Radio 2

toby1234abc:
Steve Wright has had his day, with that annoying : " Love the show ."
His side kicks are annoying too, know it all facts and figures.
Back in the 80,s , the SW show had Mr Angry that would phone in, so angry , he would throw the phone down.
That was funny.
I can’t abide Terry from the allotment with the sound effects live on air.
JV and his wealthy caller arguing with a poor caller.
Its always get the freight on the trains, whenever there is a discussion about Lgv,s.

Gervase the hairdresser too. Lol

My fav was Mark and Lard in the afternoons, that was brilliant radio.

I’ve started to listen to Radcliffe & Marcone now on 6 music, very good together and a very eclectic mix of tunes.

manalishi:
It can only be social engineering,the bbc seems hellbent to destroy anything with conotations of consensual popularity,anything it deems too twee or cosy has to be sacrificed to comply with common purpose values and the new comptroller James Purnell exemplifies the type of dessicated Oxbridge clone drone who operate the levers of influence these days alas.
This Blairite replicants been on my radar for a long while,hes a bad un and this interference has his sulphorous prints all over it I fear.
Jo Whiley encroaching on Mayos show is ludicrous,ditto that welsh catewaulling bint usurping Paul Jones blues show defies belief.
Radio two once seemed like a friend now I fantasise regularly about a slow punctured rubber dinghy,smeared with fish gizzards,cast adrift near that South African seal colony where hundreds of great white sharks congregate and I sit on a deckchair on a convenient yacht as these majestic animals gorge on the boats cargo of Feltz,Ball,Oleary,Charles,Evans,Winkleman,there would be a couple of Rothschilds and the odd Rockofeller to make up the numbers too.The screams…bliss.

Completely agree with this, it isn’t just R2 tho’, its the whole BBC! Everything has to be gender/diversity balanced,they seem more interested in ticking all the latest p/c boxes rather than giving the public who pay their wages something decent to consume :unamused:

GOG47:

manalishi:
It can only be social engineering,the bbc seems hellbent to destroy anything with conotations of consensual popularity,anything it deems too twee or cosy has to be sacrificed to comply with common purpose values and the new comptroller James Purnell exemplifies the type of dessicated Oxbridge clone drone who operate the levers of influence these days alas.
This Blairite replicants been on my radar for a long while,hes a bad un and this interference has his sulphorous prints all over it I fear.
Jo Whiley encroaching on Mayos show is ludicrous,ditto that welsh catewaulling bint usurping Paul Jones blues show defies belief.
Radio two once seemed like a friend now I fantasise regularly about a slow punctured rubber dinghy,smeared with fish gizzards,cast adrift near that South African seal colony where hundreds of great white sharks congregate and I sit on a deckchair on a convenient yacht as these majestic animals gorge on the boats cargo of Feltz,Ball,Oleary,Charles,Evans,Winkleman,there would be a couple of Rothschilds and the odd Rockofeller to make up the numbers too.The screams…bliss.

Completely agree with this, it isn’t just R2 tho’, its the whole BBC! Everything has to be gender/diversity balanced,they seem more interested in ticking all the latest p/c boxes rather than giving the public who pay their wages something decent to consume :unamused:

pretty much agree with that, they are bloody annoying a lot of the time, BUT, they don’t have adverts which tends to make them just a little more prefferable than the opposition.

(although there is some annoying bbc radio advert at the moment with Evans shouting screaming about something, and that’s bloody irritating)

bjd:
So been a bit fed up with radio 2 for a while but im thinking Sarah Cox replacing Chris Evans Alex Lester replacing Vanesa Feltz Vanesa Feltz replacing Jeremy Wine ops vine
Jo Wyley replacing Steve wright there job done

They’ve shifted Jo Whiley to Drive Time in a ‘Diversity Shuffle’ and replaced her with Ana Matronic!
Yay, thank you, thank you - couldn’t stand Whiley’s arslikhan of every guest, her constant mentions of ‘my daughter Coco’ and ’ My Hunter Wellies At Glastonbury’.

I don’t listen to drive time, start work at 9pm and I am thoughougly enjoying Ana’s playlists - old school dance and stuff I’ve never heard which is very listenable.

Glad to see the back of ‘The Organist Entertains’ too.
Entertains who?

there was a good hour programme before Fatty Feltz on Thursday morning…Rock Playlist,with Penny Smith. Motorhead,King Crimson.old skool ELO,Starship etc. :sunglasses:

carryfast-yeti:
there was a good hour programme before Fatty Feltz on Thursday morning…Rock Playlist,with Penny Smith. Motorhead,King Crimson.old skool ELO,Starship etc. :sunglasses:

Jesus whats not to like there,Penny Smith is a delightful presence on the airwaves,warm,ego free and with immpecable music tastes.■■■■ minx too.

manalishi:
Jesus whats not to like there,Penny Smith is a delightful presence on the airwaves,warm,ego free and with immpecable music tastes.■■■■ minx too.

Years ago when using the shore based radio station (Scheveningen Radio) for making link calls at sea there used to be a real ■■■■ sounding vioce but actually got to see her … nothing whatsoever like the voice … :frowning:

P Stoff:
Really like Nicki Chapman first thing.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Should get the gig full time. She has a lovely soothing voice for first thing in the morning, not like Feltz which sounds like Rod Stewart eating razor blades.

Going back to Ms Chapman. I would…

Ken.

Oooohhhh Gary Davies.

Ken.

Wish they would get rid of Evans. Awful screechy voice first thing in the morning.

How did Steve Wright escape the cull? He must have some tasty photos of the last Christmas party.

Same could be said for that Nick Bloke on radio 1 in the morning. Bloke is an utter nob his voice goes right through you.

Red Barchetta:

bjd:
So been a bit fed up with radio 2 for a while but im thinking Sarah Cox replacing Chris Evans Alex Lester replacing Vanesa Feltz Vanesa Feltz replacing Jeremy Wine ops vine
Jo Wyley replacing Steve wright there job done

They’ve shifted Jo Whiley to Drive Time in a ‘Diversity Shuffle’ and replaced her with Ana Matronic!
Yay, thank you, thank you - couldn’t stand Whiley’s arslikhan of every guest, her constant mentions of ‘my daughter Coco’ and ’ My Hunter Wellies At Glastonbury’.

Jo bloody Whiley is one of those people who always gets on in life, despite no one really caring for them. I thought Simon Mayo’s show was perfect just as it is, and it’s an insult to the man to ask him to share it with another presenter. But there you go, BBC management ■■■■■■■■ themselves about lack of diversity.

I actually quite liked Jo Whiley’s show. Apart from Ken Bruce and Simon Mayo, she is the only “regular” I can tolerate.

Agree with other posters, Alex Lester is sorely missed.Craig Charles is an absolute natural, he has Wogan’s gift of seeming to talk to you rather than at you, and though his musical taste tends to be a bit too much soul-ish for me there’s no doubt he knows his subject well.

Steve Wright is just a royal PITA, smug, inane and tediously predictable; his insistence on singing off-key over music really grates, and I’m sure the only reason he has that sickeningly sycophantic crew of his crawling up his backside on a daily basis, is that he’s so damned fugly that shatterproof mirrors in his house would cost too much. The BBC ought to buy him a parrot, teach it to say “Love the show” all day and then lock him in a soundproof room. Half a million quid a year for that pillock, then they wonder why so many of us begrudge the licence fee?

When Jeremy Vine first came on air I was one who welcomed it, as Jimmy Young had got decidedly past his best and seemed hopelessly out of touch. Nowadays I can’t even stand listening to the 5 minute prequel at 11.30 without gritting my teeth, and from the occasional tone of the “banter” I sometimes suspect Ken Bruce isn’t his greatest fan either.

I won’t comment on Evans. The swear filter would preclude me from being able to air my thoughts as I’d wish to.

Cant stand Jo Whiley think it is an insult for her to be on drive time so as of May 14th won’t be listening to that sad as I do like Simon Mayo

Never liked Steve Wright even back in the 70’s Tim Smith on his own is great he should take over Keep Ken Bruce ( although he docent play the mix he used to ) bring back Alex Lester never listened to any of the playlist after 2.00 if still on the road then listen to another station with a real presenter although if in area do listen to Absolute radio or Planet rock if can get

Don’t like Feltz on a morning much better on Jeremy Vine Nikki Chapman is much better I do like listening to some of the stuff they have on after Mayo & before Whiley as I like a lot of different music & hearing new stuff as well as old not a fan of Craig Charles but he is ok on the radio knows his stuff bring in Stuart Marconie

Chris Evans his show a bit long but ok for a morning yep he is loud etc but think you need something like that on a morning to get people motivated into getting ready & out not a fan or Sara Cox but think Richard Allinson would be better there

biggriffin:
Shoot feltz, bring back sir Alex Lester.

Shoot Feltz?

SHOOT Feltz■■?

Far too quick and painless and also a waste of a perfectly good bullet. Rather use the Rifle to club her to death with… hurt her more too! :smiley: :smiley:

And who the is this bland merchant doing vines show this past 2weeks?never heard of the bugger,never will.

I’d prefer Sarah Cox over Chris Evans. Jeremy Vine just makes me angry. I enjoy Steve Wright and Simon Mayo though I think Jo Whiley joining him to co host will be a good move.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sounds of the 70’s with Johnny Walker…

Great if you’re a fan of The Eagles but he never plays any punk or New a wave music if he can get away with it. Gilbert Sullivan, Leo Sayer and Alvin Stardust, what a load of crap.

I only work Saturday afternoons & all day Sunday.
I find Zoe Ball a real pain in the rear end, she’s no better than Dermot O Dreary used to be & Elaine Paige & her Am Dram Numpties on Sunday afternoons almost drive me to distraction. Makes me glad when the phone goes!