Professional my arse

ezydriver:
Are people actually defending the tang here? lol.

As lorry driver’s we’re supposed to overcome the frustrations other road users create for us - that’s what sets us apart.

I see us as parents of the road, and most other road users as toddlers. Think of how a parent acts in the home with young children, watching the kids, anticipating all manner of mishaps whilst being the fully developed, experienced wiser one. This tang was like a bully child throwing a tantrum. There was no need for that as it could have been disaterous. I don’t respect any man who cannot control himself.

No way mate I dont see how you can tolerate the BS I see you guys put up with all day long. There is no way I would have any of it
Its OK being a parent of the road but there is only so much you can take .
If a driver uses the force of his truck to take revenge that is bad news
If he stops and gets out and loses it big time armed with a jack handle . Then in my veiw he has every right to do that :question:

JEREMY HAWKE:

ezydriver:

As lorry driver’s we’re supposed to overcome the frustrations other road users create for us - that’s what sets us apart.

I see us as parents of the road, and most other road users as toddlers. Think of how a parent acts in the home with young children, watching the kids, anticipating all manner of mishaps whilst being the fully developed, experienced wiser one. This tang was like a bully child throwing a tantrum. There was no need for that as it could have been disaterous. I don’t respect any man who cannot control himself.

No way mate I dont see how you can tolerate the BS I see you guys put up with all day long.

A lot of it doesn’t happen if you anticipate it happening and drive defensively. It takes a few years to master, but getting to a place of water-off-a-duck’s-back is WELL worth it.

Carryfast:

ezydriver:

None of us is perfect and the red mist is a human reaction sometimes.The difference is knowing that it’s wrong afterwards and certainly not thinking that wasn’t the truck driver’s fault.Especially in this case when the tang should realise that it was his mistake,in running up too close and too late to the slower car ahead in lane 1,that kicked off the whole sequence.

Perhaps he did realise that it was his mistake and took evasive action

Carryfast:

Colin_scottish:
My current steed will do 65mph on the limiter but dont tell anyone curryfart just between me and you :wink:

To be fair I was talking about the days of no limiters. :smiling_imp: :wink:

Not much use in either case if you’re going to stay in lane 1 running up behind slower traffic and getting boxed in as a result when you need to be in lane 2.All because the finer points of maintaining seperation distance and with it the time/space needed to make a safe lane change,are too much to get your head around,as in this case. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Nope lane 2 most of the day and it gives some of the tangs a run for there money :wink: :wink:

id just think it was a normal instance on a normal day on normal roadworks on the m6 or anywhere else,and a normal reaction for tangboy in regards of the braindeads surrounding him.
sameoldsameold thatl never stop happening so long as theres myopic driving around at slower speeds than they should,which the corsa,iveco,and the black car are 100% guilty of.
remove the wazzocks and everyone else cracks on.

dieseldog999:
id just think it was a normal instance on a normal day on normal roadworks on the m6 or anywhere else,and a normal reaction for tangboy in regards of the braindeads surrounding him.
sameoldsameold thatl never stop happening so long as theres myopirc driving around at slower speeds than they should,which the corsa,iveco,and the black car are 100% guilty of.

+1

dieseldog999:
sameoldsameold thatl never stop happening so long as theres myopic driving around at slower speeds than they should,which the corsa,iveco,and the black car are 100% guilty of.

The van obviously caught up with him and overtook him long before the start of the video.So the van is a red herring and the truck was always going to end up behind the van.The best he could do was to maintain a decent seperation distance to the car ahead in lane 1 at some point before the start of the vid then make a safe lane change into lane 2 ASAP.

While if there’s any questions regarding the other traffic it’s the actions and motives of the BMW driver which are most in doubt.With the lane change from 3 to 2 looking like a possible deliberate blocking move as much as taking paddy’s non use of indicators at face value.Have to say I’m seeing that type of deliberate blocking increasingly going on at entry slip roads.We’d only know for sure in that regard if paddy had left a decent gap to the car ahead in lane 1 and then indicated his intention to change lane before the BMW driver had indicated his.

As for roadworks the speed limits through them can be a joke but that’s not the fault of traffic trying to obey them so as not to get nicked while others couldn’t give a zb.

dieseldog999:

Does that include you because you come across as a right wazzock most of the time. :laughing:

Six pages I reckon :laughing: any advance?

toonsy:

Surprised it has gotten this far .
Tang’s no angel but he kept it moving , got round the idiots , used all 3 lanes to make steady progress, gave the clown in the BMW a wakeup call and no boats were missed (probably ) and no panels scratched or damaged . No kittens or nuns got squashed and nobody got hurt - what exactly is the problem here ?
As none of us were there we have no idea what happened in the few minutes or miles before the camera started recording.

beefy4605:

toonsy:

Tang’s no angel but he kept it moving , got round the idiots , used all 3 lanes to make steady progress, gave the clown in the BMW a wakeup call and no boats were missed (probably ) and no panels scratched or damaged . No kittens or nuns got squashed and nobody got hurt - what exactly is the problem here ?
As none of us were there we have no idea what happened in the few minutes or miles before the camera started recording.

That your daughter could have been driving the BMW.

ezydriver:

beefy4605:

toonsy:

Maybe that’s why he overtook? Thought it was his daughter so went to have another look? :laughing:

ezydriver:

beefy4605:

toonsy:

My daughter is 14 and already has driven my truck (on closed roads) she is much better than the clown in the BMW.
My son is 17 and just applied for his licence and again has plenty of driving experience on closed roads - I’m not worried about him either .

Time to stop being offended / concerned and outraged for everyone else .
As I said no one got hurt , nothing got damaged - nothing to see here . . This stupidity has been going on for years - now with the event of do gooders / lorry haters with dash cams it becomes something to talk about .
I have been sent a video of what happens when you change a tyre on the hardshoulder of a motorway and it all goes wrong - I wouldn’t post it here as its probably to graphic for most of you but it shows what can go wrong not what a snowflake thinks maybe / might go wrong .

jakethesnake:

dieseldog999:

Does that include you because you come across as a right wazzock most of the time. :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

wazzock or not,the only time im not happy is when i see the way the jobs going on here…and…when dawdling dreamers get in front of me then its instant tangman to the rescue. :smiley:

beefy4605:
Time to stop being offended / concerned and outraged for everyone else .
As I said no one got hurt , nothing got damaged - nothing to see here . . This stupidity has been going on for years - now with the event of do gooders / lorry haters with dash cams it becomes something to talk about .
I have been sent a video of what happens when you change a tyre on the hardshoulder of a motorway and it all goes wrong - I wouldn’t post it here as its probably to graphic for most of you but it shows what can go wrong not what a snowflake thinks maybe / might go wrong .

Well seeing as I put this up as the o/p I’m assuming I’m ‘The snowflake’’ :neutral_face: , but on my time on the road I’ve also seen a lot of ■■■■ up scenarios.
Can I just point out I’m neither quote: "offended, concerned, nor ‘‘outraged’’ over this, or to put it better could not give a ■■■■ in real terms, I was merely pointing out an example of the lack of ‘Professionalism’ on a ‘Professional drivers’ forum and putting it up for discussion on thus. :bulb:
Maybe I got the idea of a ‘‘Driver’s forum’’ wrong eh, …so sorry to offend you.
I’ll ask which sat nav to use on my next post if you prefer.
:unamused:

i think your comparing professionalism with the concept of driving like some stobart on tv dweeb.
the o/p was just a normal post and interesting enough video…it was the usual snowflake suspects jumping onto the bandwagon with the usual replies that make it a longer read.
i dont think tangman did anything wrong,out of order or out of the norm for a normal irish o/d or subby other than get videoed doing it.
but once the holymoly brigade on here get into it then its the usual debate.
nobody gets hurt and good tinterweb traffic for the site…win win win for everyone. :slight_smile:

Well after Brexit we can stop these foreigners with their cereal packet driving licences coming over and driving on our roads :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: Leave it to the real pros like myself to keep things moving. :laughing: :laughing:

Can you get a EE Tang

dieseldog999:
i think your comparing professionalism with the concept of driving like some stobart on tv dweeb.
the o/p was just a normal post and interesting enough video…it was the usual snowflake suspects jumping onto the bandwagon with the usual replies that make it a longer read.
i dont think tangman did anything wrong,out of order or out of the norm for a normal irish o/d or subby other than get videoed doing it.
but once the holymoly brigade on here get into it then its the usual debate.
nobody gets hurt and good tinterweb traffic for the site…win win win for everyone. :slight_smile:

I’m never sure if and when you’re being serious Dd…(as we’ve touched on a few times me and you :smiley: ) but hey!, I’ll bite to amuse you. :laughing:

Irish English Scottish or Pigthickish is totally irellavent. Even you (as a driver) can’t say that it’s ok for anybody with a Class 1 licence to use a 44 tonner to force a car into another lane, with all the potential grief and ball ache that could result in, no matter what had gone on beforehand or how big a ■■■■ the guy in the car had acted towards matey in the Paddywagon.
Yeh we know it goes on in certain sections of truckers, but that don’t make it acceptable. :smiling_imp:

That was my whole point in the thread, and ignoring the puppies and the kittens for a minute for Beefy’s benefit, a more resposible driver (and dare I say ‘pro’ driver) would never do that, where as an absolute James Hunt would, does, and did on that particular vid.

Away man, …get the tongue out of the cheek and the wind up boots off and tell me otherwise. :smiley:

robroy:
Irish English Scottish or Pigthickish is totally irellavent. Even you (as a driver) can’t say that it’s ok for anybody with a Class 1 licence to use a 44 tonner to force a car into another lane, with all the potential grief and ball ache that could result in, no matter what had gone on beforehand or how big a [zb] the guy in the car had acted towards matey in the Paddywagon.
Yeh we know it goes on in certain sections of truckers, but that don’t make it acceptable. :smiling_imp:

That was my whole point in the thread, and ignoring the puppies and the kittens for a minute for Beefy’s benefit, a more resposible driver (and dare I say ‘pro’ driver) would never do that, where as an absolute James Hunt would, does, and did on that particular vid.

Away man, …get the tongue out of the cheek and the wind up boots off and tell me otherwise. :smiley:

Ironically if it’s all supposed to be about getting on with it and cracking on then surely paddy would have been better off staying in lane 3 and getting by both the van and the BMW driver,which is what I’d have done at that point.So yet another case of the tang even by his own standards, cutting off his nose to spite his face by ending up where he started behind the BMW and the van,just like boxing himself in in lane 1 to start with and even DD can’t possibly defend that. :smiling_imp: :laughing: