RDC Refrigeration

dieseldave:

robroy:
It aint complicated, if people either aint interested, and/or know they are going to get wound up (or chose to get wound up :unamused: )
ā€¦Then donā€™t [zb] click on it to read it then !!! :bulb:

This, and thrice this ^^^

This thread is clearly against the forum rules though, itā€™s blatant baiting, kind of passive maybe but baiting none the less.

Baiting other members
Posting simply to get a rise out of another/other members

A topic started by UKtramp about UKtramp and fridges in which he says ā€œThese videos will be made available to the interested few rather than the usual nutters on hereā€, anyone whoā€™s been around here a while knows which way thatā€™s going and that includes UKtramp, given his previous admitted trolling does anyone seriously think he didnā€™t start this topic with the intention of winding people up.

tachograph:

dieseldave:

robroy:
It aint complicated, if people either aint interested, and/or know they are going to get wound up (or chose to get wound up :unamused: )

This thread is clearly against the forum rules though, itā€™s blatant baiting, kind of passive maybe but baiting none the less.

Baiting other members

A topic started by UKtramp about UKtramp and fridges in which he says ā€œThese videos will be made available to the interested few rather than the usual nutters on hereā€, anyone whoā€™s been around here a while knows which way thatā€™s going and that includes UKtramp, given his previous admitted trolling does anyone seriously think he didnā€™t start this topic with the intention of winding people up.

Probably correct there.
But, since this is Bullys its not interrupting the serious side of things, is it? Its not taking anything from the good stuff happening elsewhere. I dont think that ā€œanything goesā€ here, but there isnt any blatant name calling, no open insults, nothing non-P.C. Nothing more than a bit of "coat trailing" for those who wish to spend a bit of time, wheres the harm?
Trolling on the main site should be stamped on quickly, I`d absolutely agree, IMHO this is different.

tachograph:

dieseldave:

robroy:

Baiting other members

Yeh, but the second in command disagrees with youā€¦and Iā€™d go as far as to say the majority.
Itā€™s generated 5 pages, AND with a bit of entertainment.
Anybody who canā€™t put up with a wind up (as long as it aint malicious) should take up stamp collecting and leave the forum to those that can.
Reckon the ā€˜Fun Policeā€™ should keep their nebs out.
Do the rules need to be taken so literally, Iā€™d rather read this than some of the more boring serious stuff on hereā€¦give some leeway ffs, we donā€™t need trigger happy mods. :bulb:

robroy:
Do the rules need to be taken so literally, Iā€™d rather read this than some of the more boring serious stuff on hereā€¦give some leeway ffs, we donā€™t need trigger happy mods. :bulb:

Hi Rob
Iā€™m going on the assumption that your above comments are directed at me or at the very least you had me in mind when you made them, and Iā€™ll assume also that they were in response to thisā€¦

Reef:
Just fair warning, this thread is > < this close to being locked, please get it back on topic.

Thanks.

Yet you made this point immediately priorā€¦

robroy:
Anybody who canā€™t put up with a wind up (as long as it aint malicious)

Which is exactly what I was giving fair warning against, the post was in danger of degrading into a a tennis match of insults between two members so I stepped in with a friendly reminder for them not to, if you or anyone else has an issue with my style of moderating and for whatever reason choose not to take it up directly with me via PM then please feel free to message either dieseldave or RIKKI directly instead.

And just for the record I have absolutely no issue with this thread, PROVIDING it doesnā€™t degrade into flinging insults back and fore because if it does Iā€™ll have to step in and do the job I was asked to do (unless one of the other mods/admins beats me to it of course)ā€¦

Thanks.

Reef:

robroy:

Hi Rob
Iā€™m going on the assumption that your above comments are directed at me or at the very least you had me in mind when you made them, and Iā€™ll assume also that they were in response to thisā€¦

Reef:
Just fair warning, this thread is > < this close to being locked, please get it back on topic.

Thanks.

Yet you made this point immediately priorā€¦

robroy:
Anybody who canā€™t put up with a wind up (as long as it aint malicious)

Which is exactly what I was giving fair warning against, the post was in danger of degrading into a a tennis match of insults between two members so I stepped in with a friendly reminder for them not to, if you or anyone else has an issue with my style of moderating and for whatever reason choose not to take it up directly with me via PM then please feel free to message either dieseldave or RIKKI directly instead.

And just for the record I have absolutely no issue with this thread, PROVIDING it doesnā€™t degrade into flinging insults back and fore because if it does Iā€™ll have to step in and do the job I was asked to do (unless one of the other mods/admins beats me to it of course)ā€¦

Thanks.

If I had an issue with you personally Reef mate I would have done just thatā€¦pm.d you, I didnā€™t, ā€¦so I didnā€™t. :bulb:

I fully understand you are just finding your feet as a new mod, .and anyway, it aint my place on this forum to pick you up on anything, ā€¦and certainly not my place to contact Dave or Rikki about youā€¦that aint my style mate. :neutral_face:

I would say that in the past at least one mod has been a bit trigger happy shall we say, in locking threads, and it tends to spoil a bit of male banter I reckon.

The way I see it is weā€™re all big butch hairy truckers (well in my case ā€˜hairyā€™ is stretching it a bit :laughing: ) and in most (granted not all) cases there is no need at all to keep us in check like kids.

That was my pointā€¦Again certainly nothing personal bud, if I appeared to be having a personal popā€¦then I apologise. :wink:

Should I make a complaint?

robroy:
l a bit of male banter

robroy:
weā€™re all big butch hairy truckers

Dont you think youre discriminating against non-male banter there Rob?
And what about us more daintily built, less neanderthal types? WE have a voice here too. (it may be high pitched and timid, but it`s here)

Franglais:
Should I make a complaint?

robroy:
l a bit of male banter

robroy:
weā€™re all big butch hairy truckers

Dont you think youre discriminating against non-male banter there Rob?
And what about us more daintily built, less neanderthal types? WE have a voice here too. (it may be high pitched and timid, but it`s here)

Mateā€¦Iā€™m a modern male under all this macho testosterone based image :smiley: , ok not quite metrosexual yet, but open minded (although I do know which side my breadā€™s buttered :smiley: ) and I donā€™t judge anybody.
Not sure if you are telling me you are female, male but in touch with your feminine side, or what tbh :neutral_face: ā€¦but whatever it is youā€™re ok by me. :smiley: