RDC Refrigeration

dieseldave:

nightline:
So you were a chemical driver going by your post

FYI nightline, UKT said this:

UKtramp:
… there are not many of us who are licenced to fill ammonia plants …

I’d say it’s quite unlikely that a chemical driver would actually fill a refrigeration system itself, because IIRC that would normally be a job for a qualified technician as UKT claims to be.

I say that because I’ve delivered '000s of kgs of refrigeration gas (the one I carried was liquid CO2) to all kinds of places, but I never once directly filled an actual refrigeration system, instead we delivered to static storage tanks for the technicians to draw off as and when needed.

Having said that, I’ve never done ammonia.

Have we fogot who we are taking about this man has many capes
He is a master of spoof and waffle and seems to have plenty of time on his hands to use Google or Wikipedia, any one could get any of the waffle he spouts here on them and as for codes numbers a 5 year old could post anything about them with knowledge its called ask Google
He should post something that has credibility to his claim

Reef:
My initial thought tbh was “here we go again”, but you know what, if I can help I will (not to mention the fact that if you are expecting a negative reaction then this will sorely disappoint… sorry)

Not expecting a negative reaction at all reef. Thanks for the link as I have no idea of video editing other than to point the camera and shoot then upload to you tube. The videos I made for my refrigeration series that I had running were not taking into account any negative feedback, they are educational for refrigeration professionals. I just think that some members on here would be interested in viewing them as it is a rare insight to the part of the RDC that you cannot gain access to.

We have an airline pilot on here as well as a sea captain bold ukt,what exactly is the wow factor garnered from refrigeration units exactly pray tell?

manalishi:
We have an airline pilot on here as well as a sea captain bold ukt,what exactly is the wow factor garnered from refrigeration units exactly pray tell?

You forgot to mention all the SAS veterans, politicians, economists, and Russian nerve gas experts that are also on here.

UKtramp:
or I could easily impress you by showing you my house and car.

Will this be the same house you tried to pass off as yours but it actually was found to belong to one of the richest people outside of London the person that owns/owned the Meadow Hall shopping centre■■?
Remember that little episode,we do :laughing:

dieseldave:

UKtramp:

dieseldave:
Just out of interest UKT, (me being an ex-gas tanker driver) which UN substance number [give the ‘R’ number instead if you like] are you talking about please?

TBF, I do share your concern about showing your van reg number, but then I saw this in the OP from your good self:

UKtramp:
I stopped the channel a few years ago because of the types often found on forums and the such.

Do you still have the same van?

R717 Dave.

Thanks for that UKT.

To any ADR drivers, I can now say that R717 =

UN 1005 AMMONIA, ANHYDROUS, 2.3 (8)

The 2.3 (8) means that it’s a toxic gas which is also corrosive, so it’s a very nasty and highly dangerous gas indeed! :open_mouth:

TBF, I’m not at all surprised that proper qualifications are needed for those who handle and use it.

Info is readlity available on Google ,

tommy t:

Not sure what point you’re making here Tommy? :confused:

Where is the videos still no sign of them
Are you having trouble putting made up stuff together to show people
As if anyone cares about you or your van or your house
Deluded springs to mind

xichrisxi:

UKtramp:
or I could easily impress you by showing you my house and car.

Will this be the same house you tried to pass off as yours but it actually was found to belong to one of the richest people outside of London the person that owns/owned the Meadow Hall shopping centre■■?
Remember that little episode,we do :laughing:

As it happens I only live a very few doors away, also that persons xmas tree I showed doesn’t own Meadowhall, just for the record. I wouldn’t, such a song and dance over it as it was intended as a joke at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieseldave:

tommy t:

Makes no sense at all. You will not find my videos on google at all. What info are you talking about tommy or just trying to be clever with your comment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rentadent:

manalishi:

You forgot to mention all the SAS veterans, politicians, economists, and Russian nerve gas experts that are also on here.

Aye I do now recall we had a brief visit from one of Herefords neck snappers some time ago,not heard much since…hmm

Well I used to deliver anhydrous ammonia by the tanker load (from the sister depot that Dieseldave worked for) and would be interested to view the videos. Obviously it was a long time and many beers ago since I did this, but would still watch the stuff.

the maoster:
Well I used to deliver anhydrous ammonia by the tanker load (from the sister depot that Dieseldave worked for) and would be interested to view the videos. Obviously it was a long time and many beers ago since I did this, but would still watch the stuff.

maoster me old m8, I cannot reply to pms as I am on pre mod, if you pm me your email address I will send you the link to view them. Obviously I don’t want to post the link to them public, I know they would be enjoyable for you to see. I have them for private viewing only.

manalishi:

Rentadent:

manalishi:

Whats the wow factor?? No wow factor but pure interest, oh and not exactly fridge units, these are refrigeration plants that cannot be accessed to anyone but a few so it is educational more than any wow factor.

UKtramp:
Whats the wow factor?? No wow factor but pure interest, oh and not exactly fridge units, these are refrigeration plants that cannot be accessed to anyone but a few so it is educational more than any wow factor.

What is education if you don’t show what you’re talking about
It looks like you just posted this repeat post so you would get replys remember you posted the very same thing not so long ago
Don’t make statements you can’t back up, it makes you look like a glory hunter without the glory

nightline:
What is education if you don’t show what you’re talking about
It looks like you just posted this repeat post so you would get replys remember you posted the very same thing not so long ago
Don’t make statements you can’t back up, it makes you look like a glory hunter without the glory

They are available to those who are interested, as said I am not making these public for everyone so I am not seeking any glory as you put it. I have sent the link to the private videos out already so your statement is a little off track.

Is it possible for you to post some screen grabs of the interesting bits, maybe with a bit of an explanation? Personally, I’m fascinated by anything I don’t know.

Captain Caveman 76:
Is it possible for you to post some screen grabs of the interesting bits, maybe with a bit of an explanation? Personally, I’m fascinated by anything I don’t know.

I have sent you the link buddy, I used the email off your contact me page. Pm me your email and I will email you back with the link. I cannot reply to pm but can read them.

dieseldave:

tommy t:

I think you would find them interesting Dave as an ADR instructor. One of them shows the effects of a hose leaking and the dangers involved in the transfer of the gas. I think mine is the only video to ever show this as it is such a dangerous occurrence, no one ever films this happening. As you know I cannot answer pm’s but I can email the link to you.

UKtramp:

manalishi:

Rentadent:

manalishi:

If I go to my tomb knowing jack sheet about the mechanisms of fridges,other than why they can’t make the buggers quieter than a cement mixer on a reefer box,I won’t consider the time as wasted. :wink: