PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

nilocekyd:
“DEANB”

I am glad you menioned Clapcott as i have been sat on this Scammell Trunker for a while as i could not remember
the company name ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Hi Dean, thank you, I do drop in from time to time to check on things, thank you for still keeping this thread going.

unfortunately the Scammell is not a Clapcott motor. :frowning:

Not sure who’s though, Maybe Crow Carrying or Thomas Allen?

regards
Colin

Would have put money on that being one of there’s Colin. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Kempston:
Anyone know where the John Brash motor is from ■■

John Brash are from Gainsborough in Lincolnshire Dean. They used to run a few artics with really strange trailers iirc.

Thanks Kempston,good stuff. :wink:

Heres one for you tipper boys. Did they catch on ■■ I know a local haulier who had one but cant say i remember seeing
many of them. :unamused:

Click on pages twice to read.

Hi Dean, The Scania is " Bringing home the bacon ". Its an expression that we say up here,
I wonder is it said elsewhere ? :slight_smile: Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Danepak.JPG

Those Multidrives were brilliant on muckshifting, Kettles from The Potteries had some with AWD and Leyland units when we were running to the A50 Meir to ‘D Road’ contract and they would go anywhere. Far too heavy for general tipper work though.

Pete.

DEANB:
B H Freight Renault.

Anyone recognise the Volvo ■■

Danepak Scania.

R.L.Edmunds tipper. Anyone know where they are from ■■

T.D.Williams trailer,not sure about the unit ■■
Looks like an x- macburnie motor ,i don’t recognise the reg though so must have been re registered

Anyone recognise the Scania from Cornwall ■■
Scania Was new to Widowsons

Dont think we have had a Bull motor on before,anyone know where they are from ■■
I think Bull are from Monmouth .

John Brash joined forces with JME transport Manchester & the Brash livery has since disappeared.

Mccadam Scania.

Downton Volvo.

smallcoal:
iveco are celebrating 25 years of the seddon Atkinson by displaying the a badge on the trucks,also has anyone heard of this company there’s an obituary to the owner

Its not to clear but could the name be Matthew Cornish ?

DEANB:

240 Gardner:
The Bibby-liveried motors were actually on contract from an old established outfit from Bootle, Gilbert Lawrenson. They were still running those Mk.1s in the late 1980s when I was working in Liverpool. I think they wrapped up not much after that, and Abbey Road Tanks took on the Bibby contract.

The first one, with Hopkins from Evercreech, was new to the famous fleet of Gibb’s of Fraserburgh

To be fair it was a joint effort as i said to Mr Gee we would be in trouble if we got it wrong !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Chris, what was the difference between the Black Knight and the Gold Knight ■■ :unamused:

It depended on the application - you have it there on the brochure covers actually: Black Knight for flats and tankers and Gold Knight for tippers and mixers. Different wheelbases and rear overhangs, basically. However… they later described Gold Knight as being for tippers and tankers :unamused: :unamused:

Either way, it was a rigid chassis, 2, 3 or 4 axle with a Mk.1 and then Mk.2 cab from 1964 through to late 1970, when the new range was announced at the Earls Court Show.

DEANB:
“240 Gardner” Chris you mentioned Gibbs from Fraserburgh. There is some stuff about them on page 421.

Heres a bit more,they liked there Atkinson’s.

Thanks for all those, Dean - I do remember the article on p.421. I’d never seen it in the magazine, so I saw it here first :slight_smile:

Despite the description in the article, it’s a Silver Knight, not a Borderer :wink:

Atkinson Borderer SVA Gibbs SVA640M Riverside Frank Hilton 24042015 227 by frank hilton, on Flickr

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, The Scania is " Bringing home the bacon ". Its an expression that we say up here,
I wonder is it said elsewhere ? :slight_smile: Cheers, Ray Smyth.

I have certainly heard the expression Ray. :smiley:

Heres an earlier one.

danish b.PNG

windrush:
Those Multidrives were brilliant on muckshifting, Kettles from The Potteries had some with AWD and Leyland units when we were running to the A50 Meir to ‘D Road’ contract and they would go anywhere. Far too heavy for general tipper work though.

Pete.

That explains why i never saw many if they were heavy then Pete. :smiley: Do they still make them ?

Heres an AWD one. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

Advert.

roadcruiser:
“DEANB”

T.D.Williams trailer,not sure about the unit ■■
Looks like an x- macburnie motor ,i don’t recognise the reg though so must have been re registered

Anyone recognise the Scania from Cornwall ■■
Scania Was new to Widowsons

Dont think we have had a Bull motor on before,anyone know where they are from ■■
I think Bull are from Monmouth .

John Brash joined forces with JME transport Manchester & the Brash livery has since disappeared.

Thanks for all the information “roadcruiser” good stuff chap. :smiley: :wink: Did you drive for Widowsons out of inrest ?

roadcruiser:
“smallcoal” iveco are celebrating 25 years of the seddon Atkinson by displaying the a badge on the trucks,also has anyone heard of this company there’s an obituary to the owner

Its not to clear but could the name be Matthew Cornish ?

Thanks for the possible name. :wink:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”

Chris, what was the difference between the Black Knight and the Gold Knight ■■ :unamused:

It depended on the application - you have it there on the brochure covers actually: Black Knight for flats and tankers and Gold Knight for tippers and mixers. Different wheelbases and rear overhangs, basically. However… they later described Gold Knight as being for tippers and tankers :unamused: :unamused:

Either way, it was a rigid chassis, 2, 3 or 4 axle with a Mk.1 and then Mk.2 cab from 1964 through to late 1970, when the new range was announced at the Earls Court Show.

I did read the front covers but thought there was bit more to it than just wheelbases Chris. :unamused: :smiley: :wink:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB” Chris you mentioned Gibbs from Fraserburgh. There is some stuff about them on page 421.

Heres a bit more,they liked there Atkinson’s.

Thanks for all those, Dean - I do remember the article on p.421. I’d never seen it in the magazine, so I saw it here first :slight_smile:

Despite the description in the article, it’s a Silver Knight, not a Borderer :wink:

Nice pic Chris. :wink:

Anyone recognise the Mercedes ?

P2160125p.JPG

Cheddar Valley Gazette Magnum.

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■

Balfour Beatty Iveco.

Anyone recognise the MAN ■■

Geest DAF.

2006_10280536p.JPG

Looks like it says Hoo Hing on the trailer ?

Viridor Volvo.

CPL Petroleum DAF tanker.

“steam” Think you said you drive for F.W.Eaton’s.

DEANB:
I did read the front covers but thought there was bit more to it than just wheelbases Chris. :unamused: :smiley: :wink:

There might be a bit more to it than than, such as flitching and so on, but I’m not sure, honestly.

240 Gardner:

DEANB:

There might be a bit more to it than than, such as flitching and so on, but I’m not sure, honestly.

:wink:

Kempston:

kmills:

I’m pretty sure these were from Milton Keynes, and were involved in magazine distribution - but I could be wrong.

Cheers, Keith

I don’t know them from MK but agree with you on the magazine stuff, I’m 99% sure they were from Hemel Hempstead, probably did a lot of work for the Daily Mirror out of Watford.

they had a yard in Bond Avenue Milton Keynes many years back, and it was magazine distribution, RPL had their yard after they moved out to Dunstable I thought it was.

DEANB:

Amazing as it may seem, Hoo Hing are in the same yard I just mentioned above that Mortimers and RPL had previously been using.
Hoo Hing deliver ingredients to chinese takeaways

Suttle Stone Quarries from Worth Matravers and also have a place in Poole.

J.H.Willis MAN milk tanker.

Jenkinson Scania. Posted a brochure about them on page 293.

Stobart Volvo.

Malcome Purcell who i assume is an owner driver for Ennstone ■■

McCarthy DAF.

Gerry Jones MAN.

Dont remember having a C.L.Jeffs motor on before,anyone know anything about them ■■

Dont think we have had a Flintshire Transport motor on before,anyone know anything ■■

One from your way Trevor,S.M.Davies Scania.

DEANB:

pv83:
Zurel had some D-series indeed Dean, with interesting sleeper conversion :wink:

I knew they had them chap,thanks for popping them on ! :smiley: :wink:

A high roof version? :open_mouth: Fancy! :laughing:

Hello Dean, …the old man enjoyed those Atkinson clippings …that Bass 4 wheeler example were very unusual …the only 4 wheeler he can remember down this way was a couple with Fred Jones …who were based on the old Kings dock Swansea …many thanks…lol …Geraint

tc trans:
“kmills”

I’m pretty sure these were from Milton Keynes, and were involved in magazine distribution - but I could be wrong.

Cheers, Keith

I don’t know them from MK but agree with you on the magazine stuff, I’m 99% sure they were from Hemel Hempstead, probably did a lot of work for the Daily Mirror out of Watford

they had a yard in Bond Avenue Milton Keynes many years back, and it was magazine distribution, RPL had their yard after they moved out to Dunstable I thought it was.

tc trans:
“DEANB”

Amazing as it may seem, Hoo Hing are in the same yard I just mentioned above that Mortimers and RPL had previously been using.
Hoo Hing deliver ingredients to chinese takeaways

Thanks for the comments “tc trans” :smiley: :wink: Like you say what a coincidence about Hoo Hing’s yard.

Heres another.

pv83:
“DEANB” Zurel had some D-series indeed Dean, with interesting sleeper conversion :wink:

I knew they had them chap,thanks for popping them on ! :smiley: :wink:

A high roof version? :open_mouth: Fancy! :laughing:

Thats the posh version,early globetrotter !! :laughing: :wink:

kenfig bill:
Hello Dean, …the old man enjoyed those Atkinson clippings …that Bass 4 wheeler example were very unusual …the only 4 wheeler he can remember down this way was a couple with Fred Jones …who were based on the old Kings dock Swansea …many thanks…lol …Geraint

Thanks for the comments “kenfig bill” ,like you say not so many 4 wheelers about. Fred Jones is not ringing a bell. :wink:

Talking about the surname “Jones” ,this one may bring back some memories. :wink:

Bought the pic as part of a collection,D.Austin Jones from Swansea.

atkinson106 D.AustinJones w p.jpg

One for Dean, as I know he has a soft spot for 'em! :wink:

DSCF5369p.JPG

G’day all, I think that’s an ex- McBurney Daf XF, they were from somewhere around Oxford, I can’t remember where exactly- always looked very tidy.

Cheers, Keith