PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

windrush:
A quick question to Chris Webb; Did you ever actually complete a round journey in a lorry as you only seem to have driven them one way and then hitched back home? :laughing: Delivering new chassis/cabs to dealers would have been a job readymade for you,! :wink:

Pete.

Fed up with trying to bait me and Bewick, then? I suppose you think you’re safe berating poor old Chris, just because there’s a stretch of water keeping you safe!

windrush:
A quick question to Chris Webb; Did you ever actually complete a round journey in a lorry as you only seem to have driven them one way and then hitched back home? :laughing: Delivering new chassis/cabs to dealers would have been a job readymade for you,! :wink:

Pete.

Fed up with trying to bait me and Bewick, then? I suppose you think you’re safe berating poor old Chris, just because there’s a stretch of water keeping you safe!

I heard you the first time, now’t wrong with MY earholes! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pete.

Retired Old ■■■■:

windrush:

Pete.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Believe or not I did complete thousands of trips when on general,tankers and at MFS.On that particular occasion quoted above we had four drivers based at Penrith and I took a loaded one up and left it that Friday night,keys under t’grill,paperwork int cab,loaded for Littlewoods Argyle Street Glasgow.Usually two Penrith lads would run down to Maltby in afternoon,load,and go back up,then the night lads would tip them.

I reserve me defence yer 'onour. :smiley:

Chris Webb:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Believe or not I did complete thousands of trips when on general,tankers and at MFS.On that particular occasion quoted above we had four drivers based at Penrith and I took a loaded one up and left it that Friday night,keys under t’grill,paperwork int cab,loaded for Littlewoods Argyle Street Glasgow.Usually two Penrith lads would run down to Maltby in afternoon,load,and go back up,then the night lads would tip them.

I reserve me defence yer 'onour. :smiley:

I believe you Chris, and ignore that chap from the ‘Cheshire Set’ trying to stir things up, there just seems to be a lot of ‘dodgies’ in your various posts! :laughing: Not something I ever encountered, and I doubt that it happens nowadays.

Pete.

Chris Webb:
Looks well that wagon Gaz,all credit due to you.
Did your dad ever do the Stainmore changeover with Smith of Maddiston early 80s?

Hey up Chris thanks for your kind words the picture was taken several years ago
Unfortunately I had to let her go a few years ago due to ill health
My Dad was a roamer at Stirlands but he probably did the odd changeover at Stainmore as I did now and then in the early nineties as I too was a roamer
The changeover then moved a few times
To Crooklands then Carnforth then onto Lymm then finally Carlisle
Cheers Gary
[/quote]
I got a lift with a SOM driver from Penrith to Stainmore and a Stirland driver from there to J1 M18 one night mid 1980.I’d left a wagon at Penrith that night when I worked for MFS Maltby and log booked it back (with train fare in pocket). The Stirland wagon was a V reg Sed Atki with 180 I think,the SOM was a B Series ERF with ■■■■■■■ and Fuller.I was picked up at midnight and was at J1 M18 at 0330.Rock on. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
Didnt Stirlands do a lot of work for Boots Nottingham, thank you Trevor

Hi Folks , We bought 2 S/A , units 201 Gardeners Fuller boxes , Red day cabs iirc the reg no NAU , T or v ,think they might have been ex stirlands ,any info please Cheers Barry

B.Wadsworth:
Hi Folks , We bought 2 S/A , units 201 Gardeners Fuller boxes , Red day cabs iirc the reg no NAU , T or v ,think they might have been ex stirlands ,any info please Cheers Barry

Hey Barry, have you changed your profile from BWADDY, or are you not the same■■? the red SA’s gave it away :smiley: :smiley:

HI ,Steel Boy ,Yes the same my computer crashed and lost all , could not remember my entry name so had to start again ,nice to hear from you , Cheers Barry

B.Wadsworth:
HI ,Steel Boy ,Yes the same my computer crashed and lost all , could not remember my entry name so had to start again ,nice to hear from you , Cheers Barry

Ha Ha, thought you had gone all posh on us !!!, marvellous things computers and F%*c+%g passwords etc, all the best Barry.

GB

tastrucker:

Chris Webb:
Did your dad ever do the Stainmore changeover with Smith of Maddiston early 80s?

My Dad was a roamer at Stirlands but he probably did the odd changeover at Stainmore as I did now and then in the early nineties as I too was a roamer
Cheers Gary

I got a lift with a SOM driver from Penrith to Stainmore and a Stirland driver from there to J1 M18 one night mid 1980.I’d left a wagon at Penrith that night when I worked for MFS Maltby and log booked it back (with train fare in pocket). The Stirland wagon was a V reg Sed Atki with 180 I think,the SOM was a B Series ERF with ■■■■■■■ and Fuller.I was picked up at midnight and was at J1 M18 at 0330.Rock on. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
[/quote]
Hi Trevor,

Yes Stirlands did some trunks for Boots as did Smith of Maddiston from Manchester to Maddiston,I regularly took a trailer of Boots gear up to Garstang on a night trunk change over with a Maddiston driver.

David

B.Wadsworth:

Hey up Barry one was NAU 479T and the other was WRB 644T both ex Stirlands
Cheers Gary [emoji1303]

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.

Bell Line drivers used to changeover at Symonds Yat in the 70s,they had marked out bays for parking.
I think Bevans of Newport was one of the main contractors for Bell Line at the Welsh end,not sure about Middlesborough.The ERF in the photo has a Cardiff reg.

Hi Chris ,…yes that ERF has a Cardiff reg it is a 1979 unit …HB was the former Merthyr reg up until 1974,when the reg was surrendered to Cardiff …DW the former Newport issue also became a Cardiff reg …
John Stephens had several of those ERFs that purple livery …as did Russell Bevan …remember them loading up at Hoovers Merthyr …DEAN ,and Paul always fab stuff from S Wales …lol …Geraint

5thwheel:

tastrucker:

Chris Webb:

Cheers Gary

[/quote]
Hi Trevor,

Yes Stirlands did some trunks for Boots as did Smith of Maddiston from Manchester to Maddiston,I regularly took a trailer of Boots gear up to Garstang on a night trunk change over with a Maddiston driver.

David
[/quote]
Hey up David
Stirlands worked for Boots for over 50 years along with other contractors such as BRS,BFI.Marshalls,Wm West,George Dominic’s and later on Clearway Distribution
Stirlands trunks were Aldershot,Cardiff.Stainmore,Bedford/Wellingborough,Dartford and Greenwich
Stirlands pulled out of Boots in the early 2000s due to poor rates
Cheers Gary

gazsa401:

Chris Webb:

gazsa401:

robroy:
^^^^;
Just out of interest mate that Sed Atk has a ■■■■■■■■ reg…who was it you worked for?
Looks like a Bewick motor, or an ex one.?

Hey up mate RAU 528X was new to JB Transport of Ironville it’s a Notts/Derbys registration number
I restored her in Stirlands of Nottinghams livery where I worked for 17 years
We ran quite a lot of 401s
Cheers Gary [emoji1303]

Cheers Gary

Hi Gary, who had the Sed-Ak off you?

Wonder is JBs ever fancied it back as a ‘heritage’ motor?

Regards,
Tony

kenfig bill:

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.

Bell Line drivers used to changeover at Symonds Yat in the 70s,they had marked out bays for parking.
I think Bevans of Newport was one of the main contractors for Bell Line at the Welsh end,not sure about Middlesborough.The ERF in the photo has a Cardiff reg.

Hi Chris ,…yes that ERF has a Cardiff reg it is a 1979 unit …HB was the former Merthyr reg up until 1974,when the reg was surrendered to Cardiff …DW the former Newport issue also became a Cardiff reg …
John Stephens had several of those ERFs that purple livery …as did Russell Bevan …remember them loading up at Hoovers Merthyr …DEAN ,and Paul always fab stuff from S Wales …lol …Geraint

The only time i saw a Merthyr reg was on the Corporation buses .!! fair play they did look after them always looked smart ,regards Keith

Hi , Garry , Thanks for that they done us proud good tools Cheers Barry

GCR2ERF:

gazsa401:

Chris Webb:

gazsa401:

robroy:
^^^^;
Just out of interest mate that Sed Atk has a ■■■■■■■■ reg…who was it you worked for?
Looks like a Bewick motor, or an ex one.?

Hey up mate RAU 528X was new to JB Transport of Ironville it’s a Notts/Derbys registration number
I restored her in Stirlands of Nottinghams livery where I worked for 17 years
We ran quite a lot of 401s
Cheers Gary [emoji1303]

Cheers Gary

Hi Gary, who had the Sed-Ak off you?

Wonder is JBs ever fancied it back as a ‘heritage’ motor?

Regards,
Tony

Hey up Tony a friend of mine passed it on for me
I did find a bit more info about its history
Cheers Gary

B.Wadsworth:
Hi , Garry , Thanks for that they done us proud good tools Cheers Barry

You’re welcome Barry this was a 400 my Dad had at Stirlands
Cheers Gary

Talk about hijacking a thread. :unamused:

Two full pages of thread drift and not thing from Dean. :frowning: