PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

MANTRONIC:
“DEANB”

Mansell Davies Volvo.Hey Dean ,as usual thanx for MD ,saw one heading north through Builth Wells this morning ,they must be a favorite of Pauls as well . MT

Thanks “MT”. I have always liked M Davies colour scheme and i liked the way they kept there old F7’s,F10’s going for years.
I wonder if there are many of there old motors abandonded in their yard ? :unamused: :wink:

5thwheel:
“DEANB”

Dont remember having a Turnwill motor on before,anyone know where they are from ■■?

Turnwill were from Telford area Dean.

David

Good stuff David, thanks for the info. :wink:

Hi Dean
Very nice F7 of Drinkwater Sabey
Im sad to post of the passing of Colin Drinkwater who was a Director of both Drinkwater and Drinkwater Sabey. A real gentleman, he will be missed.
Keep safe all

finbarot:
Hi Dean
Very nice F7 of Drinkwater Sabey
Im sad to post of the passing of Colin Drinkwater who was a Director of both Drinkwater and Drinkwater Sabey. A real gentleman, he will be missed.
Keep safe all

Sorry to hear that, RIP Colin.

This may intrest you “finbarot”. Dempster dumpmaster from 1964.

Click on pages twice to read.

foden dempster dumpmaster 64.jpg

Thanks Dean
Funnily enough Colin was driving that Foden S20 Dumpmaster when the photo was taken.He used it as a demonstrator for prospective customers.It had a two stroke originally but the heads kept cracking so it was replaced for a Gardner.It was eventually sold to Ahern in East London .My mate Stuart Aherns dad Pat used to drive it.

DEANB:

graham-A:
Walton Transport is from Kilkenny Ireland

Thanks Graham. :wink: I was thinking of Thorburns they were black and from Liverpool way. Not sure if they are still going ?

Hi Dean
Wally Thorburn packed up about 10 years ago fell foul of the TC so they put an end to it all, he had some smart kit though, unfortunately He was a bit of a rogue

Hoyer Scania tanker.

McCarthy DAF.

Gro Continental MAN.

Dont think we had a F.Levick motor on before,anyone know anything about them ?

Ed Weetman Merc bulker.

Langdon Volvo fridge.

Think it says RHP Transport on the ERF ■■

KTH Group Volvo tipper.

Westfield Scania from Cornwall.

Guardian Removals DAF pantecnicon.

Dean
One of my favourites of yours from P28

Foden of Drinkwater’s. Not sure where it was taken again possibly Southampton ■■

Thought Id start again in case I had missed anything, which I had

Hi all F Levick are from somewhere near Gainsborough think they did molasses or something like that as far as I know are still trading may be running Renault s

Morning Dean,
The ERF is one of RHP from Telford, packed up around a year ago I think as a bus company occupies their depot now,

finbarot:
Thanks Dean
Funnily enough Colin was driving that Foden S20 Dumpmaster when the photo was taken.He used it as a demonstrator for prospective customers.It had a two stroke originally but the heads kept cracking so it was replaced for a Gardner.It was eventually sold to Ahern in East London .My mate Stuart Aherns dad Pat used to drive it.

Sounds like the pic brought back some good memories chap. :wink:

robthedog:
“DEANB”

I was thinking of Thorburns they were black and from Liverpool way. Not sure if they are still going ?

Hi Dean
Wally Thorburn packed up about 10 years ago fell foul of the TC so they put an end to it all, he had some smart kit though, unfortunately He was a bit of a rogue

“bit of a rouge” :laughing: :wink:

finbarot:
Dean
One of my favourites of yours from P28

Foden of Drinkwater’s. Not sure where it was taken again possibly Southampton ■■

Thought Id start again in case I had missed anything, which I had

Paul took a good shot of a proper working truck. :wink:

2017-06-07 15.49.04.jpg

Hargreaves:
Hi all F Levick are from somewhere near Gainsborough think they did molasses or something like that as far as I know are still trading may be running Renault s

Thanks for the info Hargreaves. :wink:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
The ERF is one of RHP from Telford, packed up around a year ago I think as a bus company occupies their depot now,

Thanks for the info Pete ! :wink: Shame to hear another company has gone !

Threw in the towel July 2018 :frowning: all credit to scp for the photo at Strensham Services.
Oily

oiltreader:
Threw in the towel July 2018 :frowning: all credit to scp for the photo at Strensham Services.
Oily

Nice pic chap. :wink:

A popular 8 wheeler back in the 1970’s was the Magirus Deutz who battled it out with Volvo for the number 1 spot wih regard to sales
for foreign manufacturer’s. Infact even beating them for several years. The other main foreign importers for the 8 wheeler were Man,Mercedes and DAF.

The biggest selling 8 wheelers from the UK manufacturers were the Scammell Routeman,Atkinson,Leyland,Foden,ERF,AEC and Seddon Atkinson
etc in no particular order. I am sure i have read that the Routeman was the largest selling 8 wheeler tipper in the early 70’s.

Magirus Deutz were particlarly popular with the muck away and tipper companies.

A02065.JPG

A02387.JPG

A03553p.JPG

A03577p.JPG

A03640p.JPG

A04852p.JPG

A00119.JPG

A00432.JPG

Magirus Deutz 8 wheelers.

Click on pages twice to read.

1974 Clipping.

Road test from 1977.

Dundenes.

Click on pages once/twice.

maggie dundenes ppg.PNG

Some adverts.

Various companies.

Click on twice.

maggie telehoist ppg.PNG

maggie n&r ppg.PNG

maggie jr young tyne wear ppg p ne.PNG

maggie mcgovern ppg.PNG

maggie hoveringham ppg.PNG

maggie allinson ppg.PNG

maggie ht hughes ports ppg.PNG

maggie fleetway ppg.PNG

maggie as harrison ppg.PNG

maggie hansons ppg.PNG

DEANB:

MANTRONIC:
“DEANB”

Mansell Davies Volvo.Hey Dean ,as usual thanx for MD ,saw one heading north through Builth Wells this morning ,they must be a favorite of Pauls as well . MT

Thanks “MT”. I have always liked M Davies colour scheme and i liked the way they kept there old F7’s,F10’s going for years.
I wonder if there are many of there old motors abandonded in their yard ? :unamused: :wink:

Hey Dean ,years a go he had a big yard full of old motors ,but have not been past their recently,MT

DEANB:
A popular 8 wheeler back in the 1970’s was the Magirus Deutz who battled it out with Volvo for the number 1 spot wih regard to sales
for foreign manufacturer’s. Infact even beating them for several years. The other main foreign importers for the 8 wheeler were Man,Mercedes and DAF.

The biggest selling 8 wheelers from the UK manufacturers were the Scammell Routeman,Atkinson,Leyland,Foden,ERF,AEC and Seddon Atkinson
etc in no particular order. I am sure i have read that the Routeman was the largest selling 8 wheeler tipper in the early 70’s.

Magirus Deutz were particlarly popular with the muck away and tipper companies.

Hi Dean ,C M Phillpots from Kington Hereford ,they had a couple of them ,a big user in south Wales G D J Price (Derek Price) from Nash Newport ,i think you may have featured them .
KTH tipper hire from Hereford in the previous set ,and as usual Dean great shots ,regards Keith

Hi dean,Paul and mark ,taken at Bridgwater today