PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Foden looks like it could be ex EEC Quarries ?

Texaco Roadtrain.

Elliotts Foden.

Anyone recognise the Scania ?

Stokes Transport Maggie from Poole.

Bedford looks more like a support vehicle than a fire engine ■■

Anyone recognise the Volvo F86 ■■?

Anyone recognise the Bedford TM ■■ Think the pic was taken in Kent somewhere.

GTI Mercedes again i think its Kent.Had these on before but cant remember what the initials stand for ■■

Martins Transport DAF.

Photos taken on the M54.

Kevin Downes Volvo F10. Dont think we have had one on before,anyone know anything about them ?

Tarmac Seddon Atkinson.

Cawley Bros ERF bulker.

Anyone recognise the Scania brick truck ? Looks like half the trailer is missing ! :laughing:

Rea Valley DAF. Think it says Shrewsbury on the side ?

Dairy Products ERF.

Cant make the name out on the Scania ■■ Looks like the merc 814 removal truck is about to either over take him or hit him ! :unamused:

M.A.Evans Scania 143 bulker.

Goodman Croggon Volvo FL6. Not had one of these on before,anyone know anything ■■

L.E.Jones Scania 113 livestock outfit.

Thanks for your comments “windrush” . They never let you loose in that machine did they “coomsey” :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
As you can see in the photo Dean they wouldn’t even let me stand on it :unamused:

I seem to remember that years ago a lad who lived at Troway ran a White artic carting from RMC’s old tarmac plant at Wath on Dearne? When that plant closed he possibly ran from the one at Staveley, that has also long gone of course. :unamused:

Pete.

Dean you must have Brexit on the brain, think that Foden is ex ECC English China Clay not EEC :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: cheers Buzzer

L6511p.JPG

Dean still got to say thanks to you Paul and Mark for keeping us entertained with this cracking thread. Couple of things 2nd photo from the White Commander photo,s is actually a Mack.
Would also think the F86 is an ex Ferrymasters. The Scania is Groupvale transport from Middlesborough IIRC they came about after Les Harrimans stopped trading or became the new name for them.

L5782p.JPG

DEANB:
Anyone driven a White Road Commander 2 ? What were there good points and what were there bad points ■■

I apologise Dean but the second pic is aMack - I owned her for about 18 months - she was one of my first trucks

Goodman croggan were a hardware supplier based on Alma Street Smethwick don’t know if they’re still trading

DEANB:
Bedford looks more like a support vehicle than a fire engine ■■

Hose layer/salvage tender :wink:

Hi All
The TK is a HCB Angus Totton Hants built emergency tender I think this one was stationed at Canterbury
HCB originally stood for Hampsire Car Bodies

A mind of useless information

Cheers Rich

Hi all, i would think the yellow F86 was ex Ferrymaster looking at the color scheme. :sunglasses:

You asked who operated this Scania transporter…it was one of Sheertruck’s from Sheerness Kent. When i left school i worked for the firm who did their maintenance and repairs. They weren’t a big firm so it’s nice to see a photo of one of their trucks.

coomsey:

DEANB:

coomsey:
Terex R45 Dean. Bullet proof,we had 10ish on site about 20yr old doing 16hr shifts ,very rare they broke down.
Cheers Coomsey

“coomsey” you seemed to have driven a few dumpers etc seem to remember you drove a scraper as well.

Heres two more R45’s of Ambrose. (NMP)

Probably have some more stuff on those but not scanned chap so heres a bit about the Terex 33-07.

Click on pages twice.

33 11 85t not a bad drive, this one mine, fully automatic, the other 4were semi auto. Bit noisy courtesy of Detroit

youtu.be/3h8KvCKpqUY
Worth a listen! Not all day long for years on end mind :smiley:

moomooland:
Blue Dart Guy Big J seen here leaving Barrow in Furness.
Photograph courtesy of Byron Smith

Diesel Jack fueling up at Blue Darts Middleton depot near Manchester which opened in 1972.

A mixed bag of vehicles parked outside the garage at Blue Dart’s Middleton depot.

Hi Paul “moomooland”.
Just looking through some older post’s today on Deans page and came across this post of Blue Dart posted by yourself…The AEC box luton here was part of the Hughes Haulage fleet from Llanelli South Wales…my neighbour drove this vehicle for a couple of years it was a fixture in our street most weekends back in the 1970s…he went on to drive the artics for Hughes and then on to the Blue Dart artics when they took Hughes over…i remember the last tractor unit he had with Blue Dart was a Crusader.

Regards Mark

img473-001.jpg

An old friend of mine worked for Blue Dart, Chris Compson, He left them and worked for a few local firms in the the North East on tipper work for Geo Blackett, He Then went to work for Fergusons of Blyth shunting trailers at Blyth Harbour loading Reels of Paper Imported from abroad, For delivery all over the British Isles, He was was a good lad was Chris, Regards Larry.

DEANB:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Nicolas Packaging are from Kingswinford, Staff’s, they manufacture packaging trays for mushrooms mainly as well as other produce. I think this was the only Topliner they owned, driver was Keith, can’t for the life of me remember his surname! Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the info Pete on the Scania. :wink:

coomsey:
“DEANB”
Terex R45 Dean. Bullet proof,we had 10ish on site about 20yr old doing 16hr shifts ,very rare they broke down.
Cheers Coomsey

“coomsey” you seemed to have driven a few dumpers etc seem to remember you drove a scraper as well.

Probably have some more stuff on those but not scanned chap so heres a bit about the Terex 33-07.

33 11 85t not a bad drive, this one mine, fully automatic, the other 4were semi auto. Bit noisy courtesy of Detroit

:smiley: :wink:

coomsey:
For sure Pete about 5yrs until Dyggor Gaylord took the site over

There’s quite a few long time Shand men on here Pete. I’m the good looking one on the bottom row with the black t shirt. Cheers Coomsey

Thanks for your comments “windrush” . They never let you loose in that machine did they “coomsey” :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

HRS:
Thornycroft’s “Mighty Antar” which was first shown at the Earls Court Show in 1950. At its release it was Britain’s most powerful
vehicle with a 250 bhp Meteorite engine. Anyone drive one ■■

Morning Dean, yes, many years ago on an assesment, 1963, all I remember was the room in the cab and the 2 stick box, then the more managable Militant, AEC. still 2 sticks though.

Harvey ,your back ! :smiley: Glad someone drove the Antar,will do a bit on them soon. :wink:

MANTRONIC:
“robthedog”

Question for you Welsh boys are Smarts still operating haven’t seen any of theres for a long time I remember Gareth Smart had a very smart Red FH ]

Hey Dean ,yes Smarts still operating from Talachddu nr Brecon that pic of the FH was when they were doing containers out of Southampton,gave that up years ago with several motors based down their .
The red FH i think was driven by the bosses wife Anita with the wording on cab door -Never under estimate the strength of a woman - I last saw her on timber work
Thanx for those Kelvedon pics Dean this thread just goes like lightning ! The S W Roberts Volvo tanker is from Whitland see them most days on the Brecon bypass
And that Seddon of Pritchards another South Wales gem ! thanx again Dean ,MT

Good stuff “MT”. That explains why i used to see Smarts regularly then if they had some motors running out of Southampton. :smiley: :wink:

Heres another one of Smarts.

Heres another one of Kelvedon’s Crusader’s. Hey Dean ,thanx youre a star ! MT

marktaff:
Hi Paul “moomooland”.
Just looking through some older post’s today on Deans page and came across this post of Blue Dart posted by yourself…The AEC box luton here was part of the Hughes Haulage fleet from Llanelli South Wales…my neighbour drove this vehicle for a couple of years it was a fixture in our street most weekends back in the 1970s…he went on to drive the artics for Hughes and then on to the Blue Dart artics when they took Hughes over…i remember the last tractor unit he had with Blue Dart was a Crusader. Regards Mark

Hi Mark, Thanks for the info.

Regarding the Scammell Crusaders these two former Hughes motors had been shipped up from Llanelli to Middleton more than likely to get overhauled and repainted in Blue Dart livery.

Another ex Hughes Scammell Crusader Reg No KWN 234L.

As regards your neighbour’s 1970 registered AEC luton it is pictured here in the depot at Middleton towards the end of it’s days in 1978.

moomooland:

marktaff:
Hi Paul “moomooland”.
Just looking through some older post’s today on Deans page and came across this post of Blue Dart posted by yourself…The AEC box luton here was part of the Hughes Haulage fleet from Llanelli South Wales…my neighbour drove this vehicle for a couple of years it was a fixture in our street most weekends back in the 1970s…he went on to drive the artics for Hughes and then on to the Blue Dart artics when they took Hughes over…i remember the last tractor unit he had with Blue Dart was a Crusader. Regards Mark

Hi Mark, Thanks for the info.

Regarding the Scammell Crusaders these two former Hughes motors had been shipped up from Llanelli to Middleton more than likely to get overhauled and repainted in Blue Dart livery.

Another ex Hughes Scammell Crusader Reg No KWN 234L.

As regards your neighbour’s 1970 registered AEC luton it is pictured here in the depot at Middleton towards the end of it’s days in 1978.

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the reply…yes i also remember these two Crusader tractor units you have posted here…KWN was Swansea registered and UBX was West Wales registered…back in the Seventies Llanelli came under the West Wales registered BX…but all the Leyland AEC and Scammels trucks were all from Fletchers of Swansea.
My neighbour MAC drove this one here…but this one also turned up in Blue Dart colours to in the end.

Regards Mark

2jdm5wi.jpg

Morning Dean,
Goodman and Groggon manufactured or distributed farm fencing, they previously ran Bedford TL’s, Cheer’s Pete

DEANB:
Photos taken on the M54.

Kevin Downes Volvo F10. Dont think we have had one on before,anyone know anything about them ?

Tarmac Seddon Atkinson.

Cawley Bros ERF bulker.

Anyone recognise the Scania brick truck ? Looks like half the trailer is missing ! :laughing:

Rea Valley DAF. Think it says Shrewsbury on the side ?

Dairy Products ERF.

Cant make the name out on the Scania ■■ Looks like the merc 814 removal truck is about to either over take him or hit him ! :unamused:

M.A.Evans Scania 143 bulker.

Goodman Croggon Volvo FL6. Not had one of these on before,anyone know anything ■■

L.E.Jones Scania 113 livestock outfit.

hello DEAN ,the Scania brick truck more then likely is Stephen Woolley from Hadley Telford ,who did most of the work out of Blockleys at Hadley .His depot was the former Wrekin Roadways one at Ketley on the old A5 .
Rea valley meats are at Minsterley out of Shrewsbury on the A488 Bishpos Castle road ,that DAF may be one of Gary Hills ,who trades as Hills of Shrewsbury but based at Baschurch he does all their work ,thank you Trevor