Re: Past Present and in Between in Pictures

I’ve mentioned this subject before but I still find that nobody seems to remember Taylors or Tailors around Urmstone who’se motors I used to see going on the old A50.Smart motors pained blue with a drag and possibly loaded with news print and they had Leyland written on the cab doors.Am I imagine things.They were on the old A50 c late 50

Tony

Didn’t they have some KV cabbed ERF four wheelers Tony? I’m sure that I have a pic of one in a book.

Pete.

windrush:
Didn’t they have some KV cabbed ERF four wheelers Tony? I’m sure that I have a pic of one in a book.

Pete.

Can’t remember that, but I’m talking about 1957 /8/9

Tony

Wa’s goin’ on■■?
I’ve noticed that this thread has gone back to page number one, Technical issue? Have we lost Oily’s hundreds of pages of valuable info and entertainment?

Just found the original 505 pages further down the page! Don’t frighten an old man like that, Rastone, you nearly gave me a heart attack. :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Just found the original 505 pages further down the page! Don’t frighten an old man like that, Rastone, you nearly gave me a heart attack. :wink:

Well I wondered what had happened.It frightened me too,must be my arthritis not to mention my brain

Tony

rastone:

windrush:

Pete.

Tony

I only remember a Taylor Road in Urmston and Taylor Brothers in Trafford Park who made railway wagon wheels.

Chris Webb:

rastone:

windrush:

Pete.

Tony

I only remember a Taylor Road in Urmston and Taylor Brothers in Trafford Park who made railway wagon wheels.

Ah ! Urmston rings a bell perhaps not newsprint, wagon wheels going to the Derby Loco.Or it could be both

Tony

rastone:

Chris Webb:

rastone:

windrush:

Pete.

Tony

Ah ! Urmston rings a bell perhaps not newsprint, wagon wheels going to the Derby Loco.Or it could be both

Tony

Taylors finished being part of BSC Tony,the blanks for the wheels came from BSC (ex SPT) at Templeborough.I did a couple of loads into there int late 60s.

Head scratching :confused: :laughing: we have a subsidiary or if independent “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery” Your input on the original will be sorely missed Tony, joking aside, no worries mate.
Oily

oiltreader:
Head scratching :confused: :laughing: we have a subsidiary or if independent “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery” Your input on the original will be sorely missed Tony, joking aside, no worries mate.
Oily

I’m intending coming back 'twas a dropped bollock so I’m sorry.

Back to the subject.Does Taylors of Earlstown mean anything ?

Tony