Peak District.

I wonder which quarry this was going to (Taken 1958 in Buxton)

Stanfield:
I wonder which quarry this was going to (Taken 1958 in Buxton)

I would reckon it’s heading for Tunstead or Taylor Friths at Dove Holes . It’s outside the Grove Hotel turning down Spring Gardens and it will be a tight squeeze under the old bridge on Fairfield Road .

Yard shot taken in 1982.

Well known motors in the Peaks

IMGP0238.JPG

New Folde 004.jpg

I should be with the Riley’s this weekend at Newark.

Pete.

FB_IMG_1575906256660.jpg
A minky nmp

That AEC I don’t remember at all Paul, or the name of the operator? However in 1972 I was still living ‘down south’ and had barely heard of Derbyshire, let alone Ashbourne, and had yet to meet the future Mrs Windrush who dragged me up country! :laughing: I reckon Mick (Malmic) will know all about it though, he’s a clever lad!

Pete.

windrush:
That AEC I don’t remember at all Paul, or the name of the operator? However in 1972 I was still living ‘down south’ and had barely heard of Derbyshire, let alone Ashbourne, and had yet to meet the future Mrs Windrush who dragged me up country! :laughing: I reckon Mick (Malmic) will know all about it though, he’s a clever lad!

Pete.

According to form she had a twin Pete

coomsey:
A minky nmp

Late 60’s and early 70’s(when I worked for Allen’s) I worked with Bill Bannister out of Croxden Gravel, Cheadle for several years - hence the green livery. If you could see the tailgate it would have the phone number Tean 393 in the centre panel. Bill lived in Ashbourne and his brother Des lived in Alton. Des ran an immaculate LAD-cabbed three-axle Leyland with a high sided body. They were both working out of Croxden long after I went on to pastures new.

Steve

Ste46:

coomsey:
A minky nmp

Late 60’s and early 70’s(when I worked for Allen’s) I worked with Bill Bannister out of Croxden Gravel, Cheadle for several years - hence the green livery. If you could see the tailgate it would have the phone number Tean 393 in the centre panel. Bill lived in Ashbourne and his brother Des lived in Alton. Des ran an immaculate LAD-cabbed three-axle Leyland with a high sided body. They were both working out of Croxden long after I went on to pastures new.

Steve

Thanks Steve, she stands well, would like to see her twin. Cheers Coomsey

R.I.P. David Jones 1951-2019 David was a haulier and accomplished mechanic for over 50 years who lived and breathed Fodens, sadly gone. His funeral is at Taxal Church, Whaley Bridge SK23 7DY on Wednesday 18th December at 13-15 and afterwards at Whaley Bowling Club.

JAMESWILSON:
01 R.I.P. David Jones 1951-2019 David was a haulier and accomplished mechanic for over 50 years who lived and breathed Fodens, sadly gone. His funeral is at Taxal Church, Whaley Bridge SK23 7DY on Wednesday 18th December at 13-15 and afterwards at Whaley Bowling Club.

RIP david , what a shock , I knew him all his working life as a top rate mechanic and driver and his father before him . We had many laughs especially arguing if he or my son had the whitest hair . Far too young to be leaving us . condolences to his family . Dave

Just noticed 100 pages :smiley:

rigsby:

JAMESWILSON:
01 R.I.P. David Jones 1951-2019 David was a haulier and accomplished mechanic for over 50 years who lived and breathed Fodens, sadly gone. His funeral is at Taxal Church, Whaley Bridge SK23 7DY on Wednesday 18th December at 13-15 and afterwards at Whaley Bowling Club.

RIP david , what a shock , I knew him all his working life as a top rate mechanic and driver and his father before him . We had many laughs especially arguing if he or my son had the whitest hair . Far too young to be leaving us . condolences to his family . Dave

Sorry to hear this.

RIP Dave knew him well from my years hauling stone for Allinson’s , great guy .

Great stuff there Dan, Thanks for posting them, Regards Larry.