I bet my crash was better than yours!

We all driver thousands of miles every year and mathematically we are always going to be involved in accidents. Tell us about yours with pics where possible, were you to blame? what was the outcome? and did it make you a better driver? Humourous accidents would be best,as long as they are trucks. Go on own up and tell the forum.

My accident with the Daf did not have a good out come I was blameless but the policeman who rammed a car into my path was charged with D by Dangerous driving. I was unhurt.

and just out of reach for you to polish that out :laughing:

i have not so far been involved in an accident, but have done a little damage to trucks, ill see if i got a couple of pics

not mine, but my mate seans, the truck was being double driven, hit an accident which had happened on the other side of the road and had crashed through the barrier. both him and megan the other driver walked out of it! :open_mouth:

Hubby’s crash just before christmas 2007

eastbourneherald.co.uk/news/ … 3597950.jp
the minibus driver just pulled out in front of him
the police confirmed all down to the minibus driver

I think this is the photo from the dead link posted by mrs mix.

ive not had a major crash just a lil scrape only took out a few bits of fibreglass and an indicator. nothing major and they wernt too bothered with it either. local council boys had done worse to their motors than that.

tachograph:

Thankyou :blush: :blush: :blush:

tachograph:

Hi tachograph, MM’s link worked just fine for me, but it did take quite a while to load.

Got there in the end though. :grimacing:

tachograph:

That could have been a nasty one

Is the black DAF,one of Trans AM Trucking’s?
An accident like this could ruin a whole tour schedule.

extrucker:

That looks like more of a service bus or local special run than a tour bus

I’ll have some of what Saratogas been on :laughing: :laughing:

Driveroneuk:
I’ll have some of what Saratogas been on :laughing: :laughing:

editorial.jpress.co.uk/web/Uploa … 51001h.jpg

I was referring to the Bus vs Truck. I’m not sure if that would be referred to a Midi bus or a Mini bus.

In 20 + years of driving thankfully I have only ver been involved in two serious incidents, the first on the newly opened M25 I came into a sudden bank of fog and luckily saw the collision between 4 cars right in front of me , and I ran off the hard shoulder and up the bank on the side of the motorway, avoided them all but had to get winched of th bank where I had sunk in.

the second was more scarey, I pullled out od a layby on the AI near Knottigley wiith a long load complete with amber warning beacons on the cab and at the back of the load. , when I left the layby the road behind as far the eye could see was clear. as i gained speed in the inside lane an artic came into view in my lane, for 1-2 minutes he continued to gain on us, he made no effort to change to the outside lane… long story short he drove straight into the back of us at 56 mph when we were still only doing 25 mph

his cab was wrecked, and the A1 was closed for over 5 hours ( he had a live load of lambs that spilled over the carriageway) me and my second man were unhurt, but the back 10 foot of our Brohouis extender trailer was smashed to bits

Despite having a letter from the West Yorks police stating we were completly innocent and had done nothing wrong, the guy that hit us still sued, and the insurance company decided it would be cheaper to to pay a token payment than fight it in court

That still bugs me today, I see it as a slight on my driving record totally undeserved

dieseldave:

tachograph:

Hi tachograph, MM’s link worked just fine for me, but it did take quite a while to load.

It was edited after I made that post.

tachograph:

dieseldave:

tachograph:

It was edited after I made that post.

:blush: :blush: Ahh. sorry, I didn’t know that. :wink:

extrucker:

it is and your right, luckily iirc they managed to get the stuff there with another truck, i dont remember losing the show

Only ever had one.

I started working for R F Fielding in Stockport. I turned up, ink not even dry on my license and I had two trunks to do to West Bromwich and back.
I got down to West Bromwich and dropped my trailer on the appropriate bay and I was told to go around to the other side to pick up my return trailer for Stockport. I backed under it but I’d cut across another drivers path as he was reversing under the trailer next to mine. I was rushing.
Conscious of the fact it was a slightly ignorant thing to do I forgot to put my handbrake on. Back then I didn’t have a procedure for hooking up. I did it in any old order and on this particular trailer I let the parking brake off as I was winding the legs up.

Next thing I did was hook the lines up and as I did I noticed the driver I’d driven around was backing under his trailer but carrying on, as if he was going into the warehouse, which was impossible, as he was on a bay the same as me.

It dawned on me “I’m rolling!” Inexperienced as I was I decided to jump off and go for the parking brake rather than pul the red line off. Naturally I failed in my panic and it headed forward toward the gate where a lorry was approaching. All I could do was watch and I felt sick. Luckily it caught the last few feet of a solid concrete wall and there was the loudest crunch I’ve ever heard. The wall wiped out everything under the floor from the side of the cab to the middle up to the wheel. This incuded the power steering reservoir, the air circuit, the water system and all the bodywork.

The lorry was written off with £13 500 worth of damage. It was scrapped.

The funny thing was it was my first trunk of my first ever night working for them, and also for that agency. I’d just moved to Stockport and this was my first night’s work since moving there. So, it appeared that numpty agency driver turned up and on his first night within two and a half hours he’s written off a lorry.

Even funnier, I suppose, was the agencies reaction to my question “Will they have me in tomorrow night?”. You can guess the reply.
Still, they had me change units, drive back to Stockport, and still do the second trunk. I got paid for the whole twelve hours too. But never worked for that agency again.

To this day, because of that incident, I now make sure the parking brake is the last thing I do when hooking up, and every time without fail when I hook the red line up I always make sure I’m not rolling. People have been killed in less severe incidents than that. It still makes me shudder to think what would have happened had that wall not been there because otherwise it would have gone out into the road and there was a truck approaching head on.

ezydriver:
Only ever had one.

I started working for R F Fielding in Stockport. I turned up, ink not even dry on my license and I had two trunks to do to West Bromwich and back.
I got down to West Bromwich and dropped my trailer on the appropriate bay and I was told to go around to the other side to pick up my return trailer for Stockport. I backed under it but I’d cut across another drivers path as he was reversing under the trailer next to mine. I was rushing.
Conscious of the fact it was a slightly ignorant thing to do I forgot to put my handbrake on. Back then I didn’t have a procedure for hooking up. I did it in any old order and on this particular trailer I let the parking brake off as I was winding the legs up.

Next thing I did was hook the lines up and as I did I noticed the driver I’d driven around was backing under his trailer but carrying on, as if he was going into the warehouse, which was impossible, as he was on a bay the same as me.

It dawned on me “I’m rolling!” Inexperienced as I was I decided to jump off and go for the parking brake rather than pul the red line off. Naturally I failed in my panic and it headed forward toward the gate where a lorry was approaching. All I could do was watch and I felt sick. Luckily it caught the last few feet of a solid concrete wall and there was the loudest crunch I’ve ever heard. The wall wiped out everything under the floor from the side of the cab to the middle up to the wheel. This incuded the power steering reservoir, the air circuit, the water system and all the bodywork.

The lorry was written off with £13 500 worth of damage. It was scrapped.

The funny thing was it was my first trunk of my first ever night working for them, and also for that agency. I’d just moved to Stockport and this was my first night’s work since moving there. So, it appeared that numpty agency driver turned up and on his first night within two and a half hours he’s written off a lorry.

Even funnier, I suppose, was the agencies reaction to my question “Will they have me in tomorrow night?”. You can guess the reply.
Still, they had me change units, drive back to Stockport, and still do the second trunk. I got paid for the whole twelve hours too. But never worked for that agency again.

To this day, because of that incident, I now make sure the parking brake is the last thing I do when hooking up, and every time without fail when I hook the red line up I always make sure I’m not rolling. People have been killed in less severe incidents than that. It still makes me shudder to think what would have happened had that wall not been there because otherwise it would have gone out into the road and there was a truck approaching head on.

We have all done that one, it was just your luck you did not get away with it, but no blood was spilt and you learned a valuable lesson.

Cheers Euromat.I think Saratoga got his wires crossed :laughing: