PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Charles Russell Scania.

P4220030p.JPG

These 2 beauties were at Gaydon taken in 2018.

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Mercedes ■■

Auto DAF car transporter.

Charles Russell Scania.

Nuttall Scania.

Comet Volvo.

Christian Salvesen DAF.

Anyone recognise the DAF overtaking the DAF of South Staffs Freight.

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■

P.Proudlove & Son DAF.

R.Swain & Sons DAF.

The Scania is Debach Enterprises from Ipswich.

That’s a surprise! Didn’t know Jamesons ran a 5MW-cabbed ERF! :sunglasses: Ro

L6684p.JPG

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Mercedes ■■

Auto DAF car transporter.

Charles Russell Scania.

Nuttall Scania.

Comet Volvo.

Christian Salvesen DAF.

Anyone recognise the DAF overtaking the DAF of South Staffs Freight.

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■

P.Proudlove & Son DAF.

R.Swain & Sons DAF.

Hello DEAN ,Proudloves are from Malpas nr Whichurch ,but just over the border in Cheshire ,they are do a lot of livestock work ,and used to have Dodges .Thank you for the Bellis MAN that is what they mostly run now ,thank you Trevor

ERF-NGC-European:

Often seen in Manchester SoM(unless there was more than one owned by Jameson’s),the Manchester warehouse was used by Jameson’s for their groupage with their Kangaroo trailers to principally Italy.

David

L6606p.JPG

Moore’s from Ashby Leicestershire Dean,ERF would have been an oddosity, mostly Akkies,. Tippers n flats, run a lot out of British Gypsum. Long gone,as usual,an housing estate cheers Coomsey

Moore’s have gone but I was pleased to see that Wainwrights from Ashby are still going. I think they ran some out of Cloud Hill when I carted from there in the early 2000’s.

Pete.

windrush:
Moore’s have gone but I was pleased to see that Wainwrights from Ashby are still going. I think they ran some out of Cloud Hill when I carted from there in the early 2000’s.

Pete.

Yes Pete,saw a Man artic of theirs, in Ennstone colours, the other day

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
I’m sure the Atki is one of Mervyn Appleby’s, Cheer’s Pete

looks like hednesford goo.gl/maps/XLqpkb5TKTUC6GDV9

windrush:
Foden S36 cabbed tipper is F.N Salisbury’s from Bottom House near Leek. A collector of Fodens, his lad John still has some and keeps the Foden records I believe.

Pete.

I dont know how you knew Pete,but you did well to spot that one ! :smiley:

JAKEY:
eh up Dean , i like that early t45 rental BRS wagon ,lovely working truck shot .

:smiley: :wink:

jshepguis:
Charles Russell Scania.

Thanks for the pic “jshepguis” .He certainly has tidy motors. :wink:
Heres a few more of that Scania.

P4220029p.JPG

P4220034p.JPG

P4220036p.JPG

Suedehead:
“DEANB”

Anyone recognise the Scania ?

The Scania is Debach Enterprises from Ipswich.

Thanks for the name chap, heres a newer one ! :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:

Thought you might like that one chap. :wink:

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

P.Proudlove & Son DAF.

Hello DEAN ,Proudloves are from Malpas nr Whichurch ,but just over the border in Cheshire ,they are do a lot of livestock work ,and used to have Dodges .Thank you for the Bellis MAN that is what they mostly run now ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info on Proudloves Trevor. :wink:

Heres another one.

5thwheel:
“ERF-NGC-European” That’s a surprise! Didn’t know Jamesons ran a 5MW-cabbed ERF! :sunglasses: Ro

Often seen in Manchester SoM(unless there was more than one owned by Jameson’s),the Manchester warehouse was used by Jameson’s for their groupage with their Kangaroo trailers to principally Italy.
David

Thanks for the comment David. :wink:

coomsey:
Moore’s from Ashby Leicestershire Dean,ERF would have been an oddosity, mostly Akkies,. Tippers n flats, run a lot out of British Gypsum. Long gone,as usual,an housing estate cheers Coomsey

Good stuff “coomsey” ,thanks for the pics chap. :smiley: :wink:

curnock:
“pete smith” Morning Dean,

Well done chap, i reckon you are spot on ! :smiley:

Now chaps someone on here must know about Swains of Stretton ■■? I posted a pic on the last page and i am fairly positive
they stopped trading for a while as i dont remember seeing there trucks. I can remember seeing Steve Swains trucks around
and assumed he was possiby a relative, as his trucks were similar. However Paul has took a couple of pics over the last 2 years
that have Swains of Stretton on them ■■? So does anyone know if they did stop for a while and then re start up ■■ I seem to
remember Swains was operated by Glyn Swain who i believe has passed away.

Hello DEAN ,yes Steve Swain is a family relative ,and has kept the name . they are based at Pontesbury on the A488 ,10 miles out side Shrewsbury on the Bishops Castle road ,he does mostly container work ,but have also seen them taking timber into Kronospan at Chirk ,and he also has a couple of scania 8 tippers ,thank you Trevor

curnock:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,

I thought so too but couldn’t be 100% certain as it’s almost twenty years since I passed that way. That junction could be quite a bottleneck before the rise up past the large church on the left and the right hand junction down to Cannock, we used it regularly when delivering stone and tarmac to the toll road and also the opencast site at Bleak House long before that.

Pete.

DEANB:

[/quote]
Don’t forget the boat.I wonder if they’d kept the original engines in it.But probably replaced with soul less modern diesels.

Well done chap, i reckon you are spot on
Dean if he got any sharper he’d cut hiself ! :smiley:

Now chaps someone on here must know about Swains of Stretton ■■? I posted a pic on the last page and i am fairly positive
they stopped trading for a while as i dont remember seeing there trucks. I can remember seeing Steve Swains trucks around
and assumed he was possiby a relative, as his trucks were similar. However Paul has took a couple of pics over the last 2 years
that have Swains of Stretton on them ■■? So does anyone know if they did stop for a while and then re start up ■■ I seem to
remember Swains was operated by Glyn Swain who i believe has passed away.
Morning Dean,
Glynn Swain is alive and kicking mate, he has got a nice collection of motors ranging from a Scania 141 to a Commer rigid, Cheer’s Pete

Hi dean ,Charles russell his yard is on coombe hill Cheltenham been in there a few times his stuff is kept undercover nothing parked in the open he got an old Scania in the yard immaculate condition :smiley:

smallcoal:
Hi dean ,Charles russell his yard is on coombe hill Cheltenham been in there a few times his stuff is kept undercover nothing parked in the open he got an old Scania in the yard immaculate condition :smiley:

Morning John,
Charles Russell has got a couple of nicely restored Scania’s, I believe he owned the one in the below pic before selling it back to its original owners, R.T Keedwell, once owned by me as you can just make out my name on the door! N.M.P

tastrucker:
Hello DEAN ,yes Steve Swain is a family relative ,and has kept the name . they are based at Pontesbury on the A488 ,10 miles out side Shrewsbury on the Bishops Castle road ,he does mostly container work ,but have also seen them taking timber into Kronospan at Chirk ,and he also has a couple of scania 8 tippers ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for confirming that Trevor,heres one of the Scania’s. :wink:

windrush:
“curnock”“pete smith” Morning Dean,
looks like hednesford

I thought so too but couldn’t be 100% certain as it’s almost twenty years since I passed that way. That junction could be quite a bottleneck before the rise up past the large church on the left and the right hand junction down to Cannock, we used it regularly when delivering stone and tarmac to the toll road and also the opencast site at Bleak House long before that.

Pete.

Thanks for the input Pete. :wink:

Carryfast:
“DEANB”

Don’t forget the boat.I wonder if they’d kept the original engines in it.But probably replaced with soul less modern diesels.

:smiley:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
Glynn Swain is alive and kicking mate, he has got a nice collection of motors ranging from a Scania 141 to a Commer rigid, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for confirming that Pete. :wink:

smallcoal:

Hello John, yes i did see his Scanias at Gaydon. His normal fleet is very impressive with some serious kit. :wink:

pete smith:
"smallcoal"Hi dean ,Charles russell his yard is on coombe hill Cheltenham been in there a few times his stuff is kept undercover nothing parked in the open he got an old Scania in the yard immaculate condition :smiley:
Morning John,
Charles Russell has got a couple of nicely restored Scania’s, I believe he owned the one in the below pic before selling it back to its original owners, R.T Keedwell, once owned by me as you can just make out my name on the door! N.M.P

Thanks for the pic Pete. :smiley:

Anyone recognise the ERF ?

BP ERF tanker.

Steetley Leyland.

Anyone recognise the Volvo F7.

Tarmac Leyland.

Marley Tiles Volvo F7.

L4364p.JPG

Molo Scania.

Lindley Volvo F88. Dont think we have had one of these on before,anyone know about them ■■

Blue Circle Cement Routeman.

Cant make the name out on the Transcon ■■

Philmac Foden.

Plevin Transport Leyland Buffalo. Anyone know anything about them ■■

C & M Transport DAF.

T.M.Fox DAF.

Kevin Cahill MAN.

Smarts Volvo.

R.N.Roberts & Sons Volvo.