PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

There you go page 401 SA401
Cant imagine that would of got a space in Anderson’s Road somehow

moomooland:
1Knutsford Service area on the M6 in Cheshire the picture was taken from the A5033 Northwich Road bridge.

0Same location a few years ago when the road works were on it’s now four lanes.

Thats a good comparison Paul. :wink:

Cockney Pete3:
No Dean, im not a driver, cranes or wagons, just an overgrown truckmad kid.
Ive got a thread on here ‘Lovells wharf,’ thats where my interest in old wagons comes from.
Ive operated some big diggers and telehandlers in my time though

Ok Pete, will pop something on tomorrow for you. :wink:

coomsey:
Over a million views :open_mouth:

:wink:

Buzzer:
Interesting shot of one of Fluen’s transport on the bridge, got a feeling they were from Andover IIRC cheers Buzzer.

PS. thought you would have a picture of a SEDatki as you are on page 401.

Think you are right about Fluen’s coming from Andover Buzzer. :smiley: Why did you mention the 401 was going to post something else
but i suppose you are right ,never thought about it,being page 401. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

robthedog:
There you go page 401 SA401
Cant imagine that would of got a space in Anderson’s Road somehow

Thanks for the pic Rob. :wink:

Seddon Atkinson 401’s. Have posted a fair bit about them before but here’s some more.

A03668p.JPG

A04673p.JPG

A04665p.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Road test 1981.

Click on pages twice.

seddon atkinson 401 test7.jpg

Spec.

DEANB:

ergomatic man:
“DEANB”

Raleigh Leyland Buffalo.
looking at these pics notice how calm traffic was back then,lot better than todays rat race.

Indeed “ergomatic man” much better back then to drive. Awful these day.

These pics from the 1970’s show how much nicer it was to drive rather than today.

This is when trucks were trucks gear sticks not like today all automatic does your thinking for you ,like the shot of the services notice a Bedford Marsden filling up on the pumps :smiley:

smallcoal:
“ergomatic man”“DEANB”

Raleigh Leyland Buffalo.
looking at these pics notice how calm traffic was back then,lot better than todays rat race.

Indeed “ergomatic man” much better back then to drive. Awful these day.

These pics from the 1970’s show how much nicer it was to drive rather than today.

This is when trucks were trucks gear sticks not like today all automatic does your thinking for you ,like the shot of the services notice a Bedford Marsden filling up on the pumps :smiley:

Could not agree more John, those poxy auto gear boxes and stupid buzzers that go off in your ear when you go over the white line ! :imp: :wink:

Found a 401 brochure this morning.

Click on pages twice.

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

P5270034p.JPG

Walon Scania transporter.

P7080020p.JPG

Tarmac Volvo.

P8100053p.JPG

Gwynedd Shipping Volvo. Is that a MG sport car ■■

P8120110p.JPG

Cant make full name out on the Scania,something Davies ■■?

P8160158p.JPG

Looks like Evans Bros on the Volvo ■■

P8150080p.JPG

Anyone recognise the MAN,looks like a steel trailer ■■

P8150069p.JPG

Willmotts Scania.

P8160189p.JPG

W.F.Hall Mercedes.

P8160047p.JPG

WM Nicholls ERF.

P8160133p.JPG

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

Walon Scania transporter.

Tarmac Volvo.

Gwynedd Shipping Volvo. Is that a MG sport car ■■

A T B Davies from Carmarthen think does Lidl /Aldi work now and Rumenco animal feed yard next to Mansel Davies on Cillefwr Industrial Estate Carmarthen

Looks like Evans Bros on the Volvo ■■

Anyone recognise the MAN,looks like a steel trailer ■■

Willmotts Scania.

W.F.Hall Mercedes.

WM Nicholls ERF.

" Is that a MG sport car ■■"
Austin Healey Sprite, '64/65ish model, carted a few of them Dean.
Oily

The steel trailer is multi serv was Faber prest took over from merlins atb Davies bernie the old man still going here’s some of his trucks courtesy of Ron weatherell

9C64BE6F-966C-4D36-B38B-42D6B77B8B5B.jpeg

ianto:
“DEANB”

A T B Davies from Carmarthen think does Lidl /Aldi work now and Rumenco animal feed yard next to Mansel Davies on Cillefwr Industrial Estate Carmarthen

Thanks for the name and details Ian. :smiley:

oiltreader:
Oily

Thanks for confirming the make Oily. :wink:

smallcoal:
The steel trailer is multi serv was Faber prest took over from merlins atb Davies bernie the old man still going here’s some of his trucks courtesy of Ron weatherell

Thanks for the name of the steel haulier and the pics John. Nice colour scheme ! :smiley: :wink:

Bewick:
Happy New Year Chris ! Your right London Carriers were owned by Philips but I believe they did a certain amount of third party work for other customers. IIRC Philips had a factory in Burnley. Cheers Dennis.

Philips owned Mullards who were originally valve manufacturers. In the North West, they had plants in Burnley and two in Southport - one in Butts Lane, Blowick (which later became a bakery) near where I live and the other larger plant was in Balmoral Drive, Crossens, where two of my Grandparents worked. It was built next to the old Vulcan works and was a very large employer in the town.

Cockney Pete3:
No Dean, im not a driver, cranes or wagons, just an overgrown truckmad kid.
Ive got a thread on here ‘Lovells wharf,’ thats where my interest in old wagons comes from.
Ive operated some big diggers and telehandlers in my time though

Will have a look at your thread Pete. :wink:

Dont have much scanned for telehandlers or diggers chap.

Click on pages twice.

Old Manitou.

Here’ a few loading shovels/diggers.

A03486p.JPG

AA23.JPG

AU25.JPG

AU27.JPG

AU28.JPG

AU29.JPG

AT34.JPG

AW070113.JPG

BF0006.JPG

CM0012 fb.JPG

CZ0015.JPG

Caterpillar loading shovel brochure.

Click on pages twice.

oiltreader:
Oily

Don’t want to be pedantic, but I reckon that’s a 68/69 on a G.
I had an identical model on an H.

Nice pics Dean, as with everything the older stuff is always more interesting than the modern gear.

As for wagons, do you have any K transport services, Phil Jenkins, Fosters of Cannock? Im more interested in filling some gaps in my collection of Lovells hauliers.

marky:

Bewick:
Happy New Year Chris ! Your right London Carriers were owned by Philips but I believe they did a certain amount of third party work for other customers. IIRC Philips had a factory in Burnley. Cheers Dennis.

Philips owned Mullards who were originally valve manufacturers. In the North West, they had plants in Burnley and two in Southport - one in Butts Lane, Blowick (which later became a bakery) near where I live and the other larger plant was in Balmoral Drive, Crossens, where two of my Grandparents worked. It was built next to the old Vulcan works and was a very large employer in the town.

Thanks for your comments “marky” :wink:

robroy:

oiltreader:
Oily

Don’t want to be pedantic, but I reckon that’s a 68/69 on a G.
I had an identical model on an H.

:wink:

Cockney Pete3:
Nice pics Dean, as with everything the older stuff is always more interesting than the modern gear.

As for wagons, do you have any K transport services, Phil Jenkins, Fosters of Cannock? Im more interested in filling some gaps in my collection of Lovells hauliers.

I will have a look at your thread and have a word with Paul and see if we have anything Pete. :wink:

Any crane drivers on here… :unamused:

Dont know much about them so someone may knows the makes where you cant see a name ■■

P8050255p.JPG

DCP_0983.JPG

A02935.JPG

paulgee crane5 p.jpg

A02624.JPG

Arrow CH.JPG

A03903p.JPG

paulgee crane6.jpg

paulgee crane7.jpg

paulgee crane8.jpg

A00032.JPG

A00049.JPG