Dismissed for alleged tacho infringement! RESULT

Today i was dismissed by my company for apparently pulling the tacho out and driving to the yard!
My tacho removed at 19.50 at yard gate - security log me in at 19.57 , got back just within 15 hrs duty time,so they think ive pulled tacho ( a 7 minute difference between my time and log in time)and driven about 15kms in 7 mins while negotioating roundabouts traffic and 2 speed cameras■■?
\Clock in security is not synched to any vehicle !

Ludicrous! :imp:

Oh yeah, when i supposedly pulled the tacho, their own analaysis said i had driven 6.50 hours total!

So why would i pull tacho if i could have driven 10hrs!!

Fuming!!

Got an appeal but this ones going to tribunal!!

Take it to a tribunal and get what you can.
Get a job with a proper haulage company. Whoever they think they are, They don’t deserve you, So [zb] them. :wink:

Am with limeyphil , take them for everything you can
sounds like they are trying to down size and save a wage bill!

Sorry for your troubles DB, do you/company have a log of finish mileage, surely that can be compared to whats written and recorded on chart and/or for the next journey the vehicle did.

Jesus Christ that is ridiculous!
Not to be a cynic but could there be something more to it (on their side not yours) perhaps they’ve got a checkup coming or something and want a scapegoat to cover some other infringements?

Take them for all you can, you deserve it for being chucked like that, and keep us up to date!

Alex

why did you pull the tacho before you had finished work

hitch:

I second that.

Ken.

if you removed the card before the end of your shift it sounds like knowingly falsifying to me guilty as charged

Quinny:

hitch:

I second that.

Ken.

I wondered why too.

DB…have you been with the firm for over 12 months? If not, they can just get rid of you and there’s not alot you can do unfortunately mate. Do you have a contract? and if so what does it say about their disciplinary procedure?

Try the citizens advice bureau, ACAS and any union you may be in for advice on what to do next.

It seems very severe to sack a bloke for that though!

demonbiker:

got back just within 15 hrs duty time,

I cam understand your frustration, but you are going to have to think very carefully as to what you are going to say, or have said? If you admit to removing it at the gate and then finishing your duties i would think they would have you bang to rights for falsifying your records, which may or may not be gross misconduct, i’m not certain. How did they calculate you drove for 6.5 more mins? Are you digital?

Sounds like DHell to me.

Name them

why

MADBAZ:
Sorry for your troubles DB, do you/company have a log of finish mileage, surely that can be compared to whats written and recorded on chart and/or for the next journey the vehicle did.

Yes they have charts from previous day and day after .

hitch:

Absolutely not ! stopped at gate removed tacho, handed in keys and paperwork and left yard as i was up to 15hrs.

Shrek:

Quinny:

hitch:

I second that.

Ken.

I wondered why too.

DB…have you been with the firm for over 12 months? If not, they can just get rid of you and there’s not alot you can do unfortunately mate. Do you have a contract? and if so what does it say about their disciplinary procedure?

Try the citizens advice bureau, ACAS and any union you may be in for advice on what to do next.

It seems very severe to sack a bloke for that though!

Been there 3 years, disciplinary procedure was not followed and they know it! was pointed out at several points in investigation and dp hearing also handed in a grievance for failing to follow dp procedure during dp hearing but they carried on regardless - uninterested!

Oh and I AM the union rep!!!

prob one of the reasons why they pushed hard to get me out, tried 12 times to investigate/dp me and all have been unfounded and my record is clean!
also gave them a grievance for harrassment.

Scarab:
perhaps they’ve got a checkup coming or something ?

Alex

Have already spoken to VOSA well before this happened about the way they conduct themselve around drivers hours and working time, i think they will be getting a visit sometime soon- after my appeal/tribunal so it doesnt look like ive stuck them in as a disgruntled ex employee… which i am, had already taken steps to have them investigated.

Managers clocking people out to stay within hours, people swapping tachos, always letting people run over hours driving and working time :imp:

dieseldog6:
Name them

Cant yet, but a branch of DHL in Essex ! :wink:

All will become clear!

hitch:

Finished at gate - out of working time. where i removed tacho and left, no other duties.

Mike-C:

demonbiker:

got back just within 15 hrs duty time,

I cam understand your frustration, but you are going to have to think very carefully as to what you are going to say, or have said? If you admit to removing it at the gate and then finishing your duties i would think they would have you bang to rights for falsifying your records, which may or may not be gross misconduct, i’m not certain. How did they calculate you drove for 6.5 more mins? Are you digital?

6.5 hours, disc!