British Ports Import refrigeration repairs

Thought it may be time to show some of you myself at work, working on major refrigeration systems charging these system with ammonia and some repairs. Obviously there are those on here that seem to be google and Wikipedia experts in refrigeration. I must have been doing something wrong all of my life so perhaps you could take a look at a few selected videos I made working on some of the most complex of systems in existence. I am sure the google experts will no doubt tell me I am doing it wrong and give me a few pointers. Obviously if more than 3 people know better than me, I will give you a job. Assuming you have the registrations and licenses in place that is. These videos were made 2 years ago so I have got a bit better since… Enjoy.

Seems legit etc

Here’s a photo of me holding a spanner next to some refrigeration equipment.

Enjoy.

For those of you that are not “in the trade”, here is my spanner again.

would that be a metric,or a/f spanner there?
obviously if you have been in the trade for so long,with all that experience,i suppose it could even be whitworth?

dieseldog999:
obviously if you have been in the trade for so long,with all that experience,i suppose it could even be whitworth?

Why, I could not possibly explain such details to an odious little oik such as yourself because the huge complexity of technical knowledge involved surely would not fit into the tiny brain of a simpleton.
Largely, we in the trade never call things by their real names, so the device you see as a “spanner” is actually known as a “hexagon alignment system” that only true fridge magnets would or could understand.

AndieHyde:

ha ha, look at that little bar fridge. My word I wouldn’t lower myself to work on such things. Now to be convincing could you do some videos like me working on industrial systems and then actually address me in a separate video like I have? No you say, what a surprise, stick to the minimum wage Andie, your post explains why you are in this position. Mine is by choice son.

So uktramp wouldn’t lower himself to work on andiehyde’s barfridge (whatever that is) BUT goes to tremendous lengths to explain the workings of the Halfords coolbox. Have we at long last found uktramps true level of expertise?

Beau Nydel:
So uktramp wouldn’t lower himself to work on andiehyde’s barfridge (whatever that is) BUT goes to tremendous lengths to explain the workings of the Halfords coolbox. Have we at long last found uktramps true level of expertise?

Let’s hope that some insecure brain surgeons driving lorries (not trucks) :smiling_imp: as a hobby, don’t feel the need to show their skills on here. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Beau Nydel:

That’s because a true fridge man is without prejudice.
It’s an unwritten rule carved in stone amongst true fridge men, like doctors who have signed on to the hippocratic oath or Médecins Sans Frontières.
A true fridge man doesn’t see size of the system or where the system was made, all a true fridge man sees is a thermal exchange system in distress and only wants to help.

Beau Nydel:

Oddly enough yes, do you know how to drive a car as well as a lorry? Does a pizza delivery guy using his car know about a class 1 vehicle better than you? Same applies to refrigeration systems, the higher you are the more you know even with the little systems that are insignificant in the great scheme of the fascinating world of refrigeration. Cool boxes are my hobby, I have numerous ones as ornaments in my house

AndieHyde:

What a cheap looking shifter, I would be frightened to use something like that in case I died and people thought it was mine. Please take that photo down.

kevmac47:

Beau Nydel:

Let’s hope that some insecure brain surgeons driving lorries (not trucks) :smiling_imp: as a hobby, don’t feel the need to show their skills on here. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Thoughts and prayers that such a catastrophe should never happen my friend.
However, I have seen with my own two peepers a rocket scientist do a blindside reverse on a dark and raining night to board a north sea ferry without taking a single shunt.
You would like to know how?
With humility, my friend.

I saw him later in the bar, quietly enjoying the beverage of his choice and in no way bragging to anyone who had the misfortune to be within earshot of how great he thought he was even though us mere mortals had ACTUALLY WITNESSED TANGIBLE SUCCESS.

AndieHyde:

kevmac47:

Beau Nydel:

Thoughts and prayers that such a catastrophe should never happen my friend.
However, I have seen with my own two peepers a rocket scientist do a blindside reverse on a dark and raining night to board a north sea ferry without taking a single shunt.
You would like to know how?
With humility, my friend.

I saw him later in the bar, quietly enjoying the beverage of his choice and in no way bragging to anyone who had the misfortune to be within earshot of how great he thought he was even though us mere mortals had ACTUALLY WITNESSED TANGIBLE SUCCESS.

Would that be the Herald Andy? :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

AndieHyde:

dieseldog999:

Why, I could not possibly explain such details to an odious little oik such as yourself because the huge complexity of technical knowledge involved surely would not fit into the tiny brain of a simpleton.
Largely, we in the trade never call things by their real names, so the device you see as a “spanner” is actually known as a “hexagon alignment system” that only true fridge magnets would or could understand.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i am truly humbled with the fact that you have demeaned yourself to reply to a mere mortal like myself to the extent that i am going to copy the message,frame it,and hang it on the living room wall.
my world of enlightenment just got larger and i eagerly await your future interactions with fridge jesus to see just how quickly you put him back into his box,or alternatively just play with him like a cat with a mouse before eventually ridiculing him for the fantasy waffler that he portrays.
thank you for acknowledging my humble existence. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

UKtramp:
Thought it may be time to show some of you myself at work, working on major refrigeration systems charging these system with ammonia and some repairs. Obviously there are those on here that seem to be google and Wikipedia experts in refrigeration. I must have been doing something wrong all of my life so perhaps you could take a look at a few selected videos I made working on some of the most complex of systems in existence. I am sure the google experts will no doubt tell me I am doing it wrong and give me a few pointers. Obviously if more than 3 people know better than me, I will give you a job. Assuming you have the registrations and licenses in place that is. These videos were made 2 years ago so I have got a bit better since… Enjoy.

Am I missing something I can’t find the link
Was looking forward to a professional at work

I am getting the distinct impression that you guys are not taking my refrigeration classes here seriously. Now please ask me any of you’re burning refrigeration questions that have plagued you for years. I am here to help and will answer them honestly and put your mind at ease, you cannot find what I can tell you on Google, well without knowing what you are reading anyway, otherwise you will never learn. So fire away before I get bored and go. This you’re opportunity, don’t waste it!!!

Cringe worthy to say the least. A real attention seeker.

dieseldog999:

Whitworth! Haven’t heard of those for ages, might have one in the bottom of me box still?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

UKtramp:
I am getting the distinct impression that you guys are not taking my refrigeration classes here seriously. Now please ask me any of you’re burning refrigeration questions that have plagued you for years. I am here to help and will answer them honestly and put your mind at ease, you cannot find what I can tell you on Google, well without knowing what you are reading anyway, otherwise you will never learn. So fire away before I get bored and go. This you’re opportunity, don’t waste it!!!

What classes are you talking about i thought you were posting a video, if not at least post a picture of all your professional tools