Photos of Trucks from Tasmania and Australia

Come on Dig, name this roadhouse. :smiley:

And this one. :wink:

MRM I need photos of 20 odd years ago but i will have a guess on these two ,the top one reminds me of two I visited a few years a go one was in Boulia Queensland and the other is BP Kunnanara opposite the stock yards turn off and the ariel shot could be Nullarbor r/h SA.
Heres one for you.

Cheers Dig

This was more than 20, years ago ■■

Well done Dig, I thought that you might recognise them as I took those photos 15 years ago while we were doing 'The Loop" in the motorhome. :laughing:
This was parked across the road from the old Kununurra Roadhouse at the time and no doubt you saw quite a few of these along the west coast on your travels. The photos of the W.A. Freightlines were taken somewhere on The Nullabor.
I am not sure if I know where that photo of your roadhouse was taken but at a guess I would say that it was somewhere near the Coral Bay turn off in W.A. I don’t think that it is your mates place at Sandfire where we did stay once. The thing that I remember about Sandfire was that instead of having Duck boards out side the shower they had clean cardboard cartons which they replaced regularly. :unamused:
I came across these photos of this Atkinson on the Internet and I thought that I would put them on here just in case anybody knows anything about it.

mushroomman:
Well done Dig, I thought that you might recognise them as I took those photos 15 years ago while we were doing 'The Loop" in the motorhome. :laughing:
This was parked across the road from the old Kununurra Roadhouse at the time and no doubt you saw quite a few of these along the west coast on your travels. The photos of the W.A. Freightlines were taken somewhere on The Nullabor.
I am not sure if I know where that photo of your roadhouse was taken but at a guess I would say that it was somewhere near the Coral Bay turn off in W.A. I don’t think that it is your mates place at Sandfire where we did stay once. The thing that I remember about Sandfire was that instead of having Duck boards out side the shower they had clean cardboard cartons which they replaced regularly. :unamused:
I came across these photos of this Atkinson on the Internet and I thought that I would put them on here just in case anybody knows anything about it.

You may have come to the right place MRM I believe that Atkinson in the early 90s belonged to a couple of men whose name escapes me at present and had a drilling rig mounted on the back and is 6 wheel drive and I got involved with it as it had a rear diff problem [Kirkstall Axles] and they didn’t know where to get parts so I rang a mate in the UK and he put them in touch with the right people.I might add I never saw the truck at that time just the diff which had been removed in the bush and brought to town.Its the only 6wd one I know of in WA.That name on the door wasn’t the name of the company who i spoke with at the time so it may have been sold on.If I remember the names or company name i will get back to you.

Sorry your way out on the roadhouse its Willare R/H 60 kms south of Derby on the north side of the Fitzroy River bridge.

Cheers Dig

Heres a few for you Dig.

rtrain14.JPG

DEANB:
Heres a few for you Dig.

Up to your usual standard DEANB with a nice load on the Volvo.
Dig

Is this your Atkinson MRM

Dig

images 9.46.54 am.jpeg

You must be joking Dig, I would need a Stanna stair lift just to get into the cab. :laughing:
Now why don’t you try this for a retirement project. :wink:

trucksales.com.au/buy/used/O … SON-F4870/

mushroomman:
You must be joking Dig, I would need a Stanna stair lift just to get into the cab. :laughing:
Now why don’t you try this for a retirement project. :wink:

trucksales.com.au/buy/used/O … SON-F4870/

I assume you want me to use it on the 5th of November. lol

Dig

A couple of old ones.

Hello Dig, hope you are keeping well and the cook is behaving herself ! :wink:

Looks like a bit of an issue going on here.

One of several Leylands owned by this Dairy products company in the early 70s in the Perth WA area.

Cheers Dig

DIG:
One of several Leylands owned by this Dairy products company in the early 70s in the Perth WA area.

Cheers Dig

Nice pic Dig, that old Leyland must have been getting on a bit !

rtrain35.PNG

DEANB:
Looks like a bit of an issue going on here.

That’s not going anywhere soon.