PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Looking at that Barlow and Hodge tanker makes me realise that many had the handrails missing on the catwalk, Tilcon were just as guilty! I suppose a few lads fell off over the years but that would be “Your own fault lad, don’t come moaning to me when you recover” from the gaffer! :unamused: :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
Looking at that Barlow and Hodge tanker makes me realise that many had the handrails missing on the catwalk, Tilcon were just as guilty! I suppose a few lads fell off over the years but that would be “Your own fault lad, don’t come moaning to me when you recover” from the gaffer! :unamused: :laughing:

Pete.

Tarmac Cliffe Hill s S39 s had a step welded to the front of the body, the driver of one had ticketed it for bad weld on the step. Somehow another driver was sent out on it when he used it down he went , his wedding ring caught on the body n ripped his finger off. I’m reliably informed that it never went to court.

windrush:

Pete.

Aye Pete,“don’t come running to me when you break your leg”!

David

aye same as on bulkers steps above the wheel… climb in and there is no bloody steps inside to get out!! :blush: :blush: not good for short arses…sorry for leaving topic.

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
Savilles were based in Stratford on Avon and was dealers for International Harvester, don’t know if they are still in business or had any other depots,

Hi Savilles also had a yard going into Salisbury from Southampton, was there in 73 as a chap from the village i worked out of was a fitter for them. At the time i was on round timber haulage for Noyce Bros of West Tytherly also near Salisbury, Buzzer

DEANB:
Had some of these on before. S.Protheroe Seddon Atkinson.

Bell Containers ERF.

Burtons Seddon Atkinson.

H.Young Transport Mercedes from Southampton.

Anyone recognise the Renault ■■?

Saville Dodge. Dont think we have had one of these on before.Anyone know were they were from ■■

Anyone recognise the Maggie ■■?

Barlow & Hodgkinson Foden bulk tanker.

Eggbeers Foden.

Harold Wood Seddon Atkinson tanker.

HI Dean ,the Burtons SeddAtk ,is Welsh reg ,and was based at Llantarnam Cwmbran ,the blue Maggie ,also Welsh reg is possibly G D J Price Newport ,regards keith

kmills:
G’day Dean - great pics again, thank you.
Re the pics in France, I’d say they’re in Bolougne, but I could well be wrong of course.
Anyways, most of the vehicles have 59 or 62 number plates, which is Nord Pas de Calais department -
Cheers Keith

Good point Keith never thought about looking at the reg numbers ! :wink:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
Savilles were based in Stratford on Avon and was dealers for International Harvester, don’t know if they are still in business or had any other depots,
Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the info Pete ! :smiley: Where have you been,on holiday ■■ :laughing:

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.
Bell Line drivers used to changeover at Symonds Yat in the 70s,they had marked out bays for parking.
I think Bevans of Newport was one of the main contractors for Bell Line at the Welsh end,not sure about Middlesborough.The ERF in the photo has a Cardiff reg.

Thanks for the info Chris. :smiley:

coomsey:
“windrush” Looking at that Barlow and Hodge tanker makes me realise that many had the handrails missing on the catwalk, Tilcon were just as guilty! I suppose a few lads fell off over the years but that would be “Your own fault lad, don’t come moaning to me when you recover” from the gaffer! :unamused: :laughing:

Pete.
Tarmac Cliffe Hill s S39 s had a step welded to the front of the body, the driver of one had ticketed it for bad weld on the step. Somehow another driver was sent out on it when he used it down he went , his wedding ring caught on the body n ripped his finger off. I’m reliably informed that it never went to court.

Thanks for your comments “windrush & coomsey” . Bloody long way to fall. :open_mouth:

5thwheel:
"windrush"Looking at that Barlow and Hodge tanker makes me realise that many had the handrails missing on the catwalk, Tilcon were just as guilty! I suppose a few lads fell off over the years but that would be “Your own fault lad, don’t come moaning to me when you recover” from the gaffer! :unamused: :laughing: Pete.

Aye Pete,“don’t come running to me when you break your leg”!
David

Bit like the grain bulkers. Remember as a kid walking over the load pulling the sheet from the front to the back of the trailer. Easy to
loose your footing and fall over the edge ! :unamused:

JIMBO47:
aye same as on bulkers steps above the wheel… climb in and there is no bloody steps inside to get out!! :blush: :blush: not good for short arses…sorry for leaving topic.

:wink:

Buzzer:
"pete smith"Morning Dean,

Hi Savilles also had a yard going into Salisbury from Southampton, was there in 73 as a chap from the village i worked out of was a fitter for them. At the time i was on round timber haulage for Noyce Bros of West Tytherly also near Salisbury, Buzzer

Cheers for the info Buzzer. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
Burtons Seddon Atkinson.

Anyone recognise the Maggie ■■?

HI Dean ,the Burtons SeddAtk ,is Welsh reg ,and was based at Llantarnam Cwmbran ,the blue Maggie ,also Welsh reg is possibly G D J Price Newport ,regards keith

Thanks for the comment Keith. :smiley:

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice to read.

1977.Herreveld.

ad cm herreveld 77.PNG.jpg

1979.S Forrest Distribution.

ad cm pana 79 ppg.PNG

1979.Jonas Crowther.

ad cm jonas 79 ppg.PNG

G.B.Crook.

ad cm gb crook 400 ppg.PNG

1967 Leyland Beaver production line.

1976.Ross Hillman.

1976.C.M.Hales.

1976.Frank Wright.

1. George Neville.

1. Hinchcliff.

Scammells model range brochure.

Click on pages twice to read.

Posted some stuff on the previous page.

Paperco Mercedes.

P2160046p.JPG

M J Church MAN and a CSM Haulage Volvo.

P2160138p.JPG

Pilkington Volvo.

P2170003p.JPG

Loma Distribution Volvo powder tanker.

P2160070p.JPG

Wickes Scania.

P2170004p.JPG

Wilkinson Scania

P2160130p.JPG

GEFCO Mercedes.

P2170001p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Renault ■■?

P2160067p.JPG

Bobcat Plant DAF

P2160031p.JPG

BFS MAN.

P2160108p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Guy livestock truck ■■

A03888p.JPG

Seddon Atkinson 401 Demonstrator.

A03933p.JPG

Hartwells Tenens new Constructor.

A03938p.JPG

Central Plant Bedford TM.

A04021p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo F86 bulker ■■

A03991p.JPG

Foxbury Farm Bedford TM.

A04028p.JPG

Shell Seddon Atkinson.

A04136p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Roadtrain ■■? Very similar colours to the Volvo F86 bulker above ?

A04161p.JPG

Churchfields Dairies Atkinson.

A04168p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Scammell Trunker ■■?

A04178p.JPG

The above Renault would of belong to Jack ford of chapel en le frith .

Hi Dean,
Been busy mate, a bit of a promotion and have to stay away a couple of nights a week now in hotels, prefer a cab to be honest!
The pic of the below TM, I pass their old yard every Sunday morning and have been racking my brains trying to remember the name of the company!
I think that Bedford was Detroit powered, may be getting confused with Dixons from Kidderminster though!, Central Plants yard was other side of the canal to the Round Oak pub and is now occupied by housing, Cheers Pete

A04021p.JPG

Foxbury Farms TM, went on to be a 4x2 wrecker with Edwards Recovery, later to become Wessex Recovery, drove that a few miles, had a V6 Detroit in her :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Taken in Edwards yard alongside the A34 in Newbury, before the by pass…

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.

Bell Line drivers used to changeover at Symonds Yat in the 70s,they had marked out bays for parking.
I think Bevans of Newport was one of the main contractors for Bell Line at the Welsh end,not sure about Middlesborough.The ERF in the photo has a Cardiff reg.

That ERF is more likely to be John Stephens Transport Newport . He had several like that in Bells colours with Jennings cabs ,and also F86 and F88 Volovs ,hey Dean another gem from South Wales ,thanx MT

Ray Smyth:
Not connected with the above, are you
aware of any decent pictures of Ripponden & District vans, they would call at my depot several times a week ? Kind Regards, Ray.

Well Ray better late than never. :smiley:

Here’s a shot of a Ripponden & District Commer taken in Stockport in January 1966.

Hi Paul,moomooland,here’s a gem I found in a mag a bus canteen in Manchester if you blow up the page there’s a little write up

image.jpeg

MANTRONIC:

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.

That ERF is more likely to be John Stephens Transport Newport . He had several like that in Bells colours with Jennings cabs ,and also F86 and F88 Volovs ,hey Dean another gem from South Wales ,thanx MT

Hi all. The blue Roadtrain may be WRJones of Rhiwderin later Caerphilly on the same estate as CVH and Kelvin Ward, Pant-Glas?
The ERF YHB 604T is a Merthyr Tydfil registration HB, and may well of been new to Triumph Business Systems of Pentrebach light green with dark green sign writing. They ran a nice private fleet delivering office furniture metal filing cabinets etc.
The Deutz WNY 11T may of been run by GDJ Price of Newport when new, but not in that photo.
Cant remember if NY is Newport or Bargoed as Caerphilly is KG I think!
If the deutz was supplied by Severnside Commercials it would be Newport, Rhymney Valley Motors it would be Bargoed.
Alan Price & Sons had WNY 628T, Alan’s son Dai had that new, and JNY 97W and 98W.

Paul