PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

ramone:

DEANB:
Some pics.

I find looking at some of the old cars and vans etc intresting and brings back alot of memories from
the 1970s.

ACL Seddon Atkinson.

Lancaster Bros cattle box F86 Volvo.

General foods F86

Dowty DAF 2800

C.F.Abraham Seddon

Bowies tidy ERF

Foden’s own low loader from Sandbach.

Ready mix concrete Albion.

Styles ERF .Is that trailer a blower ■■? Cant see a tipping ram unless its one of those strange ones
where the rams were underneath the body ■■

Anyone recognise the Volvo F86 tanker.

The F86 tanker looks a bit like a Smith and Robinson motor , same colour anyway

L P G Batley, logo on door a bit vague.

DEANB:

tonyj105:

DEANB:
Atkins at Poole docks.

Atkins Cherbourg.

bet this one’s in there somewhere, ONU489J.

Nice pic Tony ! :wink: :smiley:

Bewick:

DEANB:
Burnholme transport from Penrith. Looked a tidy outfit.

Burnholme were mainly involved in hauling steel for BSC but they had a reputation for breaking down regularly which earned them not undeserved such nicknames as " Hard Shoulder haulage" and “Fawlty Towers” another “crack” over the CB during their time was “Which one of you has the tools” and the shot of that F86 is quite clearly taken when it is parked on the hard shoulder ! many of their F86’s were bought directly off my old long gone pal Harry Fearon ( H. & M E Fearon) and they were well worked by Harry as he ran quite an intensive double shift system running containers to and from Ectona Fibres in W. ■■■■■■■ to the Container ports such as Immingham. I recall having a disagreement with a retired Burnholme driver ( actually the father-in-law of one of my ex drivers) on an earlier post a while ago, he was defending the reputation that Burnholme had and I told him it was no way to operate and we couldn’t have got away with unreliable service such as that so it was nothing to be proud of and he didn’t like my comments one bit ! Cheers Bewick.

Your not trying to upset me Dennis are you ! :unamused: :wink:

Bewick:

moomooland:

240 Gardner:
An Atki line-up that Tom Riding would approve of!

He sure would Chris :smiley:
0Click on picture for wide screen view.

Brings a tear to the eye that shot, we’ll never see the like of that again ! Tom was surely a “Giant” among hauliers of his generation ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

:unamused:

bob-lad:
hello dean many thanks to you paul and mark you made my day with the bowies erf kma 640l with jimmy Stockton at the wheel this motor was bought from Gordon plants auction along with sister 639 this was the first motor to have the 18 inch section welded at the front and a b series cab fitted that I picked up from cab services , bowies were one of the first in the area to operate tautliners first from cartwrights then boalloy cheers rob

Glad you like the pics Rob if you have any pop them on ! :wink: :smiley:

Just a bit of background info Dean as there is usually a tale to be told recalling times past ! Cheers Dennis.

DEANB:
Heres a nice shot for you Paul ! :wink: :smiley:

The aec is rossers pontlliw ,his wagons were all old aec he would scrap one if it died then use the parts of it his drivers had to be in trostre by 3am in the morning to be first loaded at 6 for Swansea docks they were brothers cheers John

Rossers pontlliw ,entress and a bsc, keep up the good work dean cheers John

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Some illtyd Thomas

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A few for the Welsh chaps on here !

Andrew Jones Foden looks like shes had a hard life !!

Gascoyne Trading very tidy Foden from Carnarvon.

G.K.N. South Wales AEC

One for “BonkeyDollocks”

“Coomsey” a Foden tipper !

“Stanfield” An ICI tanker for you John ! :wink:

2017-06-25 18.14.11.jpg

“smallcoal” How about a nice F89 of Wynns John ! :wink:

One for “240 Gardner”

DEANB:
One for “240 Gardner”

Thats a great photo “DEANB” And a very good sheeting & roping job too, I wonder if it started out as an short wheel base tipper then converted into this fine looking tractor unit, Regards Larry.

Great update again…

Sis this one of them there Foden Atkinsons :open_mouth: :wink:

image.jpeg

Originally MVD 432L was a W & J Riding Atkinson Borderer 4X2 tractor unit.

Photograph courtesy of Geoff Milne.
Click HERE for the complete in-depth history of MVD 432L

moomooland:
0Originally MVD 432L was a W & J Riding Atkinson Borderer 4X2 tractor unit.
1 Photograph courtesy of Geoff Milne.
Click HERE for the complete in-depth history of MVD 432L

Is that a Gardner badge on the Killingbeck photo ?

Whether you like the M20 truck photos on ebay website or not, I will say this for it: it has a fantastic variety of pics on it and the selection changes every week. This week has a particularly rich crop of golden oldies. Here’s a photo reminding of those moments when you had to get your hands dirty! Robert

8_58.jpg

lespullan:

ramone:

DEANB:
Some pics.

I find looking at some of the old cars and vans etc intresting and brings back alot of memories from
the 1970s.

ACL Seddon Atkinson.

Lancaster Bros cattle box F86 Volvo.

General foods F86

Dowty DAF 2800

C.F.Abraham Seddon

Bowies tidy ERF

Foden’s own low loader from Sandbach.

Ready mix concrete Albion.

Styles ERF .Is that trailer a blower ■■? Cant see a tipping ram unless its one of those strange ones
where the rams were underneath the body ■■

Anyone recognise the Volvo F86 tanker.

The F86 tanker looks a bit like a Smith and Robinson motor , same colour anyway

L P G Batley, logo on door a bit vague.

I forgot about them Les , its a good job you`re here to keep me on the straight and narrow :wink:

ramone:
Is that a Gardner badge on the Killingbeck photo ?

John Killingbeck replaced the ■■■■■■■ engine with an uprated Gardner 180 which enabled him to get it plated at 32 tons.

After the rebuild the former Atkinson Borderer 4x2 was called an ‘Atkinson Buccaneer’, the name being chosen by life long Atkinson fan the late Michael Deuchars of Edinburgh who sadly passed away on the 17th of July 2013.

If you click HERE you can read the complete in-depth history of MVD 432L.

DEANB:
“Coomsey” a Foden tipper !

Cheers Dean ,a minky. Bet the loading shovel drivers would dodge that trailer give half a chance though, they’d be no rust on the drivers shovel I’m sure