This Forum

Hi All
Although I haven’t put many posts on here since joining I do religiously log in every day and check out the new posts to find out what everyone has been doing and griping about and I must say it never fails to leave me with a big smile on my face as to some of the comments and replies going back and forth some of you guys and girlies are in a wasted profession driving trucks you should be writing scripts for comedy shows or those one liners you get in christmas crackers…so to all you people who post on a regular basis keep it up it brightens my day up at least.

You might like to add your comments HERE :bulb: :slight_smile:

This guy may be a talent spotter for the TV…DOH… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Some of the funniest, most quick witted people i have ever met have been truck drivers. The funniest always seemed to be northeners, usuall from the manchester area!!! :open_mouth: :laughing:

Must be all those hours cooped up alone in a cab, but honestly, some of them have had me in stitches :laughing:

Way back in the pre-sleeper cab days I was in some digs I can’t remember in eastern England. There was a bloke in there who started during dinner time and didn’t stop till he turned in. We laughed so hard that we all had indigestion and sore ribs. He never stopped.
Again, at the petanque championships in Poole one year all our team from the E. Midlands hired a room above a pub for a meal. One chap who had never said much before despite us knowing him for a long time at various competitions, suddenly started. Again non stop all through the meal and afterwards. He hardly drew breath. One of the jokes was about the lorry driver baited by rockers in a transport cafe by having his meal nicked and tea poured away. After he left one of the tormentors sneered to the proprietor that ‘he wasn’t much of a man was he?’ To which the reply was ‘no, and he isn’t much of a driver either, he’s just flattened a whole line of motorbikes out there.’
So I asked him what he did for a living.
Yes, you’ve guessed it. :wink: :laughing:

bullitt:
Some of the funniest, most quick witted people i have ever met have been truck drivers. The funniest always seemed to be northeners, usuall from the]manchester area!!! :open_mouth: :laughing:

Must be all those hours cooped up alone in a cab, but honestly, some of them have had me in stitches :laughing:

Since when was Manchester in the north :question: :unamused:

animal:

:smiley: I like this question, because if you live in Southampton, then even Salisbury is in the North. :grimacing:

Equally, anywhere South of where anybody lives is by definition in the ‘South.’

It’s all relative. :smiley:

TBF, I think Manchester is regarded by most as being in the North.

the funiest thing about truck driving is the wages

john

dieseldave:

it’s definitely north of here - and I doubt the residents would like being called Southeners :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:
it’s definitely north of here - and I doubt the residents would like being called Southeners :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Very true Denis!!

Mind you, I think animal has started a very philosophical North/South debate, so I think Michael Baldwin Bruce at the philosophy department at the University of Wallamalloo might be the one to clear this one up for us…:grimacing:

dieseldave:

Denis F:

Very true Denis!!

Mind you, I think animal has started a very philosophical North/South debate, so I think Michael Baldwin Bruce at the philosophy department at the University of Wallamalloo might be the one to clear this one up for us…:grimacing:

Ok DieselBruce :wink:

Denis F:

dieseldave:

They are soft, bloomin’ Southerners, to me.

animal:

bullitt:
Some of the funniest, most quick witted people i have ever met have been truck drivers. The funniest always seemed to be northeners, usuall from the]manchester area!!! :open_mouth: :laughing:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: …and you drive a truck for a living :question: :question: :question: :laughing:

Ask a mancunian (a citizen of manchester for those less traveled) if he considers himself a Notherner, midlander or Shandy drinking southener and i think you will get a fairly honest and robust reply!!! :laughing:

Apart from that my Missus is from Manchester and definatly calls herself a “northener”!!! :wink: :laughing:

What she calls me sometimes would not be suitable for on here!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dieseldave:

Denis F:

Very true Denis!!

Yeah but; Who’s in charge of the sheep dip?

:smiley:

Being a Scott living in the softie south, , i have always been of the under standing anywhere above Watford Gap is the north!

Maybe another topic here but why do southerners think Scotlands a county?

spd0121:

:open_mouth: It’s probably Bruce’s turn, but we’ll have to convene a PFLJ meeting to determine this question.

We could always hold an inquisition though, but they wouldn’t expect that. :wink:

Denis F, Inselaffe and biggus to the feedback forum please… :smiley:

:laughing: Now look what animal has started… :laughing:

Lighting mcqueen:

Being a Scott living in the softie south, , i have always been of the under standing anywhere above Watford Gap is the north!

Maybe another topic here but why do southerners think Scotlands a county?

Some of us ‘Softie’, ‘Shandy drinking’ Southerners might resent that seeing as how we drink Scotch or ‘real ale’.

As for Scotland being a ‘Country’…maybe; once it no longer relies on money from us ‘softies sarf of the border’!!

**Dons tin hat…

LOL

dieseldave:

spd0121:

:open_mouth: It’s probably Bruce’s turn, but we’ll have to convene a PFLJ meeting to determine this question.

We could always hold an inquisition though, but they wouldn’t expect that. :wink:

Think I’m in the mood for an argument…

No you’re not…

Yes I am…

No you’re not…

LOL

Sorry but Manchester is south for me

No I dont drive btw have been on the sick since march 07

Agree anything north of Watford Gap and you need a passport for :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The middle of the country is a place called Alston if you look :wink:

dieseldave:

spd0121:

No need for a meeting , it’s definitely Bruce’s job