PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Also done a lot of Chipboard for Homeworthy when at Fergusons Sunderland depot and we ran it down to Keighley too, over that bloody A59. I recall when at Van Hee, Tony Van Hee didn’t like us going that way, he said it was a dangerous awful road! Franky.

L5449p.JPG

A few more Dean

windrush:

HRS:
while the Swede would have long ago been recycled into a washing machine or similar! :wink:
“But” Pete, What a quality washing machine that would have made :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Harvey :laughing: :laughing:

Possibly, and so many of them as well? :unamused: They could then be delivered to the stores by 20+ year old Fodens ! :laughing:

Pete.

Peter,Peter, look at the number of Volvo’s V. Fodens, Volvo could never get Osmosis. :unamused: :unamused:

A00028.JPGR.Hanson of Wakefield bought the bulk powder tanker fleet of Sam Longson in the mid 1970’s

The fleet was renamed and re-branded in the same style as Hansons Wakefield operation but retained Sam Longson’s original cream and brown livery.

Hanson’s depot in Chapel-en-le-Frith in 1982.

Another shot of Hanson’s depot in Chapel-en-le-Frith taken in 1982.

Contrast in styles on the left Seddon Atkinson 401 Series Reg No VAK 149Y was new in May 1983 while the older model it replaced, Seddon Atkinson 400 Series Reg No TWB 816Y, was new eight months earlier in September 1982.

Seddon Atkinson 400 Series Reg No UNN 831S, new in September 1977, is seen here in 1982 after having a face-lift with it’s original corroded front grill replaced with a 401 type which many operators did at the time.

S21 Foden ‘Mickey Mouse’ recovery truck normally ran on trade plate No 845 NU.
Originally it was new to Sam Longson in July 1967 as a powder tanker and registered as SMU 499E.

Seddon Atkinson 401 demonstrator new in December 1982.

Suedehead:
“DEANB”

Immaculate Scania. Anyone recognise it ■■?

Cant make my mind up if the immaculate Scania is ex Ken Thomas or Sparks.
Looks like its on Oirish plates.

Hopefully someone may know for definate chap. :wink:

smallcoal:
Walters from pontlliw nr Pontardullias ,Cymru metal were from cross hands no longer with us

Thanks John,seem to remember they are a favourite of “MT’s” :smiley:

Carryfast:

DEANB:
Anyone remember the film “The Long Haul” starring Diana Dors.

A great advert for the go anywhere do anything good all rounder nature of an 8 wheeler.Di Dors fitting in well with that description too. :smiley: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

jshepguis:
Dean Harkers are from Sunderland , they used to do most of the traffic out of Homeworthy Furniture in Sunderland, hence the demountable bodies. When on traction for MAT used to deliver plenty of loads of MDF to factory.

Thanks for the info “jshepguis” :wink:

tyneside:
“jshepguis”]Dean Harkers are from Sunderland , they used to do most of the traffic out of Homeworthy Furniture in Sunderland, hence the demountable bodies. When on traction for MAT used to deliver plenty of loads of MDF to factory.

Harkers do a lot of house removals. I used them myself when I moved about 6 years ago. At the time I was told they were doing a fair amount for the MOD bringing servicemen households back from Germany.

Tyneside

Thanks for the comments Tyneside. :smiley:

Have to try and find some stuff for the North East as we struggle with that area. Unfortunately Paul or Mark never took pics in
that area. :wink:

Frankydobo:
Also done a lot of Chipboard for Homeworthy when at Fergusons Sunderland depot and we ran it down to Keighley too, over that bloody A59. I recall when at Van Hee, Tony Van Hee didn’t like us going that way, he said it was a dangerous awful road! Franky.

Thanks for your input “Frankydobo”. :smiley:

Heres a couple of Ferguson’s.

P8080062p.JPG

P7040019p.JPG

coomsey:
A few more Dean

Thanks for the pic “coomsey” :smiley:

HRS:

windrush:

HRS:
while the Swede would have long ago been recycled into a washing machine or similar! :wink:
“But” Pete, What a quality washing machine that would have made :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Harvey :laughing: :laughing:

Possibly, and so many of them as well? :unamused: They could then be delivered to the stores by 20+ year old Fodens ! :laughing:

Pete.

Peter,Peter, look at the number of Volvo’s V. Fodens, Volvo could never get Osmosis. :unamused: :unamused:

:laughing: :wink:

moomooland:
7R.Hanson of Wakefield bought the bulk powder tanker fleet of Sam Longson in the mid 1970’s

The fleet was renamed and re-branded in the same style as Hansons Wakefield operation but retained Sam Longson’s original cream and brown livery.

6Hanson’s depot in Chapel-en-le-Frith in 1982.
5Another shot of Hanson’s depot in Chapel-en-le-Frith taken in 1982.
3 Contrast in styles on the left Seddon Atkinson 401 Series Reg No VAK 149Y was new in May 1983 while the older model it replaced, Seddon Atkinson 400 Series Reg No TWB 816Y, was new eight months earlier in September 1982.
2Seddon Atkinson 400 Series Reg No UNN 831S, new in September 1977, is seen here in 1982 after having a face-lift with it’s original corroded front grill replaced with a 401 type which many operators did at the time.
1S21 Foden ‘Mickey Mouse’ recovery truck normally ran on trade plate No 845 NU.
Originally it was new to Sam Longson in July 1967 as a powder tanker and registered as SMU 499E.
0Seddon Atkinson 401 demonstrator new in December 1982.

Great post Paul, thanks for the info and pics chap ! :smiley: :wink:

Further to “moomooland” Pauls post. Heres a few more crackers we have had on here.

paulgee hansons.jpg

2017-06-07 17.44.41.jpg

2017-06-19 15.57.59.jpg

A03143p.JPG

A03154p.JPG

A04668p.JPG

I assume this one was under contract in a different colour scheme ■■

A03593p.JPG

The last pic is Hanson Wakefield who owned Sam Longson .

DEANB:

smallcoal:
Walters from pontlliw nr Pontardullias ,Cymru metal were from cross hands no longer with us

Thanks John,seem to remember they are a favourite of “MT’s” :smiley: Hey Dean ,yes they are ! Has Paul got shots of Kelvedon Transport from Newport ? they had German ERFs as well !! cheers Dean , MT

Carryfast:

DEANB:
Anyone remember the film “The Long Haul” starring Diana Dors.

A great advert for the go anywhere do anything good all rounder nature of an 8 wheeler.Di Dors fitting in well with that description too. :smiley: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

rigsby:
The last pic is Hanson Wakefield who owned Sam Longson .

:wink:

MANTRONIC:
"smallcoal "Walters from pontlliw nr Pontardullias ,Cymru metal were from cross hands no longer with us

Thanks John,seem to remember they are a favourite of “MT’s” :smiley: Hey Dean ,yes they are ! Has Paul got shots of Kelvedon Transport from Newport ? they had German ERFs as well !! cheers Dean , MT

I dont think you have been paying attention “MT”. You must try harder chap. :laughing: :wink:

paulgee kel2.jpg

paulgee kel1.jpg

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice.

Bedford 1961.

Leyland Group at the Scottish show 1969.

AEC sales 1965.

Never realised Scammell made so many trailers.

scammell trls 1963.PNG

Brochure.

Some Welsh and border motors.

Mansel Davies Volvo.

Gwynedd Shipping Volvo.

Steve Hughes MAN.

A.E.Gough Volvo.

Dont think we have had a Mars Jones motor on before ■■

RDH Scania. Dont think we have had one of these before ?

P1300816p.JPG

Alan Price Scania.

Owens MAN.

Different Owens to the one above i assume ■■

James Isaac & Sons DAF. Not sure if we have had one of these on before.

Garn Transport like there Scania’s.

Renault.

DCP_0707p.JPG

Garn Transport.

Click on pages twice.

Ralph Davies mighty 143.

ARC Leyland Constructor.

Cannons of Milton Volvo FL6.

Safeway Volvo F7.

Redland Foden.

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

Recognise the colour scheme,but cant remember the name ■■?

Elddis DAF.

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

Anyone recognise the Mercedes car transporter ■■?