PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Some odds and sods.

One for you South Wales chaps.

Two cracking F88’s of J & M Transport.

wales J & M tpt ppg psw.PNG

One from your part of the world Trevor.
Lloyds of Ludlow F88.

lloyds ludlow volvo.PNG

I am always intrested when delivering you come across a small tug/tractor or forklift that’s from the 50’s/60’s.
Its surprising how many are still about,not only in large factories but often in smaller companies. There are a
few dotted around Poole.

Heres a Mercury brochure.

Click on pages twice.

A company in Poole called Wessex Industries used to build them. (1958)

tug wessex 1958 ppg.PNG

A mighty Bedford going overland in 1976.

tyneside:
Hi Dean and thanks again for the postings. I can remember most of the featured companies. We were not involved too much in the flat / long distance scene. My Dad tended to concentrate on local tipper and livestock work and of course we also had the domestic solid fuel which kept about 10 / 15 men busy depending on the time of year.
As an addendum I would mention that my late sister worked in the Cawthorne Sinclair office at Birtley for some years.

Cheers Tyneside

Tyneside ,here’s a bit on Cawthorne Sinclair. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

2017-07-02 12.56.15.jpg

Well chaps it looks like winter is finally on its way,had 3 hard frosts here on the trot which is nice after 4 months of
rain.

I reckon those Scandinavian fellas know a thing or two about running in winter conditions. But someimes even they
have issues.

Click on pages twice.

Mansel Davies Volvo.

GEWS DAF.

David Howells Iveco.

Ellis Morgan Scania.

I assume this is the same company as the Scania above ■■?

NMP

removals ellis ppg.PNG

H.Morgan tidy Foden.

Penry Morgan Volvo. Dont remember having one of these on before,anyone know anything about them ■■

A.T.B.Davies DAF

Masons Removals DAF.

Chilton DAF.

P1130643p.JPG

Ralph Davies Scania 142.

Texaco ERF.

Toleman Iveco.

S.J.Keen Volvo F12. Think he was based in Poole.

ARC Volvo.

Think this was an owner driver from Poole,used to be in and out of the docks alot.

Crewlink Commercials DAF.

Dalgety Volvo. Does anyone know if they bought out RHM/Chrisopher Hill’s as they took over here mill in Poole.

British International Iveco. I remember seeing this companies trucks around years ago. What happened to them ■■?

L.Hunt & Sons Scania from Basingstoke.

Morning Dean,
Regarding Dalgety’s mill at Poole, I can remember tipping wheat there in 1990, M.Way had a big presence in there at that time as there was 2 or 3 of them tipping/reloading. Both times I had a wheel off the bridge whilst taring out, paid on the ton so every bit helps!

Some oldies.

Dean British International were based in Ashley Crescent, Sholing, Southampton in the same yard as Cabmont and before them Public Benefit Coal Co, PBC think they went bust but did mainly Portugal work, Buzzer.

PS. the yard now is used by a recycling company

DEANB:
Some odds and sods.

One for you South Wales chaps.

Two cracking F88’s of J & M Transport.

One from your part of the world Trevor.
Lloyds of Ludlow F88.

I am always intrested when delivering you come across a small tug/tractor or forklift that’s from the 50’s/60’s.
Its surprising how many are still about,not only in large factories but often in smaller companies. There are a
few dotted around Poole.

Heres a Mercury brochure.

Click on pages twice.

A company in Poole called Wessex Industries used to build them. (1958)

A mighty Bedford going overland in 1976.

Hello Dean ,…many thanks for another Howel Richards ERF …the old man says an additional thank you for the J&M Transport F88s …lol …Geraint