Recent Ex-Forces people needed please! (T&D)

gbtransp:

steviespain:
You mean I can´t tell you how we used to swap drivers, Bedford MK, on the road doing 40 mph? Just because I´ve been out too long?
Dayum![/qu

What!!! you got 40mph out of a MK :open_mouth:

Downhill, wind behind us, etc :smiley:
Driver used to get out of his door and shuffle around to the passenger side, along the windscreen, using the bumper to stand on and the roof gutters to hold onto.Passenger had the easy bit, just slide across.
Bloody awful when it was raining.

steviespain:
Driver used to get out of his door and shuffle around to the passenger side, along the windscreen, using the bumper to stand on and the roof gutters to hold onto.Passenger had the easy bit, just slide across.

Load of ole bollux !! how could he open the passenger door enough to get in with the passing air trying to keep it closed ■■ (I used to climb in through a previously opened passenger window)

Well Lucy…you sure asked for that…ha ha gave me a few laughs…especially the pictured ones… :smiley:

That looks a lot like a drop I used to do in Birmingham.

steviespain:
You mean I can´t tell you how we used to swap drivers, Bedford MK, on the road doing 40 mph? Just because I´ve been out too long?
Dayum!

Was that NOT why Bedford TM’s had a running board all the way around outside of the cab?
A quick knock on the passenger window to say you’re driving , or through the capola seeing how many mushrooms you can get off the rear tow hook!

raymundo:

steviespain:

Load of ole bollux !! how could he open the passenger door enough to get in with the passing air trying to keep it closed ■■ (I used to climb in through a previously opened passenger window)

Those of us who happened to be of the skinny type, that was the way to go.
Those of them who weren´t, had to fight the elements.
They were by far the funniest to watch, especially if there was three of you in the cab.
You KNOW it happened :smiley:

steviespain:

raymundo:

steviespain:

Those of us who happened to be of the skinny type, that was the way to go.
Those of them who weren´t, had to fight the elements.
They were by far the funniest to watch, especially if there was three of you in the cab.
You KNOW it happened :smiley:

Ahhh chaps in the R.E.M.E it was the turbo charged MJ 50 mph in that beast :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: We screwed up the throttle on the cable ,the passenger would stay in the cab ,and would end up behind the driver on the parcel shelf / sleeper :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and take control…

Good job I never saw it out on mobile patrol. :laughing:

BossHogg:
Good job I never saw it out on mobile patrol. :laughing:

Nah, you just weren´t in the right place at the right time :smiley:
To be honest (snigger) it didn´t happen that often, especially in UK. In fact, thinking back, we never, uhh, not once, umm…no, did we?, no…smile…uhhhh…no, we never did, that, I lied :slight_smile:

Germany was the place though. It seemed that, at the time (70s) things were done that you just would NOT get away with in UK.
Regt I was in was on 24 hr spearhead. Air portable artillery. Based at Catterick then moved to Aldershot.
Fly in to Germany, stay for three weeks, fire a few shells off, drink all the wimmin and screw all the beer.Fly home.
SO the regs were definitely relaxed.
Need a wagon 300 miles away? Sure, send Stevie and Billy Potter.
Loved it. No internet, no mobile phones, no GPS tracking, no radio.
WIld times.

Air start:

steviespain:
Dayum!

Was that NOT why Bedford TM’s had a running board all the way around outside of the cab?
A quick knock on the passenger window to say you’re driving , or through the capola seeing how many mushrooms you can get off the rear tow hook!

Ahhh s**t, I missed this earlier, soz. :slight_smile:
Yes, that knock on the passenger window thing made me snort my coffee :smiley:

In a serious response, I am just leaving the forces after 9 years of service. Looking to get into the transport industry in the North of Scotland

I’ve gone through a few issues trying to secure myself a job that pays well enough to support my family.

I have my goals I would like to achieve but at a lose on how to get there.

And to all you ex squaddie that have previously commented and wish to pass comment on my post then,
Get over yourselves, the forces are the laughing stock of the country, you can reminisce on all the “good old time” but the army in the past 10 years is nothing like it used to be.

Cjmcgrath:
In a serious response, I am just leaving the forces after 9 years of service. Looking to get into the transport industry in the North of Scotland

I’ve gone through a few issues trying to secure myself a job that pays well enough to support my family.

I have my goals I would like to achieve but at a lose on how to get there.

And to all you ex squaddie that have previously commented and wish to pass comment on my post then,
Get over yourselves, the forces are the laughing stock of the country, you can reminisce on all the “good old time” but the army in the past 10 years is nothing like it used to be.

Hi bud
9 years eh? Thanks man. We really do appreciate it.
Can I deal with the first part of your post then get to the other? thanks :slight_smile:

I´m guessing…time served so you got a resettlement course? LGV C+E? That´s what they used to do when I was in.
Well, first off, I´m not a shi…sorry, KNIGHT of the road, I´m only a lowly Cat C, I know my place. But I dunno, do you know HOW to look for jobs? Use the tinternet? etc?
That´s where I would be starting. Type in “Jobs for Cat C+E” see wh´appen. Then just follow the trail.

Ok, second part. :smiley:
Grow up. The youngest you can be if you´ve served 9 years is 26. Admittedly, I was a young 26 when I was 26 and had a bit of an attitude, but still. No-one is taking the ■■■■, no-one has had a go at you. Play nice and the world plays nice with you. The only people making the army not like it used to be is people like you, the serving soldier.
As an ex NCO I´m gonna say “Wind yer neck in”. Like I said, play nice.

Family man eh? Great stuff. Wish I had one. They´ve all effed off now. Daughter in Spain and another in Oz. I miss them every single day.
I have an alarm set on my phone that, when it goes off at 14:00 every day, I think about my girls. Just been doing a CPC course, they told me to turn it off, I declined :slight_smile:

Glad to hear that you are striving for the best for your family and I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

I hope that some other people will come along and give you more professional words of advice because, as I say, I´m only a lowly Cat C :slight_smile: