trucking down under

I visited Australia at Christmas and I finally got round to sorting out some of the pictures.

The first thing that I noticed was the mix of trucks. As well as the European modals that we are used to seeing, you had the Yankee stuff as well as Asian trucks.

As well as their trucks (in NSW) being longer than ours the city roads were much narrower than ours

‘B’ trains run with a standard trailer behind something like this

taking there length to 25 meters

There was also plenty of unuasual trucks like this Volvo F7 6x4 tractor unit that was being used to teach. Notice the load on it’s back

or this old atki

we even came across an 8 legger coach

they love them rules and regulations over there. If your caught without your belt on that will be 3 points, if one of you passengers isn’t wearing theirs that will be another 3. That’s as long as it wasn’t the Christmas holiday period when you earn double demerits so you would have just kissed goodbye to your licence.

having said that the speed limits are the same for trucks as cars
100kph on single carriageway, and 110kmph on highways. I think that that’s for the bikes too

Renault gets lost in translation too

Great Pics Marlow :smiley:

yeah nice pics there some long trucks

These were quite common too, note the distance between trailer and prime mover, presumably to make tipping easier.

The reg plates seem a bit more interesting too

running at 63 tonnes with the b trains this was a common site in towns

nice pics marlow thanks

very good pics !!! :sunglasses:

Is the Atki driver wearing a Hi-Viz wooly jumper? :laughing:

Great pics, keep em coming :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

excellent pics really good :laughing: