Pulling card out

BIG DAY TODAY FOR TROLL/DIPSTICK MAN…why do i keep thinking of this??

youtube.com/watch?v=JChJz4k3oNE

dozy:

Rowley010:
What’s the final outcome for you then dozy or have you not got that far yet?

The case is tomorrow rowley , I’d like too think that would be it , but my understanding is tomorrow is a fine of up too £2500 , then I may/ may not have too go before traffic commissioner too explain my actions , my understanding is suspension / revoke lisense but I’m not sure of that .
Shep knows his stuff so maybe he can say how it all proceeds ,

I guess you know the outcome by now? Few hundred quid and a telling off?

Pulling the card out makes the job harder for the rest of us.

shep532:

dozy:

Rowley010:
What’s the final outcome for you then dozy or have you not got that far yet?

The case is tomorrow rowley , I’d like too think that would be it , but my understanding is tomorrow is a fine of up too £2500 , then I may/ may not have too go before traffic commissioner too explain my actions , my understanding is suspension / revoke lisense but I’m not sure of that .
Shep knows his stuff so maybe he can say how it all proceeds ,

I guess you know the outcome by now? Few hundred quid and a telling off?

Yep got back about 6 , no telling off ,just what my plea ( it was as I said 1 charge as above ) , no mention of 15 mins short on daily rest ) guilty , prosecution solicitor who I thought would be out for blood who couldn’t be nicer , just said we deem this too be a lesser charge , he gained nothing finically , it was a one of incident , we believe a fine will suffice , we are only talking of mins , he was running out of time as he’d been held up on site and was just trying to get parked ( it was a bit longer winded than that but that was the jist of what he said ) , I was then asked if I had anything too say , I just told them what had happened that day and obviously said it won’t happen again , judges just then said they agreed a fine was the correct punishment , women not judge then asked too see my form with wages / savings / etc on and just said Is that what you earn p.w , judge then said I can fine you £500 but as you’ve pleaded guilty at the first opertunity I can reduce that by a third , there’s then £30 too go on ( I’m not sure what for maybe expenses ) , and the procecuting solicitors have asked for £500 expenses , but there not getting that , the fine is £766 , women ( not judge who looked asked about my wages said too judge he can afford it ) , judge asked how I intended too pay , card , said he was giving me 7 days to pay , left with I think usher who said I couldn’t pay there and then and gave me a folder type thins with case number , phone numbers too pay .
I think the bollocking will come from traffic commissioner if I go before him/ her , fine was a lot higher due too procecuting solicitors costs but he was in a way worth it , he even came and saw me and said cases are behind , go and get yourself some dinner and get back for 13.50 and we’ll get you in , then in court when he spoke he seemed to be saying this is 1 incident , mins etc , he didn’t gain anything finically etc , so I think it works out £350 fine , £30 for whatever , then apx £400 for him but me / Mrs thought he did a good job of saying what the fact is , it was 1x charge , he’s not a murder .
The women in court ( not judge ) even apologised for the time I’d been there , arrived 10.30 ( due in court 11) and it must of been 14.30 when finally got in , as I travelled a long way 200 miles .
I’m ok with it , but I’m still ■■■■■■ off that the people who couldn’t be assed too answer multiple phone calls / texts / emails weren’t stood there explaining there conduct as well

Shandy123:

How so?

So is that not the end of it then dozy or might you still have to go before the traffic commissioner?

Rowley010:
So is that not the end of it then dozy or might you still have to go before the traffic commissioner?

The solicitor who procecuted in court said that they were just asking for a fine ( not sure they were quite the words he used ) but that was the jist of it , now whether he just speaks for DVsa/ or on behalf of the vosa / traffic commissioner I’m not really sure .
I’m still a bit baffled as there was no mention in court of 15 mins short on daily rest just time without card in , so will traffic commissioner call me up to explain that ( or do they deem 13 hrs parked up ( 4 my choice ) as sufficient punishment for that , or will I be called up too explain mins without car / shortfall on daily rest , can they then take action against me for mins without a card when I’ve already been found quilty and fines in a court of law , I don’t really know , I just hope it doesn’t take another 8 months of waiting too find out

Not too bad in the end then doze, a lesson for us all on how serious these Tacho offences can become.

Pay up promptly and treat the wife to a night away, little hotel somewhere etc… Coitus is expected so make it special.

Below a grand shouldn’t call for a TC visit, perhaps just a letter.
Just guessing.

Just move on and learn from this experience.

dozy:
can they then take action against me for mins without a card when I’ve already been found quilty and fines in a court of law , I don’t really know , I just hope it doesn’t take another 8 months of waiting too find out

Unlikely to go further but you can call them giving the case number and other details to see what’s likely to follow.

But you’ve already been fined etc so I would say it’s not worth their time.

The judge could have mentioned further action in his summing up but a slap on the wrist via letter is the most I would expect.

[Written from a layman’s point of view as always.]

Dipper_Dave:

dozy:
can they then take action against me for mins without a card when I’ve already been found quilty and fines in a court of law , I don’t really know , I just hope it doesn’t take another 8 months of waiting too find out

Unlikely to go further but you can call them giving the case number and other details to see what’s likely to follow.

But you’ve already been fined etc so I would say it’s not worth their time.

The judge could have mentioned further action in his summing up but a slap on the wrist via letter is the most I would expect.

[Written from a layman’s point of view as always.]

ta Dave , judges just said they agreed with procecuting solicitor a fine was sufficient , but I’ve still got that feeling it’s not quite over with , but time will tell

dozy:
Yep got back about 6 , no telling off ,just what my plea ( it was as I said 1 charge as above ) , no mention of 15 mins short on daily rest ) guilty , prosecution solicitor who I thought would be out for blood who couldn’t be nicer , just said we deem this too be a lesser charge , he gained nothing finically , it was a one of incident , we believe a fine will suffice , we are only talking of mins , he was running out of time as he’d been held up on site and was just trying to get parked ( it was a bit longer winded than that but that was the jist of what he said ) , I was then asked if I had anything too say , I just told them what had happened that day and obviously said it won’t happen again , judges just then said they agreed a fine was the correct punishment , women not judge then asked too see my form with wages / savings / etc on and just said Is that what you earn p.w , judge then said I can fine you £500 (That’s the punishment for the offence)but as you’ve pleaded guilty at the first opertunity I can reduce that by a third , there’s then £30(That’s the “victim surcharge”, Google it) too go on ( I’m not sure what for maybe expenses ) , and the procecuting solicitors have asked for £500 (that’s the costs of prosecuting you, which the court tries to get back)expenses , but there not getting that , the fine is £766 , women ( not judge who looked asked about my wages said too judge he can afford it ) , judge asked how I intended too pay , card , said he was giving me 7 days to pay , left with I think usher who said I couldn’t pay there and then and gave me a folder type thins with case number , phone numbers too pay .
I think the bollocking will come from traffic commissioner if I go before him/ her , fine was a lot higher due too procecuting solicitors costs but he was in a way worth it , he even came and saw me and said cases are behind , go and get yourself some dinner and get back for 13.50 and we’ll get you in , then in court when he spoke he seemed to be saying this is 1 incident , mins etc , he didn’t gain anything finically etc , so I think it works out £350 fine , £30 for whatever , then apx £400 for him but me / Mrs thought he did a good job of saying what the fact is , it was 1x charge , he’s not a murder .
The women in court ( not judge ) even apologised for the time I’d been there , arrived 10.30 ( due in court 11) and it must of been 14.30 when finally got in , as I travelled a long way 200 miles .
I’m ok with it , but I’m still ■■■■■■ off that the people who couldn’t be assed too answer multiple phone calls / texts / emails weren’t stood there explaining there conduct as well

All in all, quite an expensive learning experience. Fingers crossed this is the end of it, personally I don’t agree with the “punishing twice for the same offence” arrangement.

Ridiculous scenario, fined twice for one little offence and then to to top it all a ‘victim surcharge’… :unamused:

Captain Caveman 76:

dozy:
Yep got back about 6 , no telling off ,just what my plea ( it was as I said 1 charge as above ) , no mention of 15 mins short on daily rest ) guilty , prosecution solicitor who I thought would be out for blood who couldn’t be nicer , just said we deem this too be a lesser charge , he gained nothing finically , it was a one of incident , we believe a fine will suffice , we are only talking of mins , he was running out of time as he’d been held up on site and was just trying to get parked ( it was a bit longer winded than that but that was the jist of what he said ) , I was then asked if I had anything too say , I just told them what had happened that day and obviously said it won’t happen again , judges just then said they agreed a fine was the correct punishment , women not judge then asked too see my form with wages / savings / etc on and just said Is that what you earn p.w , judge then said I can fine you £500 (That’s the punishment for the offence)but as you’ve pleaded guilty at the first opertunity I can reduce that by a third , there’s then £30(That’s the “victim surcharge”, Google it) too go on ( I’m not sure what for maybe expenses ) , and the procecuting solicitors have asked for £500 (that’s the costs of prosecuting you, which the court tries to get back)expenses , but there not getting that , the fine is £766 , women ( not judge who looked asked about my wages said too judge he can afford it ) , judge asked how I intended too pay , card , said he was giving me 7 days to pay , left with I think usher who said I couldn’t pay there and then and gave me a folder type thins with case number , phone numbers too pay .

All in all, quite an expensive learning experience. Fingers crossed this is the end of it, personally I don’t agree with the “punishing twice for the same offence” arrangement.

Yep not cheap , then you factor in fuel ( £40 ) + parking £8 , food , etc it takes it over £800 , thank god it was 1x , not 5x , but then the fine seemed to focus on what you’d put down as your earnings , so maybe 5x would of been the same fine as 1x .
I’d of been intrested to know the outcome of the lad who was down for same charge as me , he was going down the route of not guilty , tacho graph fault .
But yea a lesson learnt

Seems a complete waste of time and money when they could have just fined you at the time.

AndrewG:

Shandy123:

How so?

AndrewG:

Shandy123:

How so?

Because, as is always the way with these things, someone does something as a favour to the bosses, and eventually, somewhere along the line, it transforms from a favour into an expectation.

It’s a fair point.

It’s like when you go somewhere that’s just really really REALLY not suitable for the size of vehicle and it’s an accident waiting to happen either doing damage do the vehicle or the property, but you say anything to the office and the response is “well other drivers do it”. You can’t win.

AndrewG:
Ridiculous scenario, fined twice for one little offence and then to to top it all a ‘victim surcharge’… :unamused:

Quite who the victim was we’ll never know…

A.

Adonis.:

AndrewG:

Quite who the victim was we’ll never know…

A.

Us? :open_mouth:

Rowley010:
Seems a complete waste of time and money when they could have just fined you at the time.

From my understanding there were ongoing investigations , I guess they were checking was it a one off / or not . I know after 3 months I was told one day too get the truck into a depot lmmediately and get the truck head downloaded as they found corrupt data , next day I got a phone call from compliance bloke saying he had too meet me the next day as the down load hadn’t worked and they had too have one , met him and he downloaded it x2 , spoke too another office bod and he said it was all part of a on going investigation .
Im only going by what I was told , maybe rubbish , or maybe was true and after investigating they took it for what it was a one off and decided too charge me .
But I’d of thought 1 judge not 3 would be sufficient , and couldn’t they of done it in local magistrates court not one 200 miles away
Nb I know there were doubts as no- one , vosa , ops manager , compliance , hr etc could get there head round why I hadn’t just written on a printout as I had nothing else so it made no sense too do what I did , think they were thinking there’s got too be more too it than he’s saying