Rear ended

DAF95XF:

Shandy123:
Were you in the puddle jumper? If so, your username is a bit of an over reach, lol

Yes I was and I also hold my class 1 and have driven them but this job is on my doorstep :wink:

…always a positive. Especially if you can earn a similar amount.
I only do agency, as you may know, so it’s probably a bit different for me, but when I accept a class two or c1 job, even though it’s on Class one rate, I always feel hard done by.
I like the comfort, and [entirely delusional, I know] kudos of driving a class one.

Shandy123:

DAF95XF:

Shandy123:
Were you in the puddle jumper? If so, your username is a bit of an over reach, lol

Yes I was and I also hold my class 1 and have driven them but this job is on my doorstep :wink:

…always a positive. Especially if you can earn a similar amount.
I only do agency, as you may know, so it’s probably a bit different for me, but when I accept a class two or c1 job, even though it’s on Class one rate, I always feel hard done by.
I like the comfort, and [entirely delusional, I know] kudos of driving a class one.

Very occasionally drive one of our 18 tonners but it’s very rare these day, I’ll be leaving for pastures new and a change of scenery in the next few months anyway… :wink:

Conor:

daftvader:
If as your profile name suggests and you drive one of the new euro 6 dafs…Then i’m not surprised.As the bloody things brake at the sight of a shadow…With no warning either.Darn right dangerous…

Only dangerous to the halfwit behind who is driving too close and not paying attention. If you don’t drive up the chuff of the vehicle in front then it isn’t an issue. If you hit the back end of one that does then that was your fault.

Possibly 44 ton pushing maybe 7.5 ton into the back of the truck he’s following even with his brakes on ■■? You do the maths so called self styled driving god !!! :unamused:

daftvader:
…As the bloody things brake at the sight of a shadow…With no warning either.Darn right dangerous…

Barrow bound on the 590 at Newby Bridge last week. ■■■■■■■ thing slammed on on a left hand bend with a stationary vehicle sat in a filter lane, waiting to turn right. I agree, “darn right dangerous”.

Conor:

daftvader:
If as your profile name suggests and you drive one of the new euro 6 dafs…Then i’m not surprised.As the bloody things brake at the sight of a shadow…With no warning either.Darn right dangerous…

Only dangerous to the halfwit behind who is driving too close and not paying attention. If you don’t drive up the chuff of the vehicle in front then it isn’t an issue. If you hit the back end of one that does then that was your fault.

I was pushed into the back end of it by another truck!!!

I know that feeling,got rearended on the M1 junction 10 luton in 1999,hit me so hard I was forced into the artic in front and my trailers 3 axles were lifted off the ground and embedded in the vehicles cab,i had a vein go in my nose by the impact[Christ knows what my nose impacted with in the cab]but I jumped out after 5 min,blood pxxxxxg out my nose and this driver who caused it walks up to me ■■■ in his hand and all he could say was and I quote OH WELL THATS ME OUT OF A JOB unquote,i felt like breaking his fxxxxxg nose,didn’t even ask if I was ok,afterwards a traffic cop told me that the vehicle in front was carrying 20 tons of bricks,the one who hit me[pollocks transport]was carrying around 20 tons of beer,made the cop laugh cos I said do us a favour and get me a beer,i could do with one right now.

DAF95XF:
How I ended up at…

you were very lucky the cab held and didn’t crush

truckman020:

DAF95XF:
How I ended up at…

you were very lucky the cab held and didn’t crush

IMAG1250.jpg

truckman020:
I know that feeling,got rearended on the M1 junction 10 luton in 1999,hit me so hard I was forced into the artic in front and my trailers 3 axles were lifted off the ground and embedded in the vehicles cab,i had a vein go in my nose by the impact[Christ knows what my nose impacted with in the cab]but I jumped out after 5 min,blood pxxxxxg out my nose and this driver who caused it walks up to me ■■■ in his hand and all he could say was and I quote OH WELL THATS ME OUT OF A JOB unquote,i felt like breaking his fxxxxxg nose,didn’t even ask if I was ok,afterwards a traffic cop told me that the vehicle in front was carrying 20 tons of bricks,the one who hit me[pollocks transport]was carrying around 20 tons of beer,made the cop laugh cos I said do us a favour and get me a beer,i could do with one right now.

Sorry but that actually made me laugh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: