PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

moomooland:

DEANB:
Paul, the picture of the white ERF’s i found on the net and it said “ridings new lorries 1992” ■■ I assume
they were referring to W & J Riding.

0Three brand new ‘E’ Series ERF E12TX Perkins engined 4X2 chassis cabs are seen here after delivery direct from the ERF factory at Sandbach to W & J Riding’s Longridge depot.

These were part of the largest order ever placed by the company and are pictured here on the 31st of October 1992 shortly before having their 5th wheel coupling assembly, mudguards and rear lights fitted in W & J Riding’s own workshops.

Tom Riding who took the photograph recalls…
“I always thought that any new vehicle joining our fleet was lucky i.e. it would be worked hard but maintained to a very high standard also i find it difficult to accept that the ERF company is no longer with us”.

This last sentence on this post as stated by Tom reflects exactly my philosophy at Bewick Transport and in the current BS jargon of to-day I suppose you would call it our “mission statement” :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Peter Roff F12.jpg

I would say that is Peter Roffs f12. :wink:

Brilliant thread this Dean.

Bob, isn’t that peter driving ?

5thwheel:
Scania 110 looks to be French,left ■■■■■■ and driver has his Mrs on board,or perhaps someone else’s Mrs!!!

David

Hello David, He certainly is giving it large going round there,maybe he was on a promise !! Looks Dutch
to me ■■ :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Limey:

BonkeyDollocks:
Ooof … smashing links Deano old chap. :sunglasses:

Here’s the nearest to it that I have just showing the cab taken in Buxton 1974. Driver must have gone for a newspaper and 20 Woodbines.

That’s a different vehicle, look at the sign writing on the door. I would guess
that it’s LRC 55K, a drop sided six wheel tipper driven by the late Chris Holt. Chris
lived on Bath Road, just down from where the vehicle is
parked and unlike fathers artic he would just about have fitted it in that space.

:unamused: :laughing:

scania81:

DEANB:
W.E.Massey ERF

R Hassett Mercedes.

Thorn Lighting DAF

Taylor’s MAN

Sparrows crane.

Anyone recognise the Atkinson ■■ “The Roamer V” ■■

Wisbeth roadways Buffalo.

Direct ERF

Richmond road garage F86

K & L Haulage ERF

Stand corrected but the daf F2200 is a western brs Cardiff or Merthyr contract motor to Thorn Lighting.
Lots of units were added to the various western depots that year with the MTC , R plate.111,s Daf,s and Erf.
Brill photo of the syms motor,they done loads of work out of british gypsum east leake.
Dai

Thanks for your comments Dai ! :wink:

Dieseldog66:

oiltreader:
Midlands BRS Dean, 5 Allegros(awful) and 2 Minis, winners in many ways and BMW at Cowley have kept the brand going, not quite as mini but still in big demand. Got a feeling that BigJ unit may have been orginally of the Latham’s fleet and prior to change of livery and rebranding to Cartranport BRS.
Oily

Nothing to do with Midland BRS, and the rebranding to Cartransport BRS came in 1968 a good 10 years before this, My Brother had the Sister one to this 908, they bought about 15 after the take over of Lathams and for some reason they all got painted Lathams Blue, all I can say is the must have had a lot of paint left over at Lathams.

Thanks for your input Dieseldog66" :wink: :smiley:

logger:

HRS:

logger:

DEANB:
One for Bubbs !

Western transport.

Great to see pictures of western transport lorries my stepfather was a driver in those days , eventually became transport manager .
Great memories of school holidays going with him in AEC Mandators to start with then the 110 scania’ s
like the one in the photo

Hi Logger,
One of my first jobs as a new salesman with Unit Commercials was to deliver the new 110’s to Western tramsport on a beaver tail low loader, always late evening, Two at a time ( when they finished for the day) and chaining the Mandators on for the run back to Salisbury, always wet and windy. Can you imagine a truck salesman doing that to day ? but a good grounding.
Then of course I had to sell them but as i started driving in them I had not real problems. Western transport was a good company to deal with, Harvey

Hi Harvey
Great to hear your memory’s of delivering new trucks to Western Transport times have definitely changed !
Guess at the time they were probably one of unit commercials biggest customers having a large number of 110’s and a few 80’s can remember the first 110 they had which was H Reg 1969/70 ?
Years ahead of the AEC mandators they replaced , no comparison but they did still buy some mandators until production stopped in about 1978

Thanks for your comments “logger” :wink:

Bewick:

moomooland:

DEANB:
Paul, the picture of the white ERF’s i found on the net and it said “ridings new lorries 1992” ■■ I assume
they were referring to W & J Riding.

0Three brand new ‘E’ Series ERF E12TX Perkins engined 4X2 chassis cabs are seen here after delivery direct from the ERF factory at Sandbach to W & J Riding’s Longridge depot.

These were part of the largest order ever placed by the company and are pictured here on the 31st of October 1992 shortly before having their 5th wheel coupling assembly, mudguards and rear lights fitted in W & J Riding’s own workshops.

Tom Riding who took the photograph recalls…
“I always thought that any new vehicle joining our fleet was lucky i.e. it would be worked hard but maintained to a very high standard also i find it difficult to accept that the ERF company is no longer with us”.

This last sentence on this post as stated by Tom reflects exactly my philosophy at Bewick Transport and in the current BS jargon of to-day I suppose you would call it our “mission statement” :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Cheers Dennis ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

bobw:

I would say that is Peter Roffs f12. :wink:

Brilliant thread this Dean.

Cheers Bob, could be mate might have been doing some traction work. Glad you are enjoying
Paul and Mark’s pics !! :wink: :laughing:

tvdriver:
Bob, isn’t that peter driving ?

:open_mouth: :unamused: :smiley: :wink:

Some pics.

Anyone recognise the Marathon ■■?

2017-07-17 20.57.05.jpg

H.J.Cutler from Poole mercedes.

2017-07-17 20.58.51.jpg

Ridham Borderer.

2017-07-17 21.00.34.jpg

Dont think we have had many Dodge artics.

2017-07-17 21.02.08.jpg

Wynns mighty Scammell contractor.

paulgee scammell contractor.jpg

Reeve transport MAN

2017-07-19 07.53.03.jpg

Air products F88

IMG_1435.JPG

A.Pimlott ERF bulker.

2017-07-19 08.22.29.jpg

British salt ERF. If the truck stopped quick i reckon that van would have issues !!! :unamused:

YMA 765Ja.jpg

D.E.Appleton ERF bulker.

DE APPLETONc.jpg

DE APPLETONc.jpg
DE APPLETONb.jpg

14th of September 1989.
D E Appleton (Haulage) of Formby, Lanes was said to have failed to keep its vehicles in a fit and serviceable condition, when North Western Deputy Licensing Authority Kenneth Birchall revoked the company’s licence for 30 vehicles and 26 trailers.
On the 22nd of October 1991 they received an order of court to wind up.

Read the full article HERE

YMA 765Ja.jpgYMA 765J was saved from the blow torch and was restored.
It had it’s tank removed was fitted with a flat body and can still be seen at various rallies today…

YMA 765J.jpg

I seem to recall something about the rear suspension on the above lorry , perhaps it’s on Norde rubber from a later model ?

YMA was bought from British Salt by Gordon Stead who ran out of there as a flat right up into the late 1980’s when legislation banned foodstuffs being carried on flats. His usual run was Buxton to Middlewich and load for Birds eye at Grimsby then back home to Buxton. He used to joke that he didn’t have a tachograph but used a calendar instead.

Punchy Dan:
I seem to recall something about the rear suspension on the above lorry , perhaps it’s on Norde rubber from a later model ?

You could be right there Dan, G/Bs did alter their Fodens IIRC, This S 39 defo looks the Biz, I used to load back from them regular in the 60s, A great firm to deal with IMOO, They had a lot of loads out of the Steel Works at Gorsinon Excuse my spelling Ive been on the whiskeys tonight, Ive had a long day thinking about what Im going to do tommorow, Well all I want to do is wake up feeling like waking up the next day for some more Malts, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Larry.

Limey:
YMA was bought from British Salt by Gordon Stead who ran out of there as a flat right up into the late 1980’s when legislation banned foodstuffs being carried on flats. His usual run was Buxton to Middlewich and load for Birds eye at Grimsby then back home to Buxton. He used to joke that he didn’t have a tachograph but used a calendar instead.

Photograph courtesy of Dave Fawcett.

moomooland:
12014th of September 1989.
D E Appleton (Haulage) of Formby, Lanes was said to have failed to keep its vehicles in a fit and serviceable condition, when North Western Deputy Licensing Authority Kenneth Birchall revoked the company’s licence for 30 vehicles and 26 trailers.
On the 22nd of October 1991 they received an order of court to wind up.

Read the full article HERE

Thanks Paul, for posting that bit from commercial motor. Looks can be decieving,as the motors in the photos
all look very tidy and you would think they were a good company ! :unamused: :wink:

moomooland:
1YMA 765J was saved from the blow torch and was restored.
It had it’s tank removed was fitted with a flat body and can still be seen at various rallies today…

Nice pic again Paul !! :smiley: Nice to see a truck restored ! :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

:smiley:

Limey:

No tacho,no limiter happy days “Limey” :wink:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Punchy Dan:

You could be right there Dan, G/Bs did alter their Fodens IIRC, This S 39 defo looks the Biz, I used to load back from them regular in the 60s, A great firm to deal with IMOO, They had a lot of loads out of the Steel Works at Gorsinon Excuse my spelling Ive been on the whiskeys tonight, Ive had a long day thinking about what Im going to do tommorow, Well all I want to do is wake up feeling like waking up the next day for some more Malts, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Larry.

Thanks for your comments Larry ! Do you have shares in Glenfiddich whiskey ■■? :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

moomooland:

Limey:

0Photograph courtesy of Dave Fawcett.

Another great pic Paul ! :wink: :laughing:

Heres a nice shot for you Paul ! :wink: :smiley:

paulgeeriding1 posted.jpg

Some pics.

Volvo F88 of Brown Bros.

2017-07-19 17.18.23.jpg

Old ERF

HDJ.jpg

Dawson ERF

2017-07-19 08.31.09.jpg

Army Foden

2017-07-19 17.11.06.jpg

Lunts transport smart Foden

2017-07-19 17.13.22.jpg

Anyone recognise the logo on ERF door ■■?

DMA.jpg

Leyland Mastiff of E.Dawson.

Mastiff.jpg

Anyone recognise the AEC ■■?

2017-07-19 17.20.19.jpg

Webshaw Volvo F10

2017-07-19 17.22.38.jpg

Eaton brick Seddon Atkinson.

2017-07-19 17.26.41.jpg

The AEC Mandator Mk.V looks like Rosser of Pontwilrys (apologies to the Welshmen if I have spelt it incorrectly)

DEANB:
Heres a nice shot for you Paul ! :wink: :smiley:

Don’t know how you do it Dean thanks for the cracking Riding shot will add details later.

DMA.jpgERF B Series six wheeler DMA 217S, powered by a Gardner 180, was registered new in April 1978.
Pictured below when brand new during an ERF promo shot.

gingerfold:
The AEC Mandator Mk.V looks like Rosser of Pontwilrys (apologies to the Welshmen if I have spelt it incorrectly)

Far too tidy for Rosser’s!
Under this morning’s influence of sobriety I think it’s probably spelt, “Pontlliw”. :wink:

I have an idea that the little ERF dropsider could have been run by British Rayophane ( Sidac) who had a factory in St Helens as it has a local reg no. Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:
I have an idea that the little ERF dropsider could have been run by British Rayophane who had a factory in St Helens as it has a local reg no. Cheers Bewick.

HDJ.jpgHDJ 534D is another old girl saved from the blow torch. :smiley:

Photograph courtesy of John Gibbs.

Mastiff.jpgThose Mastiff’s were horrible things, thought you could only buy them secondhand never realised you could buy a new one! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: