PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
Commer. Pretty sure i posted something about this company ages ago and i think it was a furniture manufacturer
from South Wales ■■ Looks like its ben sold on in this pic with the name painted over.

A03724.JPG

Avalon from Yatton?

Hi Dean, What a great thread this is. In just 18 months there have been over half a million views,
and approaching 9000 replies. Thank you for your wonderful input. Thanks also to Paul & Mark.
Regards, Ray.

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, What a great thread this is. In just 18 months there have been over half a million views,
and approaching 9000 replies. Thank you for your wonderful input. Regards, Ray.

Hi ,the success of this thread lies in the quality of the photography and the fact that it is all Pauls work ,and not taken from books or other sites ,cheers Dean and Paul ,regards Keith

Totally agree with the two views above. Getting on toward 300 pages, too!

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.
I’d say that DAF artic with “DF” on the cab stands for Dairy Farmers?..……… :neutral_face:

Thanks for the possible name Chris. :wink:

tastrucker:
Anyone recognise the Welsh Scania live stock draw-bar ■■?

Hello DEAN ,the Welsh Scania is ex Williams Bros ,Altami Mold ,looks like a stretched artic as they didnt have drawbars to my knowledge ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor. :smiley:

robthedog:
Anyone recognise the Mercedes ■■?

I think the merc rigid could be ex Cert Distribution

Cheers “robthedog” :smiley:

jeffreyk:
Commer. Pretty sure i posted something about this company ages ago and i think it was a furniture manufacturer from South Wales ■■

Looks like its ben sold on in this pic with the name painted over.i think it was a furniture firm called Avalon

Yes indeed “jefferyk” that was the company ! :wink:

A01988.JPG

I popped a bit on about them on page 157.

logger:
“Chris Webb”]Morning Dean.
I’d say that DAF artic with “DF” on the cab stands for Dairy Farmers?..………

I’m sure the DF stands for Dalehead Foods !

Thanks for the name “logger” :wink:

logger:
Dickson Transport were from by South Cerney , nr Swindon
They had another DAF which pulled a crane trailer which I remember was decorated up the same as the one in the picture

Heres another one of theres “logger” :wink:

nilocekyd:
“logger”
I’m sure the DF stands for Dalehead Foods !

I would agree Logger!

regards Colin

Thanks for confirming the name Colin. :wink:

kenfig bill:
Hi Dean, Your apologies are not necessary, you do a brilliant job here on Trucknet,
and manage to go to work as well…You are a “Top Bloke”, Many thanks, Ray.
Well i will definitely second that !..arousing so much interest down here in S Wales alone !!! …both you and Paul have to be applauded for your efforts …and Dean …thanks for the Tim Price Maggie ! …magic …lol …Geraint

Thanks for your comments Geraint and Ray. Paul and Mark certainly managed to get some
good Welsh motors !

You will be pleased to know that Paul was in the Cardiff area recently ! :laughing: :wink:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Commer. Pretty sure i posted something about this company ages ago and i think it was a furniture manufacturer from South Wales ■■ Looks like its ben sold on in this pic with the name painted over.

Avalon from Yatton?

See above Chris. :wink:

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, What a great thread this is. In just 18 months there have been over half a million views,and approaching 9000 replies. Thank you for your wonderful input. Thanks also to Paul & Mark.
Regards, Ray.

Thanks Ray appreciate your comments. We are lucky that Paul and Mark took all these pics. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
Hi ,the success of this thread lies in the quality of the photography and the fact that it is all Pauls work ,and not taken from books or other sites ,cheers Dean and Paul ,regards Keith

Thanks for your comments Keith ! :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Totally agree with the two views above. Getting on toward 300 pages, too!

Thanks “ROF” :wink:

Surprised we have not had any of A.W.Jenkinson’s trucks on here yet.I dont think i have ever seen
a rough one they always look smart.

Heres some pics that Paul recently sent me.

A.W.Jenkinson brochure.

Click on pages twice to read.

Jenkinson.jpg

jenkinson1.jpg

jenkinson2.jpg

jenkinson3.jpg

jenkinson4.jpg

jenkinson5.jpg

jenkinson6.jpg

jenkinson7.jpg

jenkinson8.jpg

jenkinson9.jpg

jenkinson10.jpg

jenkinson11.jpg

jenkinson12.jpg

jenkinson13.jpg

jenkinson14.jpg

jenkinson15.jpg

jenkinson16.jpg

jenkinson17.jpg

jenkinson18.jpg

jenkinson19.jpg

jenkinson20.jpg

jenkinson21.jpg

jenkinson22.jpg

jenkinson23.jpg

jenkinson24.jpg

jenkinson25.jpg

jenkinson26.jpg

jenkinson27.jpg

jenkinson28.jpg

jenkinson29.jpg

jenkinson30.jpg

jenkinson35.jpg

Plant Hire Services Volvo F88. Anyone know where they were based ■■

A03886p.JPG

Anyone recognise the heavy haulier Volvo F12 going up Dorchester high street. I think it may have
been a company from Portland but cant remember there name.

A04415p.JPG

L.J.H.Screenhire Maggie.Looks like a nastly load to secure. Dont think we have had one of
these on before,anyone know where they were based ■■

A04662p.JPG

A.G.Watts Maggie bulker.

A04569p.JPG

Langdons Foden bulker. Is this the same Langdons that haul fridges ■■

A04603p.JPG

Wincanton AEC wrecker.

A04422p.JPG

Henery Bros DAF fridge. Were they from Hull looking at the windscreen strip ■■

A04639p.JPG

C.T.S. (Midlands) Ltd ERF bulker.

A04536p.JPG

Northrose Scania. Dont think we have had one of these on before.

A04499p.JPG

C.G.M. UK Scania.

A04277p.JPG

DEANB:

They are/were linked to Stobart Biomass somewhere down the line with Jenkinsons having shares in Biomass … i think ■■?

Hi Dean.
Yes,Henery Brothers were fish merchants from Hull. One of their slogans was “Fish is your life”. :laughing:

DEANB:
Surprised we have not had any of A.W.Jenkinson’s trucks on here yet.I dont think i have ever seen

Thanks for posting all the pictures Dean. Their brochure is rather extensive.

https://www.awjenkinson.co.uk/

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
Yes,Henery Brothers were fish merchants from Hull. One of their slogans was “Fish is your life”. :laughing:[/quote

“Fish is your life”… :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,very funny Chris!!!

David

DEANB:

hello DEAN ,i see that they have a large depot at Craven arms and also Newbridge on Wye ,thank you Trevor

Not sure who the firm was, but this F10 shared the same livery and was sold to a chap in Ireland in 2006

I think GPR 952V was new to Dorchester / Wareham Transport and is now used to haul a Traction Engine.

Photo No1 My son (not on photo) Fueling up for the 1st time when brand new

The one he parted with on getting PX66AEC new

ramone:
They are/were linked to Stobart Biomass somewhere down the line with Jenkinsons having shares in Biomass … i think ■■?

:wink:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
Yes,Henery Brothers were fish merchants from Hull. One of their slogans was “Fish is your life”. :laughing:

I dont know how you remember all these companies Chris ! :laughing: :wink:

jsutherland:
Surprised we have not had any of A.W.Jenkinson’s trucks on here yet.I dont think i have ever seen a rough one they always look smart.

Thanks for posting all the pictures Dean. Their brochure is rather extensive.

https://www.awjenkinson.co.uk/

Thanks for the link Johnny, i thought it was a quality brochure chap. :wink:

tastrucker:

DEANB:
Surprised we have not had any of A.W.Jenkinson’s trucks on here yet.I dont think i have ever seen a rough one they always look smart.

hello DEAN ,i see that they have a large depot at Craven arms and also Newbridge on Wye ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the information Trevor. :wink:

steelboyf10:
Not sure who the firm was, but this F10 shared the same livery and was sold to a chap in Ireland in 2006

Thanks for the pic “steelboyf10” :wink:

kerbut:
I think GPR 952V was new to Dorchester / Wareham Transport and is now used to haul a Traction Engine.

Cheers Nigel. :smiley:

Stanfield:
Photo No1 My son (not on photo) Fueling up for the 1st time when brand new

The one he parted with on getting PX66AEC new

Thanks for the pics “Stanfield” :smiley: