Peak District.

Retired Old ■■■■:
It’s a poor job when folks move all the way to the Isle of Man just to avoid taking their turn at buying the breakfast. And I notice young Dan has taken to running around the Swiss mountains after I almost caught him in Macclesfield a few weeks ago. Perhaps he thinks I’m so senile that I’ll forget what that abomination of a rattly old Foden looks like if he keeps out of the way for a while.
Meanwhile, I believe that Rigsby is keeping his head down until after Brexit in the hope that the Peak “foreign currency” will not be accepted as legal tender after down here after it all happens.
I’m thinking of taking a few pals for a jaunt in the hope of cornering that Webb chappie for a breakfast or two next Spring, I have made tentative plans for the last week in May and the first week in June as I’ve heard there may be some sort of entertainment on hand for those two weeks, We plan to slip in “under the wire” by way of a small fishing boat to Ramsey harbour with a cargo of a few motorcycles to assist in paying for the fuel.
Anyone care to join us?

:smiley:
Morning ROF.
Yes,it’s called the TT and everyone is welcome,including Cheshireites exiled from Gloucestershire. If you do try to avoid border control on arrival in Manx waters beware of our Customs and Excise and Fisheries Protection vessel “Barrule” that will ■■■■■■ you to Ramsey where the Isle of Man Police will then ■■■■■■ to you to the Jurby Hotel.
However if you manage to slip through you will be pleased to know that we take anybody’s money,unlike the UK that will not accept Manx currency,even though it’s got Liz’s portrait on it.
Not sure about Peak District currency though,if you bring Dave Rigsby you may have to pay for all his snap and ale …………………… :grimacing:
I’m looking forward to seeing you,keep me informed of your intentions.
Lomas Distribution have been known to come over here,perhaps you could sneak into the island via one of them. :smiley:

lomas.jpg

Apologies if this has been posted before,it’s not my photo,but Broxburn Haulage was also known as Sloans,from Edinburgh and loaded limestone powder for Dumfries and also down to Purfleet out of Peak District.I’ve heard all sorts of tales about them regarding 25 hour days etc but take it with a pinch of salt. :smiley:

broxburn.jpg

Chris Webb:

Retired Old ■■■■:
It’s a poor job when folks move all the way to the Isle of Man just to avoid taking their turn at buying the breakfast. And I notice young Dan has taken to running around the Swiss mountains after I almost caught him in Macclesfield a few weeks ago. Perhaps he thinks I’m so senile that I’ll forget what that abomination of a rattly old Foden looks like if he keeps out of the way for a while.
Meanwhile, I believe that Rigsby is keeping his head down until after Brexit in the hope that the Peak “foreign currency” will not be accepted as legal tender after down here after it all happens.
I’m thinking of taking a few pals for a jaunt in the hope of cornering that Webb chappie for a breakfast or two next Spring, I have made tentative plans for the last week in May and the first week in June as I’ve heard there may be some sort of entertainment on hand for those two weeks, We plan to slip in “under the wire” by way of a small fishing boat to Ramsey harbour with a cargo of a few motorcycles to assist in paying for the fuel.
Anyone care to join us?

:smiley:
Morning ROF.
Yes,it’s called the TT and everyone is welcome,including Cheshireites exiled from Gloucestershire. If you do try to avoid border control on arrival in Manx waters beware of our Customs and Excise and Fisheries Protection vessel “Barrule” that will ■■■■■■ you to Ramsey where the Isle of Man Police will then ■■■■■■ to you to the Jurby Hotel.
However if you manage to slip through you will be pleased to know that we take anybody’s money,unlike the UK that will not accept Manx currency,even though it’s got Liz’s portrait on it.
Not sure about Peak District currency though,if you bring Dave Rigsby you may have to pay for all his snap and ale …………………… :grimacing:
I’m looking forward to seeing you,keep me informed of your intentions.
Lomas Distribution have been known to come over here,perhaps you could sneak into the island via one of them. :smiley:

No chance of me gracing your shores Chris , I get seasick watching the tide come in , however ROF has no need to relax as there is a visit in the planning for October in Macc . He’s kept it quiet but another Trucknet member has clued me up , I’ve even got a rise in me spends in anticipation .

There’s an idea, Chris- one of my mates drive part time for Lomas so I dare say he would let me shuck down in his tank for the trip. However, you can rest assured that I won’t need to spend much of my English pension as I plan to scrounge all my spends off those miserly individuals who so far have not fulfilled their obligations under the Breakfast Club rules.

P.S. What is this “T.T.” that you mention? Some exhibition of Tractors and Trailers, perhaps?

There’s an idea, Chris- one of my mates drive part time for Lomas so I dare say he would let me shuck down in his tank for the trip. However, you can rest assured that I won’t need to spend much of my English pension as I plan to scrounge all my spends off those miserly individuals who so far have not fulfilled their obligations under the Breakfast Club rules.

P.S. What is this “T.T.” that you mention? Some exhibition of Tractors and Trailers, perhaps?

You can ignore the double post if you like!

Retired Old ■■■■:
You can ignore the double post if you like!

Both of them? :wink: Sloans/Broxburne used to come into Ballidon many years ago, one of their drivers lived locally to the quarry. They did have a bit of a ‘reputation’ though! :laughing:

No chance of me going to the Isle of Man either, when I got of that ship which my screen name is taken from back in 1951 I have stayed well away from the high seas! :slight_smile:

Pete.

Retired Old ■■■■:

Miserly be buggered ROF , my definitive appointment with the cancer man is 3rd October , if that is a good result the grub’s on me no problem .

Just been sent this,has it been on before?

Punchy Dan:

Moose:
Some top pics!
Got any more mark Cottam, barkers ended up with a 4x2 ec 11 was a good truck!

Dectez is sitting on the best ones !

We need Dec to get scanning then pal :smiley: Did Nige ever get you any others?

BonkeyDollocks:
Here’s a couple for my mate ‘thelongdrag’. Middle Peak quarry from the good old days of ‘73 and an overview of the quarry.

Sorry about the crease but still working on pictures before I snuff it

Tony

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
A familiar scene windrush ? Also there’s plenty along the A65 and up round helwith bridge too . :smiley:

Pinched your dads old ■■■■■■■■■■■■ for a bit of foraging have we Dan? :laughing:

Pete.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Punchy Dan:

A Renault? is this the end of civilisation as we know it.?

pyewacket947v:

Punchy Dan:

Not for me ! You should know the quarry though :wink:

Not the dreaded diamond of doom how about sheldons?

phop:
Not the dreaded diamond of doom how about sheldons?

It would of been Tarmac if or when John last went in .

Punchy Dan:

pyewacket947v:

Punchy Dan:

Not for me ! You should know the quarry though :wink:

Its not Ashwood Dale is it?