Peak District.

pete smith:

Punchy Dan:
Hiya Pete ,both olympics were new to jack Richards ,they both ended up at Kay’s in Derby iirc ,euro axles stretched them both ,bowmans had 308 and built the body when Seth had it after I fitted the first crane on it and it pulled a drag ,309 went to Worsop transport and had a curtainsider on for pet food work ,the flat body on it now came of a courtenhams ecx ,309 is for sale now ,N509TUJ came from beeches new to bill baker at Prees I think he traded as FMC ■■? My dad bought it after they replaced it with an fl10 as no one could drive the twin splitter ,it had only done 200’000 ks I think and it was £2,500 at 6 yrs old he ran it 3 yrs and sold it for £2,600 :smiley:

Hi Dan,
Cheers for the info on Seths, the Gaffers EC was new to F.W.Cartwright at Prees, he has since sold up and retired I believe, Pete

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

windrush:
You mentioned Keith Abson at Matlock transport Mike, his dad and (briefly) his brother Clive both worked at Ballidon and his stepdaughters were until recently my wife’s carers! Never certain what Abson seniors name was really, we called him Cyril, his step grandaughters called him Toby and others called him Clifford! :confused: He was a very steady driver and treated the tackle well, he could get years out of a set of brake linings! Fomerly with Charlie Websters before he came to Tilcon, now long deceased sadly.

Pete.

Hello Pete. I worked at Websters in 65 for about a year and thats when I got to know Cyril,nice fella and an excellent driver his son Keith likewise. Tom Webster thought a lot of him. I can’t remember for certain but think he had a tanker along with Frank Fletcher another steady driver. I was on the E.F.Beatties coal job along with Dennis Bond. Names are interesting. I’ve been called some in the past :smiley: .
Here’s a pic in August 1973 myself and Tony Fox had just started as ODs looks a bit different in Cawder now. (I know how you like a Tarmac pic.Pete) :frowning: :smiley: Mike.

thelongdrag:
Hello Pete. I worked at Websters in 65 for about a year and thats when I got to know Cyril,nice fella and an excellent driver his son Keith likewise. Tom Webster thought a lot of him. I can’t remember for certain but think he had a tanker along with Frank Fletcher another steady driver. I was on the E.F.Beatties coal job along with Dennis Bond. Names are interesting. I’ve been called some in the past :smiley: .
Here’s a pic in August 1973 myself and Tony Fox had just started as ODs looks a bit different in Cawder now. (I know how you like a Tarmac pic.Pete) :frowning: :smiley: Mike.

Mike, I remember Cyril telling me that he had a long wheelbase Commer tipper at Websters and Len Thacker at Ballidon (shovel driver) placed the first bucket load right on the rear end and the cab was airborne!! He drove tanks at Websters as well, Scammells with the gate change 'box. He had S50 half cab tanker when he started at Ballidon, NRB 174J, and finished with a Haulmaster. Dennis Bond got through some work, another grand bloke though and thankfully still around. I have been with Tony Fox today exhibiting stationary engines at Cromford Wharf, he does wood turning on a engine driven lathe and we are back there again tomorrow. Oh and I REALLY do love blooming Tar*ac pics! :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink:

Pete.

Pete ,if any of your club wish to purchase a proper stationary engine I’ve taken the Wisconsin V4 petrol ( electric start and dog clutch ) off my saw bench ,it was believed to have powered a water pump in longcliffe quarry ,it’s about a 1964 ?

Punchy Dan:
Pete ,if any of your club wish to purchase a proper stationary engine I’ve taken the Wisconsin V4 petrol ( electric start and dog clutch ) off my saw bench ,it was believed to have powered a water pump in longcliffe quarry ,it’s about a 1964 ?

Nice engines Dan, there are a few on the rally ‘circuit’ removed from Massey balers but they are seldom run because of their thirst! However we have some farmers in the club who may well want it to do a job of work. I will ask around, maybe mention it on one of the forums for any interest, have you a price in mind? Pm me if you wish, I haven’t seen one for sale for many years so have no idea what they fetch.

Pete.

image.pnganother cracking video by Dave Spencer :smiley:

image.pngold man windrush will be excited :blush:

Excited Dan, with a photo of one of ‘Dinky’ Dales Fodens, I don’t think so lad! :laughing: They were around me all day long! Now one of me WOULD be interesting, although one of my old trucks has appeared on facebook. !! :wink: That looks like the one that ‘Rench’ (Gordon Ollorenshaw from Darley hillside) drove with the Gardner turbo engine, not a very clear photo really, but he spent about 20 years running solely to Hulland Ward with it so I don’t know where that video was filmed?

Pete.

windrush:
Excited Dan, with a photo of one of ‘Dinky’ Dales Fodens, I don’t think so lad! :laughing: They were around me all day long! Now one of me WOULD be interesting, although one of my old trucks has appeared on facebook. !! :wink: That looks like the one that ‘Rench’ (Gordon Ollorenshaw from Darley hillside) drove with the Gardner turbo engine, not a very clear photo really, but he spent about 20 years running solely to Hulland Ward with it so I don’t know where that video was filmed?

Pete.

its a video on youtube Pete, they would have to speed it right up fast to see if you were moving or not :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
its a video on youtube Pete, they would have to speed it right up fast to see if you were moving or not :laughing:

Probably so with that ■■■■■■■ engined thing limited to 52 mph I had to drive later, with the Rollers they wouldn’t have had time to focus on me WOOOOOSH and I would be gone! :laughing:

Pete.

Dan, the Foden is a credit to you. Not only does it look the business, its so versatile. A real nice set up that should keep you busy and profitable.

Paul

Cheers ,it’s certainly versatile :laughing:

Very tidy Alpha 1,cracking motor.Is it rear lift and steer or just lift?

[attachment=0]IMG-20171119-WA0003.jpg[/attachment]

railstaff:
Very tidy Alpha 1,cracking motor.Is it rear lift and steer or just lift?

Thankyou ,it’s not a steer sadly just a lift .

longpod:
[attachment=0]IMG-20171119-WA0003.jpg[/attachment]

Why are you hiding the Reno in the corner :open_mouth: