POA Query

Hoping someone can clarify this issue with POA / Break
Can break / bed mode be recognised a POA ?
Example… 2hr 45m on break / bed mode (waiting to be loaded) the first 45m is obviously recognised as drivers
break / rest can the additional 2hrs be recognised as POA without changing the setting from break / bed mode to POA mode

peanuthugger:
Example… 2hr 45m on break / bed mode (waiting to be loaded) the first 45m is obviously recognised as drivers
break / rest can the additional 2hrs be recognised as POA without changing the setting from break / bed mode to POA mode

What is recorded is what it is unless you do a manual entry to change it but why would you want to … that’s weird

peanuthugger:

No, break is break and POA is POA, while they may in some ways be similar they’re not the same.

I was told on a CPC Drivers Hours and Tachograph Laws Module.
That break / rest could be recognised as POA but not the other way round ?
Appears to be a grey area

peanuthugger:
I was told on a CPC Drivers Hours and Tachograph Laws Module.
That break / rest could be recognised as POA but not the other way round ?
Appears to be a grey area

It’s not a grey area at-all, if you record break on your tachograph you’re on break if you record POA you’re on POA, it sounds like either your DCPC trainer was talking rubbish or you misunderstood what was said.

Break is never recognised as POA, but the first 45 minutes of POA when your card is in slot 2 on a multi-manning trip is recognised as break, this is because you cannot put slot 2 on break while the vehicle is moving.

No offence intended but is it possible that this is what you was told rather than being told that break can be recognised as POA ?

Unless you don’t get paid for breaks then it doesn’t make any difference what it’s recognised as POA or not; break and POA have the same effect on working time for the WTD ANYWAY.

Coffeeholic:
Unless you don’t get paid for breaks then it doesn’t make any difference what it’s recognised as POA or not; break and POA have the same effect on working time for the WTD ANYWAY.

except a 15 min break re-starts the 6 hr clock :wink: in which they don’t do they

nick2008:

Coffeeholic:

except a 15 min break re-starts the 6 hr clock :wink: in which they don’t do they

I meant why would you want to count something recorded as break as POA, if you’ve recorded break then there’s no benefit to then wanting to change it to POA, unless you don’t get paid for breaks, because neither of them will affect your working time for the WTD.

Why argue with Mr holic? If Carlsberg made trucknet contributors then he would be it. Well informed and humorous. A very rare combination.

Ps. No I Don’t know him.
I’m not him.
I’m not his love child.