PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

pete smith:

[zb]
anorak:
I notice that those Venturers have the wider grille panel. Atki experts- which rating of ■■■■■■■ engine did it grace?

The pic of the one I posted anorak had a Gardner 240 fitted apparently?

The wider grille went on Borderers and Venturers with 240 Gardner, 270 & 290 ■■■■■■■ and 280 Rolls

Limey:

240 Gardner:

Limey:

Not like you to be speechless!!!

Well, come on! You can’t be a day under 40 in that photo. Maybe the excitement of being allowed in a proper lorry for once has clouded your memory and I can totally understand that. However, on a second viewing the garb is much later, no 1978 style big collars or anything on view. It must have been about 1988 I reckon, the Marathon would have been about due a refurb. by then.

I knew you’d catch up in the end, once you’d marshalled your abuse :unamused:

I think the Marathon had probably dissolved by 1988! Actually, I did get it wrong, I wasn’t 17, I was 18, and it was the summer of 1977.

The big collars mostly passed me by - I think they were the preserve of those who drove Mercedes cars :wink:

Perhaps you still have both Mercedes and collars??

moomooland:

gazsa401:
Plevins HQ is at Elksley just off the A1 North Nottinghamshire

R Plevin & Sons head office and main yard is on Cheshire Street, Mossley near Ashton under Lyne.
Their other smaller depots are in Retford, Boston, and Hazelhead near Penistone.

R Plevin & Sons Ltd was formed in 1973 by Roy and Maureen Plevin and is now run by their two sons Jamie & Simon, employing over 200 people across four sites in the UK.

Here’s a shot from 1986 when they were based in Hyde before moving to Mossley ten years later in 1996.

Hiya mate.
I bought a 400 Gardner powered Seddon Atk 401 A423 GFA, from Roy Plevin around 1986/7 ish… don’t suppose you have a pic?
I think it started it’s life as an Air Products motor btw.

240 Gardner:

Chris Webb:
Morning.
Chris 240 Gardner knows this Venturer. It was originally owned by Clarington Coach and Haulage Wigan and then used as a recovery wagon in Berkshire IIRC. It is being restored in Norfolk,in fact it may well be finished now.290 ■■■■■■■■

Absolutely right, Chris!

After Clarington Coach & Haulage:

CCI16052008_00000 by cheese 1961, on Flickr

it worked as a wrecker for Richard Freeth Recycling between Swindon and Cricklade, as per your photo, and has now been fully restored:

Atkinson 1973 Venturer REK 552M by Bob Lovelock, on Flickr

Hi Chris, I have lived in Wigan since 1966, and been involved in transport all that time. I used to see Claringtons lorries frequently,
but never ever clapped eyes on this Atkinson 6 wheeler. There is a Claringtons artic on the Wigan thread. Kind Regards, Ray.

Ray Smyth:

240 Gardner:

Chris Webb:
Morning.
Chris 240 Gardner knows this Venturer. It was originally owned by Clarington Coach and Haulage Wigan and then used as a recovery wagon in Berkshire IIRC. It is being restored in Norfolk,in fact it may well be finished now.290 ■■■■■■■■

Absolutely right, Chris!

After Clarington Coach & Haulage:

CCI16052008_00000 by cheese 1961, on Flickr

it worked as a wrecker for Richard Freeth Recycling between Swindon and Cricklade, as per your photo, and has now been fully restored:

Atkinson 1973 Venturer REK 552M by Bob Lovelock, on Flickr

Hi Chris, I have lived in Wigan since 1966, and been involved in transport all that time. I used to see Claringtons lorries frequently,
but never ever clapped eyes on this Atkinson 6 wheeler. There is a Claringtons artic on the Wigan thread. Kind Regards, Ray.

They did a lot of work for Gullick Mining Machinery,used to see them regular.

Thanks for the comments and photos from “pete smith” ,“240Gardner”, “Chris Webb”, “Ray Smyth” and “robroy” :smiley: :wink:

DEANB:
Thanks for the comments and photos from “pete smith” ,“240Gardner”, “Chris Webb”, “Ray Smyth” and “robroy” :smiley: :wink:

But not The Limester :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DEANB:
C.Brown & Sons Volvo F88

Vacu Lug Marathon.

Caffery Seddon Atkinson.

Ernest E Maidment MAN bulker.

Lltyd Thomas ERF. Bumper been bent.

“FLOURPOWER” Hovis Foden.

John T Howard Scania

John Brash ERF. Not had one of these on before thinks it says from Lincolnshire on the door.

Greenlands ERF from Hereford. Dont think we have had one of theres on here before !

I dont think we have had one of these on here before. Darbyshire & Horabin Seddon Atkinson.

Hello Dean ,the E Maidmant MAN is possibly ex J K Williams Penygroes ,would see them at Gwaun cae gurwen colliery .
Greenlands ERF were based in Monmouth as well as Hereford ,they purchased the first VolvoF86 from Griffin mill garages ,also traded as Fred Bouldry Transport ,keep them coming ,MT

MANTRONIC:
Ernest E Maidment MAN bulker.

Greenlands ERF from Hereford. Dont think we have had one of theres on here before !

Hello Dean ,the E Maidmant MAN is possibly ex J K Williams Penygroes ,would see them at Gwaun cae gurwen colliery .
Greenlands ERF were based in Monmouth as well as Hereford ,they purchased the first VolvoF86 from Griffin mill garages ,also traded as Fred Bouldry Transport ,keep them coming ,MT

Thanks for the information and comments MT. :wink:

Some dodgy ones from the mile away folder ! :unamused:

Scammell Handyman.

Magirus Deutz.

Volvo F88 bulker.

Leyland

GUY big J livestock truck.

Foden bulker

Volvo F86 tipper.

GUY big J

Seddon possibly Blue Dart ?

ERF bulker

Skip trucks.

Click on pages twice to read.

Coopers Metals.

AD23.JPG

A02272.JPG

A03783p.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF tanker ?

P8150150p.JPG

BTS Scania.

P8150063p.JPG

Bergen International Scania from Manchester.

P8150026p.JPG

Walters Group DAF

P8160013p.JPG

K.Mason DAF with P & O trailer .

P8150129.JPG

Runtech ERF. Not sure if the MAN is the same company ■■

P8150056p.JPG

R.F.Fielding ERF

P8160116p.JPG

E.Pawson Scania

P8160125p.JPG

McBurney Volvo. Think Harvey does a bit for these.

old volvo mcb.JPG

Ken Thomas DAF

PA280646p.JPG

nomiS36:
Still waiting for a Taylors of martley…oh no, here comes a rolling eyes emoji…[emoji57]
Given in my taylors days we used to do a lot of South Wales from Worcester I’m surprised there aren’t any given our prolific truck photographer took A LOT of photos around Ross on wye.

You popped this on a while back “nomiS36” about Taylors of Martley and you are right chap we are struggling
with them. :unamused: However i will have a word with Paul and i expect he will have some somewhere .

Found these !

P8050070p.JPG

P8090038.JPG

DEANB:

nomiS36:
Still waiting for a Taylors of martley…oh no, here comes a rolling eyes emoji…[emoji57]
Given in my taylors days we used to do a lot of South Wales from Worcester I’m surprised there aren’t any given our prolific truck photographer took A LOT of photos around Ross on wye.

You popped this on a while back “nomiS36” about Taylors of Martley and you are right chap we are struggling
with them. :unamused: However i will have a word with Paul and i expect he will have some somewhere .

Found these !

Hi Dean,
Here is a Taylors for you from Rogers pics, Cheer’s Pete

Anyone recognise the Volvo F86 ■■?

A03812p.JPG

Centuary Oils Bedford TM

A03902p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Seddon bulker ■■?

A03799p.JPG

J.M.Pallett Foden

A03918p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the dodge ■■?

A03813p.JPG

R & N Transport ERF from Tyne & Wear.

A04156p.JPG

Atkins Seddon Atkinson.

A04785p.JPG

Hibberd & Sons ERF.

A04637.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo F10 ■■ Think it says Nottngham on the door ?

A04767p.JPG

Bolton Roadways DAF.

A04765p.JPG

Hey up Dean the the Volvo pulling the step tilt trailer belonged to Rennie Hogg Transport Ltd they were a subsidiary company of RH Freight Services Ltd ( Owned by the Baxter family)
They were originally from Ruddington in Nottingham then they moved to a purpose built site on Lenton Lane Lenton industrial estate in Nottingham
The Baxter family sold the RH Group to the Khaune and Nagal Group a few years ago but retained the RHCV Renault Truck franchise
They were one of the worst firms in Nottingham to work for regarding running bent and pay and conditions
Cheers Gary

P8150026p.JPGBergen Transport of Mellors Road Trafford Park Manchester.

All this came to an end in July 2011 when Bergen Transport axed its road haulage arm.
The Trafford Park company, which had an O-licence for 60 vehicles and 120 trailers wound down its transport division, while its freight forwarding, air freight and storage arms still continued to trade at that time.

Hi dean,some joints aec,joints shunters were in tidy condition

image.jpeg

moomooland:
4Bergen Transport of Mellors Road Trafford Park Manchester.

1All this came to an end in July 2011 when Bergen Transport axed its road haulage arm.
The Trafford Park company, which had an O-licence for 60 vehicles and 120 trailers wound down its transport division, while its freight forwarding, air freight and storage arms still continued to trade at that time.

0[/quote
Used to be a good firm to work for originally don’t know what they were like later.
In the late 70s they got the DCD container contract with 5 motors on contract to DCD in their colours 3 x F7s and 2 F12s some of the drivers were ex Jenkinson international of Salford. This opened the rest of the Bergen fleet up to more Hapag Lloyd work.
They also did the Russian wood pulp out of Ellesmere Port running it to store for a time, they also did a lot loose loads of bales of grey cloth into their warehouse.

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Volvo F86 ■■?

Centuary Oils Bedford TM

Anyone recognise the Seddon bulker ■■?

J.M.Pallett Foden

Cant make the name out on the dodge ■■?

R & N Transport ERF from Tyne & Wear.

Atkins Seddon Atkinson.

Hibberd & Sons ERF.

Anyone recognise the Volvo F10 ■■ Think it says Nottngham on the door ?

Bolton Roadways DAF.

Dodge could be one of Aylestone Transports.(Leicester registration as well).