PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Chris it was a mark 5…I don’t know weather it was on the road or maybe just parked in the WG’s yard at that time.
It was around 1976 not before that I remember

scan0246.jpg

Pilwoods Quality Feeds Seddon Atkinson.Anyone know if they were from the Southampton area ■■

From Woodington Mill, East Wellow, Nr Romsey
Sarted by a local farmer (Pilbrow?)for his own feed then grew to a fairly bid concern, we did a lot of work for them to farms & Fish farms all bag work.
they sold out to Pauls then the mill was closed down
regards
Jeremy

DEANB:
Cant make the name out on the door of the ERF ■■

ELF GUY

Anyone recognise the Foden ■■

IMI Foden. Anyone know what the initials stand for ■■

Heres one for “240Gardner”

Daz will like this Routeman.
Dean that is a cracker Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Pitter Seddon Atkinson from Southampton i think.

High Post Grain Silos Atkinson. Used to go there as a kid. :smiley:

Pilwoods Quality Feeds Seddon Atkinson.Anyone know if they were from the Southampton area ■■

Pat Duffy Scania. Think he was from the Southampton area ?

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
IMI stood for Imperial Metal Industries,they had a big place at Witton Birmingham and the HQ was Leeds I think. Part of ICI I believe.

Thanks for the name Chris. :smiley:

Chris Webb:
Leyland or AEC.
AEC going by the round fuel tank.

Volvo F86
That’s one of Bass Charringtons F86s.

F86 tanker possibly Smith & Robinson ■■?
It’s one of LPG Transport from Morley Dean.

Good stuff Chris,of course its LPG recognise it now ! :unamused:

moomooland:
That Foden S80 heading up the M5 from Worcester was operated by mail-order catalogue company Kay & Co Ltd, otherwise known as Kays.
The company had offices and warehouses in Worcester, Leeds, Glasgow, Newtown, Bradford, Bristol, Droitwich, Lancaster and York.
Great Universal acquired Kay & Company Ltd in 1937 and continued to run the Kays catalogue as a separate title within the GUS holding company.
On the 23rd of February 2007 Kays original depot in Worcester closed as part of the work to amalgamate Kays and Littlewoods under the new brand name ‘Shop Direct’.

Thanks for the information Paul, my mum used to have a Kays catalogue !! :laughing: :laughing:

logger:
Scania.
Sure it’s one of Western Transports from Avonmouth Bristol.

Thanks for the name “logger” :wink:

Buzzer:
Hi dean Pat Duffy was in deed from Southampton now no longer with us RIP, not only did he run Scania’s he used to have a breakers yard at Nursling on the outskirts of the town. In the early days he had a four wheeler then went onto artic’s and pulled trailers for Sea Route Ferry then as most of us did we started to do traction abroad for SRF and STS and the like was busy back then, his son has carried on with the company and is doing low loader work and his name is Patrick, cheers Buzzer.

Thanks for the information Buzzer. :smiley:

Jelliot:
All that Leyland Marathon advertising " Fantastic " How could a young school boy, continuously exposed to that kind of imagery not want to get behind the wheel of a big truck and see the world ■■?
Jeff…

I think you are right Jeff,most of us spent our school holiday’s tramping around in a truck ! :laughing:

240 Gardner:
We have had alot of Leyland Marathon’s on here.

And here’s another… :smiley:
A 17-year-old me, minding a brand new Marathon until the proper driver came back :unamused:
On the way there, on the M55, we discovered that it would achieve an indicated 76 mph :open_mouth: - 11/10 to the guys who built the float, since none of it fell off!
[/quote]
Thanks for the pic Chris ! :smiley:

Badger:

Sarted by a local farmer (Pilbrow?)for his own feed then grew to a fairly bid concern, we did a lot of work for them to farms & Fish farms all bag work.They sold out to Pauls then the mill was closed down
regards Jeremy

Thanks for the info Jeremy i think thats the first one of theirs we have had on here. :wink:

ArcDaz:
Daz will like this Routeman.
Dean that is a cracker Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yes Daz a good looking one indeed ! :smiley:

Thanks to Chris and marktaff for all the comments and photos regarding AE Evans. :smiley: :wink:

Badger:

Sarted by a local farmer (Pilbrow?)for his own feed then grew to a fairly bid concern, we did a lot of work for them to farms & Fish farms all bag work.
they sold out to Pauls then the mill was closed down
regards
Jeremy

Useless piece of information but I used to weigh my straw loads on there weighbridge both with a tractor and then by the lorry load, my god that was some years back Buzzer.

Retired Old ■■■■:
I don’t know if they’re into pallets or not, John, but it would explain the deflector.

Hi rof,here’s one of pontralis pallets cheers John

Some odds and sods !

Click on pages twice to read.

AEC 1968.

Leyland Journal 1968.

Some Foden tippers.

Kiwi Fodens.

Scammell Himalayan 1963.

Aveling Barford dump trucks.

We have had a fair few of Wynns heavy haulage on here from South Wales.

AY23.JPG

A00220.JPG

A00041.JPG

A01776.JPG

A02255p.JPG

A02609.JPG

Wynns Ross on Wye.jpg

paulgee scammell contractor.jpg

A02672.JPG

Wynns Heavy Haulage brochure.

Click on pages twice to read.

wynns bro.jpg

wynns bro1.jpg

wynns bro2.jpg

wynns bro3.jpg

wynns bro4.jpg

wynns bro5.jpg

wynns bro6.jpg

wynns bro7.jpg

wynns bro8.jpg

wynns bro9.jpg

wynns bro10.jpg

wynns bro11.jpg

wynns bro12.jpg

wynns bro13.jpg

wynns bro14.jpg

wynns bro15.jpg

wynns bro16.jpg

wynns bro17.jpg

wynns bro18.jpg

wynns bro19.jpg

wynns bro20.jpg

wynns bro22.jpg

Norman Davies Transport Magnum.

P8150009p.JPG

MDW MAN from Newport.

P8150054p.JPG

Any ideas Chris ■■ :laughing:

P8150077p.JPG

Thompson International MAN with a E.M.Rogers Volvo behind.

P8160023p.JPG

George Allinson Foden.

P8160120p.JPG

Plevin ERF. Dont think we have had one of these on before ?

P8160150p.JPG

Flintoff DAF

P8160151p.JPG

Bodmin Blocks Seddon Atkinson,dont think we have had one of these on here before.

P8160032p.JPG

Pritchards Foden from South Wales.

P8160183p.JPG

J.F.D.International Volvo.

P9060582p.JPG

C.Brown & Sons Volvo F88

A04658p.JPG

Vacu Lug Marathon.

A04018p.JPG

Caffery Seddon Atkinson.

A04663p.JPG

Ernest E Maidment MAN bulker.

A04646p.JPG

Lltyd Thomas ERF. Bumper been bent.

A04649p.JPG

“FLOURPOWER” Hovis Foden.

A04772p.JPG

John T Howard Scania

A04769p.JPG

John Brash ERF. Not had one of these on before thinks it says from Lincolnshire on the door.

A04776p.JPG

Greenlands ERF from Hereford. Dont think we have had one of theres on here before !

A04660p.JPG

I dont think we have had one of these on here before. Darbyshire & Horabin Seddon Atkinson.

A04670p.JPG

The plevin erf looks ex plevin as they pulled bulk sawdust trailers. From Manchester area.

John brash, were/are from Beckingham Lincolnshire.

Hi dean,illtyd didn’t run an immaculate fleet here’s some pics for you d t hunkin which you had on here ,one of Meeks,dyfed sludge,and robbins cheers John

1044960_431084496990121_244942600_n[1].jpg

Illtyd Blue 007.jpg

DEANB:
C.Brown & Sons Volvo F88

Vacu Lug Marathon.

Caffery Seddon Atkinson.

Ernest E Maidment MAN bulker.

Lltyd Thomas ERF. Bumper been bent.

“FLOURPOWER” Hovis Foden.
Spot on Dean another great photo cheers for posting.

John T Howard Scania

John Brash ERF. Not had one of these on before thinks it says from Lincolnshire on the door.

Greenlands ERF from Hereford. Dont think we have had one of theres on here before !

I dont think we have had one of these on here before. Darbyshire & Horabin Seddon Atkinson.

Hi Dean,
More great pictures again. Earnest Maidment had a smart fleet of tippers,based at Pontyberem,Near Llanelli.

Hi dean,joints aec I had shunting,ironrails marathon,turners of ebbw vale

vwvanman0:
The plevin erf looks ex plevin as they pulled bulk sawdust trailers. From Manchester area.

John brash, were/are from Beckingham Lincolnshire.

Plevins HQ is at Elksley just off the A1 North Nottinghamshire

A power electrics truck,one of ours which hit a tree going down a lane in whitland