compressor is not in every refrigeration system either. Your example is of a domestic refrigerator which has an entirely different set of constraints to an industrial refrigeration cycle. I understand how your statement may seem correct but all will be revealed and I applaud at least you have a grasp of things. It goes to show though how someone as to what I would consider to be intellectual such as yourself can be misled by the refrigeration cycle and its components. Once again though Harry, you have inputted something constructive and I would not mock you for that.

Harry Monk:
You gotta love UKTramp. When asked “If you’re so smart, how come you’ve ended up driving a fleet-spec Renault Premium?” he said “I don’t drive a Renault Premium, it’s just a random photo from the internet, I don’t use a photo of the truck I drive because I wish to preserve my anonymity” and then a few days later posted a photo taken from his cab which clearly showed the unmistakable dashboard of a Renault Premium. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harry I drive two vehicles at work, one is a Mercedes Actros and the other is a Renault Premium. at the time I gave my statement I was actually driving the Actros

Here you go Harry, recognise my CoPilot satnav and here is the cab of my Actros. Didn’t take you as a doubting Thomas but hey ho. One thing is I do not lie and never dig myself into a hole either.

UKtramp:

Harry Monk:

Harry I drive two vehicles at work, one is a Mercedes Actros and the other is a Renault Premium. at the time I gave my statement I was actually driving the Actros

So when you said “I don’t drive a Renault Premium”, what you meant to say was “I do drive a Renault Premium” ?

Harry Monk:

UKtramp:

Harry Monk:

So when you said “I don’t drive a Renault Premium”, what you meant to say was “I do drive a Renault Premium” ?

If I said I drove both it becomes complicated to explain on here, easier to say just the one

Oh how I wish that I’d read this earlier UKT, you could have skilfully navigated me through the potential minefield I encountered today. Let me set the scene; this week I’m shunting at our cold store and was asked to pick up trailer xyz and put it on a bay. All of the goods we carry are frozen so you can imagine my absolute horror when I picked the trailer up and saw that it had wrongly been set at +2. I immediately thought to myself “what would UKT do in this scenario?” (I often think that btw).

I soon realised that it was a mate of mine who’d cocked up with the temperature setting so obviously my only course of action was to cover it up! To that end I entered to coldstore and showed the unloader my Whatsapp ■■■■ videos to distract him from probing the load. I think I got away with it tbh, but please tell me UKT how you would have dealt with this situation?

UKtramp:

Harry Monk:

UKtramp:

Harry Monk:

If I said I drove both it becomes complicated to explain on here, easier to say just the one

I thought you said you were going to stop digging?

All balls and no ■■■■■ where is the masterclass and this is from a man who’s past job was going around in a pair of dirty overalls pulling up on the side of the road and fixing fridges

It all depends on how long had the trailer been set at +2 and what the temp the meat was at, if the meat was already frozen from the store you can store it at ambient for a good few hours in a trailer, if the trailer was empty and was set at +2 it would be simple to just set it down to the temp required. Each product is different and salt content etc plays a part in the freeze and its maintaining that temp.

UKtramp:
I am sure that everyone is mystified by refrigeration and would love to have a more in depth knowledge of cold stores and the whole refrigeration cycle in general. You are lucky that you have me as a member of TNUK, I have decided to give you this knowledge and de mystify the subject in terms that will be of interest for you to know in relation to those that pull reefers and deliver temperature controlled produce. As you will all be aware that real fridge men like myself are often looked upon in a similar light to rocket and nuclear scientists which often frightens off your average person ever looking into the subject. It is true that refrigeration is an art and a science combined together and takes a lot more than your average bear to get their heads around. However I will give you a good working knowledge far greater than your average reefer driver knows without the headache of the science. This is really fantastic of me to do this but that is typical of me, just helping others out without any need for recognition. I will also give you some of my greatest refrigeration tales along the way as I know everyone has their own favourite refrigeration tale.

Expert fisherman.jpg

Harry Monk:
I thought you said you were going to stop digging?

I drive both, is that satisfactory. I cannot post a picture of my truck as I had already said which is correct as it is liveried up so therefore used an avatar from the net.