British Ports Import refrigeration repairs

spacemanZ10:

dieseldog999:
would that be a metric,or a/f spanner there?
obviously if you have been in the trade for so long,with all that experience,i suppose it could even be whitworth?

Whitworth! Haven’t heard of those for ages, might have one in the bottom of me box still?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I have an old tool box in my shed full of BSF and BSW spanners and other assorted tools from my days in the long defunct Wallsend Slipway. ( I left before finishing my apprenticeship as I hated being cooped up all day). I was looking through them for a spanner to tighten an old water tap in my garage when my grandson turned up and snaffled some of gauging and marking out tools including a boxed set of German made compasses and dividers. He’s an apprentice maintenance engineer and he was delighted with his find! It just shows that quality equipment is always useful. He even took the wooden toolbox which was made for me by his great grandfather in the mid sixties. Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

spacemanZ10:

dieseldog999:
obviously if you have been in the trade for so long,with all that experience,i suppose it could even be whitworth?

Whitworth! Haven’t heard of those for ages, might have one in the bottom of me box still?

I have an old tool box in my shed full of BSF and BSW spanners and other assorted tools from my days in the long defunct Wallsend Slipway. ( I left before finishing my apprenticeship as I hated being cooped up all day). I was looking through them for a spanner to tighten an old water tap in my garage when my grandson turned up and snaffled some of gauging and marking out tools including a boxed set of German made compasses and dividers. He’s an apprentice maintenance engineer and he was delighted with his find! It just shows that quality equipment is always useful. He even took the wooden toolbox which was made for me by his great grandfather in the mid sixties. Regards Kev.

Kev your a STAR My friend, Like you I have a lot of old gear that perhaps will be of great use in years to come, Take care & stay safe, Regards Larry.

kevmac47:

spacemanZ10:

dieseldog999:

Without hijacking a fridge thread into a spanner thread wasn’t there a brand called ’ King ■■■■’ I remember sniggering at some spanners my Dad had as a young un!

Well King ■■■■ spanners were a very popular brand in the old days Along with Snail Brand, I got a brand new 4 wheeler Atki in 1960, It had a wooden tool box containing Snail Brand spanners , Hammer, A key to work the cold start, A spare injector, Plus a Spring that fitted behind the fuel pump, Plus a Jack & a wheel brace. Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Well King ■■■■ spanners were a very popular brand in the old days Along with Snail Brand, I got a brand new 4 wheeler Atki in 1960, It had a wooden tool box containing Snail Brand spanners , Hammer, A key to work the cold start, A spare injector, Plus a Spring that fitted behind the fuel pump, Plus a Jack & a wheel brace. Regards Larry.

King ■■■■ spanners are still available, they are more popular in the states, but still sold here.

A good fridge man is never afraid to show his work so when I got called to this little unit as it wasn’t running I certainly didn’t lose my cool.
I used my superior skills to deduce that there were no electrons flowing along its conductor and upon further inspection revealed that the nightshift fork lift drivers had unplugged this portable chiller to charge one of their trucks.
Remedy was in the form of plugging the fridge back into the wall and selecting the electron gate to “ON”
Well all had a good laugh about the situation over a cup of tea whilst I regaled the staff with stories about how great I am.

AndieHyde:
A good fridge man is never afraid to show his work so when I got called to this little unit as it wasn’t running I certainly didn’t lose my cool.
I used my superior skills to deduce that there were no electrons flowing along its conductor and upon further inspection revealed that the nightshift fork lift drivers had unplugged this portable chiller to charge one of their trucks.
Remedy was in the form of plugging the fridge back into the wall and selecting the electron gate to “ON”
Well all had a good laugh about the situation over a cup of tea whilst I regaled the staff with stories about how great I am.

Wow a fridge man in the making, I am impressed

youtu.be/du6nYwPLBsw

Sums this thread up.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

AndieHyde:

I would be lying if I said this didn’t make me laugh. Although I personally would have put it in a skip and walked away, at least you swallowed your pride and had a go. Anything that does not contain a minimum of 6 ton of ammonia is pointless for me to look at. My time would cost more than that thing cost. Also I would be a laughing stock if anyone who knows me saw me looking at it. Still we all have to start somewhere although my start was in the middle east on an oil refinery. Stick at it Andie, you probably won’t ever reach my dizzy heights but you could possibly go up the social ladder by telling people you’re a fridge man. You’re brain has increased from the size of a pea to a bean now.

Benjie83:
https://youtu.be/du6nYwPLBsw

Sums this thread up.

Electricians are nothing more than failed fridge men, they actually bow their heads when we walk in the same areas. good post though all the same.

Here’s a photo of my big tool inside a small box :open_mouth:

A truly great fridge man cares not for size , from the smallest bar fridge to the worlds largest freezer plant, all are equally important to be kept in good order and operating normally that only a true fridge man is capable of delivering. Some claim to be fridge men but offer no evidence, these men are impostors who seek to corrupt the ways of the frost. Do not trust their lies.
Only the best fridge man gets to kneel before the alter of thermodynamics where the unwritten law was first carved into the stone of its foundation.
They are to be worshipped as true gods of keeping stuff cold.

Bigtruck3:

UKtramp:
Thought it may be time to show some of you myself at work, working on major refrigeration systems charging these system with ammonia and some repairs. Obviously there are those on here that seem to be google and Wikipedia experts in refrigeration. I must have been doing something wrong all of my life so perhaps you could take a look at a few selected videos I made working on some of the most complex of systems in existence. I am sure the google experts will no doubt tell me I am doing it wrong and give me a few pointers. Obviously if more than 3 people know better than me, I will give you a job. Assuming you have the registrations and licenses in place that is. These videos were made 2 years ago so I have got a bit better since… Enjoy.

Am I missing something I can’t find the link
Was looking forward to a professional at work

Both sentences could be answered with the simplest phase. There isn’t one.
Who goes to all the trouble of making a video, promotes it on social media and then doesn’t provide the ability to actually view this cinematic masterpiece.
It’s the self destructlon of credibility equivalent of going outside and keying your own car.

UKtramp:
I am getting the distinct impression that you guys are not taking my refrigeration classes here seriously. Now please ask me any of you’re burning refrigeration questions that have plagued you for years. I am here to help and will answer them honestly and put your mind at ease, you cannot find what I can tell you on Google, well without knowing what you are reading anyway, otherwise you will never learn. So fire away before I get bored and go. This you’re opportunity, don’t waste it!!!

If you listen very hard, you can hear the wind whisper “loooooser”

source.gif

UKtramp:

AndieHyde:
For those of you that are not “in the trade”, here is my spanner again.

ha ha, look at that little bar fridge. My word I wouldn’t lower myself to work on such things. Now to be convincing could you do some videos like me working on industrial systems and then actually address me in a separate video like I have? No you say, what a surprise, stick to the minimum wage Andie, your post explains why you are in this position. Mine is by choice son.

Sorry it’s taken me a while to get around to answering you, but it’s my fingers see.
I find it very difficult to type with sore knuckles after dragging them on the ground for so long, but there is hope. I have almost mastered breathing with my mouth shut and not dying.

Now where are these videos you keep speaking of?
Are they in the same place as your contractor induction cards, sorry I mean “qualifications”

I’m torn now Andie. I freely admit to really liking UKT and his posts, but on the other hand I value humour as one of the most important attributes in a person and your above posts have proved that you’re a very funny guy! Am I allowed to like both of you, or is that against the rules?

the maoster:
I’m torn now Andie. I freely admit to really liking UKT and his posts, but on the other hand I value humour as one of the most important attributes in a person and your above posts have proved that you’re a very funny guy! Am I allowed to like both of you, or is that against the rules?

It’s fine Maoster to like both,(that doesn’t sound too good) I have to admit that I am also shocked at Andie having a sense of humour that made me laugh too. Didn’t think he had it in him. As I have always said, I take nothing personal nor do I ever hold grudges towards anyone as this is merely recreation time to me, I like posters who have a sense of humour too as that is the only way that you can get a true reflection on a forum of someones personality as to whether or not they are dull and boring or a good laugh. My opinion of Andie was that he was as dull as matt paint, his last few posts have shifted my opinion of him. You cannot realistically say that you either like someone or that you don’t through text only. I mean to be fair you could easily mistake me for being an arrogant loudmouth or even annoying depending on how you interpret my posts. So it just goes to show.

UKtramp:

AndieHyde:

I would be lying if I said this didn’t make me laugh. Although I personally would have put it in a skip and walked away, at least you swallowed your pride and had a go. Anything that does not contain a minimum of 6 ton of ammonia is pointless for me to look at. My time would cost more than that thing cost. Also I would be a laughing stock if anyone who knows me saw me looking at it. Still we all have to start somewhere although my start was in the middle east on an oil refinery. Stick at it Andie, you probably won’t ever reach my dizzy heights but you could possibly go up the social ladder by telling people you’re a fridge man. You’re brain has increased from the size of a pea to a bean now.

AndieHyde wrote:A good fridge man is never afraid to show his work so when I got called to this little unit as it wasn’t running I certainly didn’t lose my cool.

Wow a fridge man in the making, I am impressed

You see, it is this sort of posting that dings my suspicion bell. (Apologies if this comes out a little garbled, it is my first time attempt at a juxtaposition of posts in the same thread)
In the space of 25 minutes we have gone from begrudging admiration to the usual condescending belittlement we have become accustomed to over the same post. And this is not the first time I have noticed such a phenomenon.
A more suspicious person than myself might suggest that identity UKTramp(amongst others)might be operated by a team, perhaps a group operating a website of dwindling membership and decreased advertising revenue that is prepared to over look it’s own rules in order to capitalize on clickbait revenue.
So, in essence I have shown more examples of varied refrigeration systems in two days than a self proclaimed expert has shown in just over 3 years.
Refrigeration is simply a resource I work with every working day and by no means paying my “minimum wage” existence. So it’s now or never dude. Show us something real or forever SHUT THE ■■■■ UP.

the maoster:

Thank you.
I am also in admiration of your raw dry humor.
In the production of this thread I have inadvertently mugged off the member for northern Irish hooliganism, but he seems ok with it.

In all honesty, you are free to like whatever takes your fancy.
It is called democracy.
Live free or die trying.

Benjie83:
https://youtu.be/du6nYwPLBsw

Sums this thread up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
im afaraid your quite wrong there my good man.
the link you have posted is actually quite amusing and interesting.

this one generally sums up the o/p and the general interest factor…right up to the usual squabble and then the lock. :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=PLOPygVcaVE

AndieHyde:
You see, it is this sort of posting that dings my suspicion bell. (Apologies if this comes out a little garbled, it is my first time attempt at a juxtaposition of posts in the same thread)
In the space of 25 minutes we have gone from begrudging admiration to the usual condescending belittlement we have become accustomed to over the same post. And this is not the first time I have noticed such a phenomenon.
A more suspicious person than myself might suggest that identity UKTramp(amongst others)might be operated by a team, perhaps a group operating a website of dwindling membership and decreased advertising revenue that is prepared to over look it’s own rules in order to capitalize on clickbait revenue.
So, in essence I have shown more examples of varied refrigeration systems in two days than a self proclaimed expert has shown in just over 3 years.
Refrigeration is simply a resource I work with every working day and by no means paying my “minimum wage” existence. So it’s now or never dude. Show us something real or forever SHUT THE [zb] UP.

Andie,
I am not sure which annoys you the most, is it me or is it the suspicions you keep going on about the web site and dwindling revenue? Not too sure to be honest but take a look at it from another angle, I am on you know what, in a special club that I cannot mention or my post will not be shown. If you were correct in you’re allegations, would the admin really put me in this special club? I do have videos as I used to have a youtube channel but not going into the ins and outs of why I stopped it but I took it down. I have reposted a few videos on it under a name that you will recognise, however do I really need to prove anything, could that be construed as showing off, would you still not believe me if I posted the link to them. I could even do a personal message to you to prove it is me in the videos but what am I proving or what would I gain? I have not doubted your pics that you have posted but could very easily pick holes all day long if I so wished. Would my posting of these videos actually set your mind at rest?