Rationing next...

dave docwra:
I wonder if the people during the 2nd World war being told to obey black out rules, saw that as loss
of their freedom.

Of course they did. That’s why there were wardens appointed to enforce the rules and a barrage of publicity encouraging people to ‘dig for England’ etc.

There were also laws about ‘spreading alarm and despondency’. If you went around saying, “the government’s claims that the war is going well are all nonsense, you know; we are losing the battle and suffering grievous losses; it is going to end in defeat”, then someone could report you, and you could end up facing prosecution. Even had you been right.

These guys remind me of Private Frazer the Home Guard platoon member and undertaker in Dad’s Army. “We’re doomed, we’re all doomed.”

Santa:

dave docwra:
I wonder if the people during the 2nd World war being told to obey black out rules, saw that as loss
of their freedom.

Of course they did. That’s why there were wardens appointed to enforce the rules and a barrage of publicity encouraging people to ‘dig for England’ etc.

There were also laws about ‘spreading alarm and despondency’. If you went around saying, “the government’s claims that the war is going well are all nonsense, you know; we are losing the battle and suffering grievous losses; it is going to end in defeat”, then someone could report you, and you could end up facing prosecution. Even had you been right.

These guys remind me of Private Frazer the Home Guard platoon member and undertaker in Dad’s Army. “We’re doomed, we’re all doomed.”

Private Frazer has morphed into the BBC.

Juddian:
Be interesting when they ask why we haven’t delivered any food to either the food factories or RDC’s when we can’t get to work due to fuel rationing.

“Papers please, sir.”

It’s already happened in France.

R420:

Juddian:
Be interesting when they ask why we haven’t delivered any food to either the food factories or RDC’s when we can’t get to work due to fuel rationing.

“Papers please, sir.”

In New Zealand the police set up a web site for the purpose of encouraging citizens to report on other citizens who are suspected transgressors to the lockdown.

It crashed within a couple of hours due to overloading.

Every afternoon driving home from work, I am an essential service worker, I see at least one person (stood out it the street) taking a photo of my car.

Why would the police get out there and oppress the population when there are a legion of willing bootlickers , seemingly foaming at the mouth to do it for them.

AndieHyde:

R420:

Juddian:

“Papers please, sir.”

In New Zealand the police set up a web site for the purpose of encouraging citizens to report on other citizens who are suspected transgressors to the lockdown.

It crashed within a couple of hours due to overloading.

Every afternoon driving home from work, I am an essential service worker, I see at least one person (stood out it the street) taking a photo of my car.

Why would the police get out there and oppress the population when there are a legion of willing bootlickers , seemingly foaming at the mouth to do it for them.

The same has happened here in the UK. Humberside police couldn’t take any genuine calls because their phone lines were clogged up with snitches reporting their neighbours for being outside doing their daily exercise, taking the dog for a walk etc, so they had to set up a page on their website specifically for the purpose. I’m willing to bet the current number of snitch reports is already into 5 figures and possibly more.

the nodding donkey:
I put a tenner on that we will see fuel rationing next, under the pretext of "stopping unnecessary journeys ", followed by food and or alcohol rationing, under pretext of “preserving vital stocks/avoiding alcohol induced violence etc”, and possibly a limit on money you can take out of your OWN account, under the pretext of “avoiding a run on the bank/limiting black marketeering”…

He, you accepted house arrest, you accepted government handouts instead of independence, you accepted arbitrary healthcare and testing, and you asked for more, the government (what little will be left) will happily oblige.

My bet isn’t on rationing, it’s on an emergency hike in fuel duty.

My bet is on a peak in 3 weeks,then a slow return to normality

commonrail:

i’d settle for that :slight_smile:

dozy:
What the point of fuel rationing , most folks cars are on
There drives doing nothing

Dozy you have excelled yourself and written something sensible for a change

lolipop:

dozy:
What the point of fuel rationing , most folks cars are on
There drives doing nothing

Dozy you have excelled yourself and written something sensible for a change

Dozy and a sensible post?
Christ, now we ARE doomed!

commonrail:

Sounds good to me, followed by a boom for hairdressers and gynaecologists.

9 months from now a population surge is expected.

Govts will just delete a lot of the pretend money they’ve created, bit of tweeking here and there and 80% normality.

Truckers can go back to being the road pariahs of old 2nd only to cyclists.

Dipper_Dave:
Govts will just delete a lot of the pretend money they’ve created

LOL!

I don’t even know where to begin with this.

R420:

Dipper_Dave:

LOL!

Do your best no rush :smiley:

Dipper_Dave:

R420:

Dipper_Dave:

LOL!

I don’t have enough different coloured crayons to draw you the picture so just stick with your “government will simply delete the debt” theory.

R420:

Dipper_Dave:

R420:

Dipper_Dave:

LOL!

I don’t have enough different coloured crayons to draw you the picture so just stick with your “government will simply delete the debt” theory.

Makes a great change to all of the doom merchants silly stories. hahahaha luv it.

the nodding donkey:

dave docwra:
of their freedom.

Really? Still using the old and tired WWII comparison?

I’ll indulge.

The real threat was bombers using lights as aiming points. So the black out was instigated. Sensible, and not otherwise or unnecessarily interfering with peoples life.

To counter a virus, the main two things to do, is hygiene, so washing hands and using disinfectant, and avoiding close contact. Both of those could be achieved, without putting the population under house arrest.

Instead, the government, afterseveral weeks of misinformation, inaction, uturns and diddering, orders people to stay at home, loose their income, work, routine, and in the process does untold damage to the future employment prospects and general wellbeing of the population.

So take the easy way out and blame the Government. And as you appear to know more than the experts, then I suggest you hoof it down to Downing street and offer your services. But before that show us where you have gained all of this insider information and where they have gone wrong.
And No waving your driver CPC will not impress them as much as it impresses you own moronic brain.

jakethesnake:
Want to try this instead?

Well said that man. But you do realise that you are trying to convince some unrealistic knobs, that seem to think that they are owed a Job and an easy life.

Evening standard reported met police enjoying a boom time with Lockdown, apparently 650 arrests across London.

Be 6500 by end of week if all the ■■■■ wit snitches keep on.
They’ll be out checking for bears ■■■■■■■■ in the woods next, and arresting the ground bees for going out without a letter of compliance.

Plus side, got me shed tidied today, even gave me bush a trim too.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

fonzi:

jakethesnake:

Well said that man. But you do realise that you are trying to convince some unrealistic knobs, that seem to think that they are owed a Job and an easy life.

Oooo, look.
Another new member predictably agrees with the argu"mental .

AndieHyde:

fonzi:

jakethesnake:

Oooo, look.
Another new member predictably agrees with the argu"mental .

Hes been on the site longer than you…