Professional my arse

The highway code specifically states when pulling out to overtake you should be aware of vehicles returning to lane 2 from lane 3. This is where the lorry driver failed. Although as many have said, this is an everyday thing, and no harm done.

But that last stunt pulled by the lorry driver was depressing to watch. The muppetry is getting stupid now. A few nights ago I was coming round the M25 and a Superdrug lorry in front of me kept veering onto the hard shoulder, then correcting, then veering into lane 2. It went on for a few miles befroe I overtook. When I passed, all I saw was some skinny-jeans millenial with his right foot up, resting on the door/air vent area, his right hand was up and holding onto the overhead handle, and I could see he was playing with his phone. Perhaps his lorry had automatic everything and he relied on it. That’s what happens when everything is automated. That’s the type of driver it breeds.

The driver who has a keen appreciation of what he’s actually doing in the moment (piloting 44 tons of metal at 50mph+ on a thin strip of tarmac amongst thousands of other lumps of even faster metal) gets my reckoning, but sadly they’re far and few between now.

Vid:

robroy:
Granted he was cut up and tbf he managed to avoid an accident.

No he wasn’t, car slowing in front coming into the cones (as so many do), decided to do one flick on the indicator and pull out at the same time as the car outside, who was indicating, moved into the same lane.

Not quite. The truck indicated at 10 secs, before the car driver. Lane 2 at that point was clear. The car indicated about a second later. The car driver totally in the wrong at that point. The problem then was the truck driver went ballistic (can totally agree and understand) and then decided to chase the car driver and be a total idiot.

Personally I think it was lucky the truck driver didn’t wipe out the car he was overtaking. As usual car drivers unable to read the bloody road. Simple on m-ways and DC’s just observe how quickly trucks are catching the vehicle in front. Not hard, unless you are not paying attention.

If I were plod would do the car driver for careless driving and the truck driver for dangerous driving.

ezydriver:
The highway code specifically states when pulling out to overtake you should be aware of vehicles returning to lane 2 from lane 3. This is where the lorry driver failed. Although as many have said, this is an everyday thing, and no harm done.

But that last stunt pulled by the lorry driver was depressing to watch. The muppetry is getting stupid now. A few nights ago I was coming round the M25 and a Superdrug lorry in front of me kept veering onto the hard shoulder, then correcting, then veering into lane 2. It went on for a few miles befroe I overtook. When I passed, all I saw was some skinny-jeans millenial with his right foot up, resting on the door/air vent area, his right hand was up and holding onto the overhead handle, and I could see he was playing with his phone. Perhaps his lorry had automatic everything and he relied on it. That’s what happens when everything is automated. That’s the type of driver it breeds.

The driver who has a keen appreciation of what he’s actually doing in the moment (piloting 44 tons of metal at 50mph+ on a thin strip of tarmac amongst thousands of other lumps of even faster metal) gets my reckoning, but sadly they’re far and few between now.

Firstly it’s obvious that the car driver made the lane change from 3 to 2 well after the truck had started the lane change from 1 to 2,probably deliberately.

As for the rest there’s no excuse for the truck driver’s stupid tail gating and retaliation and running at excessive speed in 50 mph max traffic.IE just another example of the worst type of car driver with a truck licence.

Having said that also think that unrealistic ‘roadworks’ speed limits cause more hazards,in the form of needless bunching and conflict,than they solve in protecting the,often even non existent,‘workforce’.

there should be an amendment to part of the highway code saying that…
if you in any way impede the progress of a truck on irish plates in any way ,shape,manner or means whatsoever,then expect to be on the recieving end of said trucks displeasure,and 1 get well out of the way pronto,or 2…expect to be on the receiving end of the aforementioned trucks displeasure for being a bellend .
looks suspiciously like donegal plates.
he is deffo 3/4 into the lane before mr myopic in the beemer cuts in.you can see the way supertang nosedives her and almost takes out the car in lane 1 that his super hamptons went clean through the floor.
as is the norm with our ■■■■■■ up ee brothers then tangs in general drive they way they drive in their native tangland hence dont mess or expect the inevitable retribution.
judging from the sun,then its evening,and if he dont make the birkenhead boat for a feed and a kip,then he will have to drive up over the top to cairnryan meaning a night with only a couple hours kip which makes a considerable difference to keeping er lit or not.
if you want to blend in and be the grey man,then white truck,and white fridge is the way to go… :slight_smile:

Could well be the bmw didnt realise/see supertang heading into lane 2 when he decided to move back into lane 2. This happens a lot both with cars and trucka.

Simplecase of a near miss maybe, with no intent.

The actions of supertang afterwards are inexcusable though. Its probably no coincidence theres no livery/company names visible.

He’s already tailgating the focus…before the bmw comes into it.
Then tailgates the van.
Complete ■■■■ burger.

I didn’t notice him force the car over into lane 1 towards the end :open_mouth: . That’s a bit naughty. I thought he was still ‘keeping it lit’ in lane 3. Can’t see it in the video but maybe the passengers in the car were giving the trucker the middle finger or something? I’m willing to bet that something has gone off prior to the start of the clip (as is the case 99% of the time in these selective clips).

The person filming is nearly as bad. Watch the timeline between him passing the truck and then pulling in front of it. I bet there wasn’t 15ft between them :open_mouth: . I can understand the trucker losing his rag tbh, rightly or wrongly. It’s easy for all the trucker perfectionists to criticise and judge from the comfort of their armchairs though…

Rob K:

robroy:
Apologies if this has been covered, but it just illustrates the [zb] whits who blag Class 1s these days. :unamused:
Granted he was cut up and tbf he managed to avoid an accident.
Somebody posted the other week about what makes a truck driver a ‘professional’ this illustrates the difference, between professionalism and [zb] reacting like that and using your truck as some kind of weapon is just [zb] wrong, not to mention [zb] dangerous and life threatening, and we see it more and more often.

youtu.be/OckwAG4a0Wo

Looks fine to me :smiley: . Making good progress and good use of the available tarmac space while all the lemmings panic and slow down to 35 mph in the 50 mph zone.

“Using your truck as some kind of weapon”? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Let’s cut the hysterics eh? :unamused: This isn’t The Daily Mail comments section :unamused: .

Face it - at least he’s concentrating on what he’s doing and I’d much prefer to be sharing the road with someone like that than the increasing numbers of “professionals” that can’t keep within their own lane or maintain a constant speed because they’re too busy [zb]ing about with their phone.

Nearly forgot! : End of.

Moving into a prohibited lane 3, with a potential 44 tonnes, with the soul intent of forcing a car over into a lane that he has no intention of going in, and to boot not even sure if lane 1 would be in his field of vision in his nearside mirror (ok arguable) so likely for all he knew/cared another innocent party could have got ■■■■■■■ in it all also…, in my book is using his truck as a ‘means of agression’ then, if you think ‘weapon’ is over the top (ok on reflection it maybe is a bit Mailesque after all :blush: )

As for your other point, rather than an either/or situation, I’d prefer to share the road with neither of these type of prick…End of (didn’t forget ! :smiley: )

the car in lane 1 is going far too slow and should be prosecuted for due care.
the iveco van in lane 2 is dawdling pass tangman in lane 2 causing him grief till he eventually crawls pass him to leave a clear lane 2 which tangman immediately pulls into.
seconds later mr myopic in the bmw does the same when its unsafe to do so,hence careless driving from him.
both the iveco and bmw are dawdling along causing the usual rolling roadblock delay and should be prosecuted for driving without due care and consideration to other road users as the lanes are well clear in front of them and they should be ■■■■■■■ off into the distance,or at least lane 1.
tangman has a boat to catch with a normal and reasonable reaction to the fannys surrounding him,hence getting them in the best position possible,i.e. behind him.
no kittens squashed,and no busload of disabled orphans harmed…bit of a non event really dont you think?? :confused:
possibly a proper professional supergod driver could clarify the situation for us shortly?? :laughing:

dieseldog999:
the car in lane 1 is going far too slow and should be prosecuted for due care.
the iveco van in lane 2 is dawdling pass tangman in lane 2 causing him grief till he eventually crawls pass him to leave a clear lane 2 which tangman immediately pulls into.
seconds later mr myopic in the bmw does the same when its unsafe to do so,hence careless driving from him.
both the iveco and bmw are dawdling along causing the usual rolling roadblock delay and should be prosecuted for driving without due care and consideration to other road users as the lanes are well clear in front of them and they should be ■■■■■■■ off into the distance,or at least lane 1.
tangman has a boat to catch with a normal and reasonable reaction to the fannys surrounding him,hence getting them in the best position possible,i.e. behind him.
no kittens squashed,and no busload of disabled orphans harmed…bit of a non event really dont you think?? :confused:

Nobody’s disputing there are other guilty parties in this as well as the ■■■■ in the Scania DD, and I aint naive enough to think it aint just a normal everyday situation on the road, (unfortunately) and as you say no kittens puppies or toddlers were harmed, although if ■■■■ had got his way there may well have been one of the latter strapped in the back of one of the cars, who’s Mother would not give a flying ■■■■ about his boat to catch…yeh, yeh, ok, I know over dramatised effect alert, so it’s back to Rob K’s Daily Mail, but potentialy real despite all that. :bulb:

Look mate, trust me on this, I’m the most unlike a drama queen type you could meet, and my whole point in this thread is that Scania ■■■■ is supposed to be a cut above, a ‘pro’ with higher standards ie professionalism :bulb: …as laughable as that last statement is. :unamused:

the point of professional in the uk real world is perceived as…nobody considers you as a professional unless theres a whoopsie of an accident or near miss,or officialdom tell you that you are because your class of professionalism suits them at the time of what is usually impending prosecution or suspension of licence.
apart from that,truckies are not seen in any form of professionalism by the general public.
there is that in the literal sense of course,but not anywhere else in the uk.
decent wee vid clip though id have rather seen a bit of carnage to be honest. you cant beat the youtube russian trucks. :slight_smile:

if you look close,then the zoomer in the corsa in lane 1 brakechecks tangman just as he puls out,so another offence for him in the 1st place as theres nothing in front of him for miles anyway. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:
if you look close,then the zoomer in the corsa in lane 1 brakechecks tangman just as he puls out,so another offence for him in the 1st place as theres nothing in front of him for miles anyway. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

To be fair paddy is also driving like an amateur car driver.To fast too close in too much traffic heading into a 50 limit.Leaving himself no room and therefore no options regarding the inevitable muppetry going on ahead and at the side of him.If you look he also didn’t indicate to move into lane 2 probably because he’d left no room for a proper lane change even if nothing was at the side of him.I wouldn’t trust the useless muppet to drive a 7.5 tonner let alone an artic. :unamused: Robroy is spot on.

On that note what’s the situation regarding dodgy licences in paddy land because I’d be surprised if he’s even passed a car test let alone a class 1 ?. :wink: :laughing:

robroy:
Nobody’s disputing there are other guilty parties in this as well as the ■■■■ in the Scania DD, and I aint naive enough to think it aint just a normal everyday situation on the road, (unfortunately) and as you say no kittens puppies or toddlers were harmed, although if ■■■■ had got his way there may well have been one of the latter strapped in the back of one of the cars, who’s Mother would not give a flying [zb] about his boat to catch…yeh, yeh, ok, I know over dramatised effect alert, so it’s back to Rob K’s Daily Mail, but potentialy real despite all that. :bulb:

Look mate, trust me on this, I’m the most unlike a drama queen type you could meet, and my whole point in this thread is that Scania ■■■■ is supposed to be a cut above, a ‘pro’ with higher standards ie professionalism :bulb: …as laughable as that last statement is. :unamused:

I responded to you earlier but the post hasn’t come through yet. In response to this, the only reason it’s received attention is because there’s a big truck in the frame. These kind of antics are performed by car and van drivers everywhere and no-one bats an eyelid other than a bit of tutting and rolling of eyes. As mentioned by someone else in a recent thread, we are only “professionals” when on the receiving end of The Law; the rest of the time we are just drivers, the same as everyone else, the only difference being that our vehicles are bigger than their vehicles. People go on about how we should set examples. Examples to whom? Do you think a car driver trundling along in their cocoon with their blinkers on is going to be paying any attention to a trucker maintaining a 2 second gap and correct use of indication and lane discipline? :unamused: The only thing car drivers care about is getting in front of the nasty juggernaut at all costs, regardless of the fact their arse falls out at 45mph, because-speed-cameras. They are quick to post their selective few seconds of glory on the internetz for the Daily Mail lot to get all frothy over, yet when scrutinised it usually transpires that their own driving is just as bad - if not worse - and that’s just within the selective clip they’ve uploaded. Like I said in my other post, let’s see the footage in the preceeding few minutes as I strongly suspect this wasn’t the first encounter he’d had with the BMW. Doesn’t make it right but it takes two to tango.

So driver goes in out side lane, crime of the century hang him,is that the biggest crime a pro driver can do,these ■■■■ heads that hog the middle lane are the problem,if you Cant drive on a motorway you should not be on it,so the driver is unprofessional for going in to lane 3,well what can I say. crack on drive, you don’t get kittens in lane 3

malcolmgbell:
So driver goes in out side lane, crime of the century hang him,is that the biggest crime a pro driver can do,these ■■■■ heads that hog the middle lane are the problem,if you Cant drive on a motorway you should not be on it,so the driver is unprofessional for going in to lane 3,well what can I say. crack on drive, you don’t get kittens in lane 3

Do try and keep up bud eh? :unamused:

We’ve moved on from the ‘No kittens were harmed’ stage.

We’ve agreed it isn’t the crime of the century (or even the week) more of a regular occurrence.

Who said he was unprofessional purely for going into lane 3 exactly ?

The point made by me in o/p (or tried to be made :unamused: ) was that this guy’s quality of driving did not show any professionalism whatsoever, by trying to force a car into another lane by intimidation and the shear size of his vehicle.

Ok yeh, middle lane hogging is a pain in the ■■■■ as you rightly say, but absolutely Jack ■■■■ to do with the video put up for discussion. :bulb:

be fair,he ran a 46 foor 8 foot wide trailer at what looks like well over the roadworks speed limit down a 6 foot 6 lane width without wrecking anything…definately well professional if you ask me.
narrowly missed being deliberately brake checked,avoided the myopic ■■■■■■ in the bmw and managed to get him to kakk his trollies without taking the side out of him… now theres a man who knows the size of his truck. :wink:

Maybe his pointy tang boots got stuck on the dash and he couldn’t brake?

Rob K:
People go on about how we should set examples. Examples to whom? Do you think a car driver trundling along in their cocoon with their blinkers on is going to be paying any attention to a trucker maintaining a 2 second gap and correct use of indication and lane discipline? :unamused: The only thing car drivers care about is getting in front of the nasty juggernaut at all costs, regardless of the fact their arse falls out at 45mph, because-speed-cameras. They are quick to post their selective few seconds of glory on the internetz for the Daily Mail lot to get all frothy over, yet when scrutinised it usually transpires that their own driving is just as bad - if not worse - and that’s just within the selective clip they’ve uploaded. Like I said in my other post, let’s see the footage in the preceeding few minutes as I strongly suspect this wasn’t the first encounter he’d had with the BMW. Doesn’t make it right but it takes two to tango.

That’s about the nail on the head there.
I have strong doubts this was the only interaction between these two. Maybe the camera car didnt see it, maybe hes an hgv hater. Who knows, but I bet theres more to this story somewhere.

That being said, risking killing someone or causing an rta isn’t on. We might only be professional when the ■■■■ hits the fan but we do still need to appreciate driving a vehicle of that size and throwing it about like that isnt on for any reason

Rob K:
I responded to you earlier but the post hasn’t come through yet. In response to this, the only reason it’s received attention is because there’s a big truck in the frame. These kind of antics are performed by car and van drivers everywhere and no-one bats an eyelid other than a bit of tutting and rolling of eyes. As mentioned by someone else in a recent thread, we are only “professionals” when on the receiving end of The Law; the rest of the time we are just drivers, the same as everyone else, the only difference being that our vehicles are bigger than their vehicles. People go on about how we should set examples. Examples to whom? Do you think a car driver trundling along in their cocoon with their blinkers on is going to be paying any attention to a trucker maintaining a 2 second gap and correct use of indication and lane discipline? :unamused: The only thing car drivers care about is getting in front of the nasty juggernaut at all costs, regardless of the fact their arse falls out at 45mph, because-speed-cameras. They are quick to post their selective few seconds of glory on the internetz for the Daily Mail lot to get all frothy over, yet when scrutinised it usually transpires that their own driving is just as bad - if not worse - and that’s just within the selective clip they’ve uploaded. Like I said in my other post, let’s see the footage in the preceeding few minutes as I strongly suspect this wasn’t the first encounter he’d had with the BMW. Doesn’t make it right but it takes two to tango.

You’re maybe right about the ‘professional’ question, and it only applying in terms of negative circumstances, but as I’ve said before, a good truck driver displays professionalism naturally in his driving ability and technique, as any other professional (in terms of the job being his full time profession) does, (or at least should) in any field.

Yeh the ‘‘Guy in the big truck’ is always going to stand out in comparison to some old bloke in his Rover, or plumber in his van, but that’s just another reason as to why he should …ok maybe ‘set an example’’ is the wrong phrase, so maybe ‘‘display professionalism’’ in his driving, is a better way of putting it, if only if it’s just to avoid him standing out like a pair of Bulldog’s balls.

The lack of this ‘display of professionalism’ nowadays is undoubtedly the reason for the general ■■■■ poor opinion of us by other road users would you not say? (Whether you me or anybody else actually care about public perception or opinion is irelavent imo)

I am not the perfect driver who never does anything wrong nor balls up by any means, but I do know that I don’t drive like a ■■■■ and use intimidation as a technique of driving, as the guy in the subject of this discussion did.