PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Dean B
Hi, re: the P&O photos the guy driving the Marathon could well be Gary Ferguson ,but I could be mistaken.
Gary and his brother Rodney both drove for Coastal Roadways in Pyle. Rodney lived in Leominster and iirc Gary lived in Tenbury Wells.
The photo of the black & white A series with a styrene tank behind it is identical to one I had new when I worked there. ‘RRT 834M’ . Thanks for bringing back some good memories.
Regards, Allan

Dean B
Hi, re: the P&O photos the guy driving the Marathon could well be Gary Ferguson ,but I could be mistaken.
Gary and his brother Rodney both drove for Coastal Roadways in Pyle. Rodney lived in Leominster and iirc Gary lived in Tenbury Wells.
The photo of the black & white A series with a styrene tank behind it is identical to one I had new when I worked there. ‘RRT 834M’ . Thanks for bringing back some good memories.
Regards, Allan

moomooland:

pete smith:
Morning Paul,
A fitting tribute, I for one miss Tom’s detailed account of all the vehicles he ran, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for that Pete.
Fortunately i have inherited all of Tom’s fleet and service records and have been gradually adding all the details of the vehicles he ran on to the Riding’s website which now contains almost 2000 images, each one with detailed text.

Tom was a true Gentleman in life and I’m sure he will be just as welcome " up theer" amongst his many long gone Pals ! RIP Old Pal , Dennis.
PS Great to hear that you have taken up where the Great Man left off Paul so I will look forward to future hours of browsing the W & J R site Cheers again Dennis.

Splendid collection of P&O stuff, thank you Dean!

One or two to add for you, starting with a feature in IFW to mark the 10th anniversary in 1985:

Postcard produced after winning the Comical Motor livery competition in 1978:

1975 advert:

vwvanman0:
The blue daf looks to be ex tyson h burridge from Dissington ■■■■■■■■ pulling a boughey distribution (Wardle) trailer.

Steve

Well done Steve,i recognised the trailer but buggered if i could remember the name ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

jshepguis:
Dean
Arla foods are probably the biggest supplier of milk in the UK the head office is in Leeds. They were originally Express Dairies but merged around 1980 with a Swedish / Danish cooperative. Will have depots all around the country and think they have a big dairyat in Aylesbury.

Cheers for the info chap,learn something every day ! :smiley:

boardo96:
E F Wotton & Son were from Ravensden ,Bedford. Packed it all in about 7 or 8 years ago now. A friend of mine bought 1 one of their old units just like this 1 in the picture and I bought a trailer just the same.

Thanks for the info Nigel. :wink:

colinwallace1:
Hi Dean ,not NZ. Melbourne.

Looks tidy Colin,more pics please ! :smiley: What engine has that got ■■■■■■■ ■■ I never knew you moved to Aus. :laughing:

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.
Great photos of the Coastal Roadways tankers,they were based at Pyle and I would say they all worked out of BP Chemicals Baglan Bay,usually on Styrene and Vinyl Acetate. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comments Chris. :wink:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
Stafford bye Products are based in Shrewsbury, they collect all the waste from butcher shops etc and it goes in to the manufacture of pet food. I’m sure they used to be based at Stanmore ind est Bridgnorth years ago, Cheer’s Pete

Good stuff Pete. :smiley:

Ray Smyth:
“DEANB” We have had alot of trucks from the massive P&O Group,Ferrymasters etc.

Hi Dean, Thank you again for your efforts of posting the pictures. On picture 6, there is a Remploy Ford D Series lorry and drawbar
trailer lurking in the background, and on picture 8, the P & O Scammell is coupled to a Nacanco trailer. Nacanco had a big factory
at Skelmersdale, beside the M58 Motorway, they produced cans for the food and drinks industry. Cheers, Ray.

Thanks for the info Ray,good stuff chap. :smiley: :wink:

moomooland:
In memory of my dear friend Tom Riding who sadly passed away a year ago today on the 6th of July

He was definately held in high regard Paul when you read the comments about him. Like Pete i use to particularly like the way he knew the
price he paid and sold trucks for.

riding bulk.PNG.jpg

Click on pages twice to read.

Mrsteel:
Dean B
Regards, Allan

Glad you enjoyed that Allan,sounds like it brought back some good memories ! :smiley:

240 Gardner:
Splendid collection of P&O stuff, thank you Dean!

One or two to add for you, starting with a feature in IFW to mark the 10th anniversary in 1985:

Postcard produced after winning the Comical Motor livery competition in 1978:

Thought you would like that Chris,they all look very familiar chap apart from the top one ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

1975 pandoro ppg.PNG

jshepguis:
Dean
Arla foods are probably the biggest supplier of milk in the UK the head office is in Leeds. They were originally Express Dairies but merged around 1980 with a Swedish / Danish cooperative. Will have depots all around the country and think they have a big dairyat in Aylesbury.

Hmmmm… Express Dairy or Associated Dairies? I thought it was Assoc Dairies - weren’t Express headquartered in London?

DEANB:
Thought you would like that Chris,they all look very familiar chap apart from the top one ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

One or two more from my old computer, which you may not have seen!!

Scans from an early company brochure:

And a slightly later one:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:

And some of my own photos:

Pandorowithskellysmall.jpg

240 Gardner:

DEANB:

One or two more from my old computer, which you may not have seen!!

Scans from an early company brochure:

Nice pic’s Chris,like the old Atkinson’s. :smiley: :wink:

Heres one that you and Allan may enjoy. :wink:

Robert Armstrong.

DEANB:

240 Gardner:
Heres one that you and Allan may enjoy. :wink:

Thank you :slight_smile:

DEANB:

Thank you - so do I! :laughing:

JRN 38H with 2610 (2).jpg

JRN Southport 1982.jpg

LCK 480N b.jpg

And a cheeky brand new Marathon, looking after it till the driver came back, 1977 :laughing:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”

Thank you - so do I! :laughing:

And a cheeky brand new Marathon, looking after it till the driver came back, 1977 :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Heres some cracking looking Atkinsons from 1956 !

DEANB:
Heres some cracking looking Atkinsons from 1956 !

A jolly fine selection, thank you!

J.O.Treasure ERF tanker.

Anyone recognise where the pic was taken. Assume its a lorry park somewhere ■■

A couple of Atkinson’s.

Charles Eady F88.

Dont remember having a Camlachie Transport motor on before ? Anyone know where they were from ? Think the pic was
taken in Southampton ?

Dawson Freight Volvo.

Wareham Transport ERF bulker seen at Poole docks.

Cowie rental Transcon,think it says Sunderland on the door.

Roadline Leyland Buffalo seen here leaving Poole heading towards Wimborne.

Name not very clear,looks like Bennick Jones Distribution ■■?

Could the park be at Bristol?
Canon park or Marsh park or something?
I seem to remember backing up to a wall like that, long time ago think I was even on a trip with my mate pre 79 before I started driving myself…

ERF-NGC-European:

colinwallace1:
Hi Dean ,not NZ. Melbourne.0

Hello Colin! Hope you’re keeping safe out there! R

Morning Robert, we’re in WA’s mid west region. Very few cases in WA and none up here i don’t think, so probably one of the best places to avoid Covid.
WA’s borders are still closed off to the rest of Australia. Any cases seem to be returning travellers.

Victoria isn’t doing so well, back in lockdown by all accounts. Moved from there 18 months ago, so feel the pain for all my friends back there. As i do for you all in the UK, so difficult to contain with that density of population, and those that don’t seem to follow the advice given.

Still really like to look in most days on here, and appreciate all the effort you all put in.

I’d better go take the dogs for there walk(looking impatient).

Keep safe Robert, and everyone on T/N. Talk soon. Colin.

Hiya Dean, We lived in Melbourne for 10 years before moving to WA about 18 months ago.
The K200 has a ■■■■■■■■ but the FH16 is all Volvo. Some early FH’s had ■■■■■■■■

DeltaPak had 1 600bhp and 1 700bhp. I think in Europe they would be 650 + 750?

When i started work in Melbourne 2009 it was in this 1995 KW. Noisy but very reliable considering it’s age. It’s still on the road actually.

Love your work Dean. Stay safe. Colin.

ps I see there is a Camlachie in Glasgow , and the MAN looks like it may have a Scottish registration. Someone will know for sure.

Hi Dean,
Cracking Atki adverts, I spy a Craddock Brothers probably loading at Imperial Smelting Corporation in Bloxwich and an Allports from Sutton Coldfield, they are still trading on Fradley nr Lichfield as a Renault dealership, previously a Commer/Dodge dealer in Sutton town centre and had Weaver Transport as part of the group.

Mrsteel:
Dean B
Regards, Allan

Allan,I loaded out of Baglan loads of time when working for A E Evans in the 70s,mostly toluene and styrene.What was the name of the loader ■■■ supervisor always on days,was it George? I remember a stocky feller called Dai as well,always asking for a cleaning out ticket. :smiley:

evans156.jpg