Any advice is greatly appreciated

As some of you know. Im about to complete 8 years in the forces and at the rank or Corporal , now I don’t want to be in the forces no more. Due to several reasons one been people treat you worse than animals, I’ve decided to sign off,

I’m not scared of work, in fact I would rather be busy than not, I’m 25 so lots of life in me.

Now my question. Drivers are wanted all over at the minute, however I will be able to work from July 15 onwards as this is when I’m officially out the forces.
Will there will be jobs at his time. Now I know it hard to predict but what do you guys think.

Amy thoughts are welcome :slight_smile:
Ps I’ll be living North. , Yorkshire / York area,

j

My guess is that there will be work around. There’s no reason to think otherwise.

Make sure you have your driver cpc and digicard ready to avoid delays.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you Pete , just after Xmas I will be doing CPC, initial. Hazmat, forks and I’ll be getting my digi straight after :slight_smile: so tough wood I’ll be good to go :slight_smile:

Sign up to a few agencies before you leave the forces and tell em the score also take a CV round a few companies beforehand.
Being employed by one job for 8 years will be in your favour better than someone who changed jobs every month and good luck with the job hunt.

Jeff.

From what I’ve seen of army boys is that once you tell em to do something, they do it to completion.

Cheers guys, going to have to hit it full on, but that’s what’ I’ll do and hope the jobs are as good as they are now. Vacancy wise,

That’s one thing good about the army I guess, do a job once and do it right that’s my motto

I don’t see it being a problem, we are based in North Yorkshire, if you need to do your initial cpc give us a call, we train lift truck drivers too so we can help you get your RTITB Lift Truck Licence. Employment wise, there are plenty of companies we work with that can offer you a job, just ask at reception - we get calls every week at the moment from employers urgently requiring drivers, some willing to pay us £100 per person we pass on.

Tockwith Training:
I don’t see it being a problem, we are based in North Yorkshire, if you need to do your initial cpc give us a call, we train lift truck drivers too so we can help you get your RTITB Lift Truck Licence. Employment wise, there are plenty of companies we work with that can offer you a job, just ask at reception - we get calls every week at the moment from employers urgently requiring drivers, some willing to pay us £100 per person we pass on.

Hi Laurie

Did that company get in touch who rang me when I was in the test centre with you last week?

Paul

Contact CTP, careers transition, they help introduce people leaving the forces to local companies, we have recruited alot of class one drivers this way! Good Luck!

Thank you :wink:

If your in the York area try reed boardall at borough bridge. I’m in York and you will get a start there almost certain. I did a year or so there when I passed my test, nobody on here seems to have a good word to say about them but I never had a problem,nice tackle,easy work. Good luck :sunglasses:

Thank you lee ! I’m about an hour away