Timber trucks from around the world

Hi all started another thread . Please send in your pictures and stories . Tony

mercman123:
Hi all started another thread . Please send in your pictures and stories . Tony

Aren’t you supposed to start a thread with a contribution of your own? :astonished: :wink: :laughing:

Well I supose I should but I haven’t. Tony

Is this better ? Have you got any pictures or stories too tell ?

A couple a mite frivolous, one interesting and one obscure. :slight_smile:

Trust me, it’s a logger, a trailer I had converted so I could transport logs from the stack to a store near the back door. :laughing:

Can’t remember where I saw this picture, maybe in here, but it’s a 1940s Diamond T. Pleased to see the driver is keeping well away from a springback on that sylvester. :wink: :smiley:

In the days when I pulled my caravan with my Saxo I followed this logger for a while travelling south homeward bound from Boulogne. I got a bit of a run on a downhill section and set off to pass him. Level with his cab I hit the ‘bow wave’ and the Saxo was knackered. He grinned down at me and I waved him on his way dropping back to gratefully follow in his wake, saving a lot of fuel in the process, all the way to the Super U at Incoville south of Rouen where we both refuelled. He came over and we had a little chat about the job and other things. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps your thread off to a bit of a start. I see plenty of loggers round these parts but rarely get the chance of a photo. If I do, you’ll be the first to know. :wink: :slight_smile:

Hi Dave thanks for the pictures. The small one wouldn’t take much of a load! Tony

I ment too send this picture .Is there many timber trucks by you in France ?

mercman123:
Hi Dave thanks for the pictures. The small one wouldn’t take much of a load! Tony

Around a dozen 1 metre logs, enough to keep the fire going for a few days in winter. :wink: :smiley:

(not my pics)

Hi all one from Shropshire UK .

FINLAND

Some great pictures from Finland . Tony

I’m not sure if your only after european trucks or not, but heres a few New Zealand on-highway units taken over the last few years

Hi Grant yes all countries in the world are ok here ! Some great pictures from New Zealand trucks. You have some beauties there. Thanks Tony