PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

. Ewals Cargo Care MAN

P4220001p.JPG
Thought that was me for a minute :smiley: .
Think that was one of Scanfreight Euro’s motors Colchester who I used to work for…these are a couple that I had for that co.

Scanfreight-%2520Cargo%2520Care.jpg

Scanfreight- P%26O.jpg

SF.jpg

SF Scania.jpg

Have you got anymore Dean?
Could be pulling Schnellecke, Schenker, Portbridge, P&O or their own trailers.
Cheers mate.

DEANB:
Some oldies.

The first ERF ,has a Hereford reg ,anyone knows who its former owner was ? regards Keith

DEANB:
Kingston Dodge. When you think how many pics have been posted there have not been many Dodge’s so they
must have been well down the list when hauliers were looking for new trucks.

Dodge L1399p.JPGSurprisingly enough Dean they were quite popular back in the day.

I never drove one but would be interesting to hear how good or bad they really were…

I learned on one of those Dodges.at a training school…nasty horrible bloody things. :smiling_imp:

Used to have to aim it in the direction you wanted to go, and then try and hold it in a straight line.
The gears were alike to a stick in a bucket, hope for the best to get in without a crunch of grating cogs, and listen for the sickening thud when you split the gears.
How the hell I managed to pass a test in it with all the pressure, I’ll never know.
I reckon the examiner felt sorry for me. :laughing:

Hi Rob. I got rid of a couple of creases and brightened it up a bit, hope you don’t mind.

SF%20Scania.jpg

Regards. John.

robroy:
I learned on one of those Dodges.at a training school…nasty horrible bloody things. :smiling_imp:

Used to have to aim it in the direction you wanted to go, and then try and hold it in a straight line.
The gears were alike to a stick in a bucket, hope for the best to get in without a crunch of grating cogs, and listen for the sickening thud when you split the gears.
How the hell I managed to pass a test in it with all the pressure, I’ll never know.

The Dodges were popular with the training schools in the seventies. Tyneside Transport Training Group had both rigids and artics and I did my Class 1 in one in 1974.
IIRC the cabs could tip under severe braking conditions
A couple of years later I was going on a course to MoTEC at High Ercall (RTITB, Mr Bewick’s favourite organisation)
Tyneside Training had a six wheel Dodge tipper that had to go down there and my Dad who was a founding member of the group volunteered my services. Went down on the Sunday to start the course on Monday but the b****y thing had low speed diffs so a max of 41mph from Tyneside to Shropshire, thought I was never going to get there.

Tyneside

old 67:
Hi Rob. I got rid of a couple of creases and brightened it up a bit, hope you don’t mind.

Regards. John.

Thanks for that mate, you’ve made me look even more handsome on that pic. :sunglasses: :smiley:
I’ve got a few more ‘‘creases’’ today since that pic was taken…about 20 years ago. :open_mouth:

smallcoal:
Hi Dean ,Albion chemicals,not seen them in a while they are now breentag ,gullivers truck rentals have gone bust told yesterday when one of our boys returned the tractor unit

Thanks for the info about Albion and Gullivers ! :open_mouth:

robroy:

. Ewals Cargo Care MAN
Thought that was me for a minute :smiley: .
Think that was one of Scanfreight Euro’s motors Colchester who I used to work for…these are a couple that I had for that co.

Have you got anymore Dean?
Could be pulling Schnellecke, Schenker, Portbridge, P&O or their own trailers.
Cheers mate.

“robroy” Thanks for the photos chap i will have a word with Paul and see if he has anymore. :smiley: :wink:

kingswinford kit:
"DEANB"Some oldies.
The first ERF ,has a Hereford reg ,anyone knows who its former owner was ? regards Keith

Hopefully someone may recognise it Keith. :wink:

moomooland:
“DEANB” Kingston Dodge. When you think how many pics have been posted there have not been many Dodge’s so they must have been well down the list when hauliers were looking for new trucks.
Surprisingly enough Dean they were quite popular back in the day.

I never drove one but would be interesting to hear how good or bad they really were…

Thanks for the pics Paul ,strange how we have not had that many of them maybe Paul did not like them ! :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

:laughing: :laughing:

old 67:
Hi Rob.I got rid of a couple of creases and brightened it up a bit,hope you don’t mind.Regards.John.

:wink:

tyneside:
The Dodges were popular with the training schools in the seventies. Tyneside Transport Training Group had both rigids and artics and I did my Class 1 in one in 1974.
IIRC the cabs could tip under severe braking conditions
A couple of years later I was going on a course to MoTEC at High Ercall (RTITB, Mr Bewick’s favourite organisation)
Tyneside Training had a six wheel Dodge tipper that had to go down there and my Dad who was a founding member of the group volunteered my services. Went down on the Sunday to start the course on Monday but the b****y thing had low speed diffs so a max of 41mph from Tyneside to Shropshire, thought I was never going to get there.
Tyneside

Thanks for the comments “Tyneside” :wink:

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice to read.

Leyland 1970.

Leyland Beaver sleeper cab 1965.

Archive.

We have had a few of Taunton Meats on here.

AN01.JPG

L0384p.JPG

2017-06-11 15.48.55.jpg

A02139.JPG

A02908.JPG

A03192p.JPG

A03248p.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

B.Swindell Volvo F88.

L2161p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Renault ■■?

L2133p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo F86 tanker ■■?

L2158p.JPG

Not sure what make it is as a bit before my time ! Possibly Bedford ■■

L1556p.JPG

Thomason & Kelley DAF tanker.

L1749p.JPG

Carefoot Seddon Atkinson.

L1773p.JPG

These Volvo BM dump trucks seem popular.

L1831p.JPG

Harry Lawson Seddon Atkinson.Bit about this company on page 289.

L2044p.JPG

Nelstrop Foden.

L2082p.JPG

Hamilton Jamieson Maggie car transporter.

L2171p.JPG

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■

L1907p.JPG

Bedford van. I cant say i remember this shape Bedford ?

L1764p.JPG

Anyone recognise the GUY ■■

L1748p.JPG

Ditchfield Seddon Atkinson.

L1781p.JPG

Elliotts MAN parked in their yard.

L1906p.JPG

Anyone recognise the tipper ? Leyland or AEC ?

L2050p.JPG

Upton Oil Foden.

L2218p.JPG

Anyone recognise the crane or the Seddon Atkinson ■■?

L2136p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Maggie ■■?

L2173p.JPG

James Transcon from Poole.

L2221p.JPG

Well the ‘Bedford’ is actually a Commer Superpoise and if that is before your time you must be almost a baby as I remember working on them and I’m only a youngster compared to most on here! :laughing:

The Guy Big J4 looks like one of Moss and Lovatts from Rushton Spencer, one of our vintage club members is a relative and they gave a talk and slide show a couple of years ago. They ran one of the few Big J’s with the 240 Gardner fitted… :open_mouth: .

Well actually it was only the badge! :wink:

Pete.

Dean
The Bedford will be a coach built mobile library for one of the local councils probably. We had a coach build bus chassis Ford powered where i served my time at Cleveland County Council. When taking it for annual test at Goods testing centre then at Darlington, it would get a good run think it did about 85mph !!

Hi Dean,
The pic of the Taunton Meat Haulage F10 with the classic Leyland National bus alongside it was taken at the top end of the High Street in Swansea.
Got to be late 70s. …there are building a in the back ground that are long gone.

Regards Mark

L0384p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Seddon,cant make the name out ■■?

[/quote]
Rugby cement

Hi Dean, The B Reg lorry is a Commer with a Bournemouth number plate.
Kind Regards, and have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. Ray.

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the DAF ■■

Bedford van. I cant say i remember this shape Bedford ?

Anyone recognise the GUY ■■

Ditchfield Seddon Atkinson.

Elliotts MAN parked in their yard.

Anyone recognise the tipper ? Leyland or AEC ?

Upton Oil Foden.

Anyone recognise the crane or the Seddon Atkinson ■■?

Anyone recognise the Maggie ■■?

James Transcon from Poole.

Hello DEAN ,the Guy looks like Moss and Lovatt ,Merry Christmas Dean ,thank you Trevor

Thank you once again Dean for taking the time and effort, posting so many great pictures - it’s very much appreciated.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all,

Cheers Keith

windrush:
Well the ‘Bedford’ is actually a Commer Superpoise and if that is before your time you must be almost a baby as I remember working on them and I’m only a youngster compared to most on here! :laughing:

The Guy Big J4 looks like one of Moss and Lovatts from Rushton Spencer, one of our vintage club members is a relative and they gave a talk and slide show a couple of years ago. They ran one of the few Big J’s with the 240 Gardner fitted… :open_mouth: .

Well actually it was only the badge! :wink:

Pete.

Pete,

Not sure that the Bedford is a Commer Superpoise,I thought the Superpoise were a bonneted vehicle,the Bedford also has the large Griffin badge in the front centre.

David