PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
Berne Atkinson. I wonder if this is a owner driver looking at the spray job ■■

Anyone recognise the Leyland live stock truck ■■?

PDT Buildings Scania.

Stephens & Chambers ERF bulker from Brecon.

T.S.Thomas & Sons Foden tipper.

Aberthaw Cement Foden from South Wales.

Geo Cooper Scania from Wales.

Another Welsh one. Dyfed Sludge Disposal new Seddon Atkinson.

Blue Circle Cement Routeman.

Thomas Bros ERF. Is that a Welsh one chaps ■■

Hey DEAN …super stuff as usual …Stephens and Chambers from Brecon …an old established firm sadly no longer with us …they did a lot of quarry work out of Penwyllt in the Swansea valley …seem to remember they had a Atki 6x2 artic …a surprise and very welcome pic …lol ,…Geraint

kenfig bill:

DEANB:
Berne Atkinson. I wonder if this is a owner driver looking at the spray job ■■

Anyone recognise the Leyland live stock truck ■■?

PDT Buildings Scania.

T.S.Thomas & Sons Foden tipper.

Aberthaw Cement Foden from South Wales.

Geo Cooper Scania from Wales.

Another Welsh one. Dyfed Sludge Disposal new Seddon Atkinson.

Blue Circle Cement Routeman.

Thomas Bros ERF. Is that a Welsh one chaps ■■

Hey DEAN …super stuff as usual …Stephens and Chambers from Brecon …an old established firm sadly no longer with us …they did a lot of quarry work out of Penwyllt in the Swansea valley …seem to remember they had a Atki 6x2 artic …a surprise and very welcome pic …lol ,…Geraint

hello Dean and Geraint , and Dean thank you very much for providing another South Wales gem in Stephens and Chambers .
They ceased haulage in the early 80s and that ERF would have been one of the last units bought new .
Geraint the twin steer ATki was GEU 170G ,they did about 3 loads a day out of Penwyllt for Llanwern ,they also did NCB work at Abercwmboi ,as well as doing lime/slag spreading .
Once again Dean thanx for some awesome South Wales stuff MT

Ray Smyth:
Marks & Spencer on trailer. Not sure who owns the ERF ■■?

Hi Dean, I think the Marks & Spencer ERF is Gist. Regards, Ray.
Hi Dean, Further to my previous comments, I think Gist were formerly BOC Transhield. Regards, Ray.

Thanks for the name and information Ray. :wink:

Paul John:
Dean and Paul, the Stevens and Chambers ERF was probably one of the last they ran, as they sold up around 82/83. They also did a lot of lime spreading on farms.
Paul

Thanks for the comment Paul. :smiley:

pete smith:
Hi Chris,
Thomas Brother were from Wrexham…they were also a removal company to…when they finished the name was bought along with Casserlys of Shrewsbury and the two names were merged together under the Britannia franchise …went on to be called Thomas Casserlys…I think they finished the Haulage before selling the removal side of the business.
Regards Mark
Hi Mark,
I presume this is the same Casserley’s?

:imp:

Nice pic Pete ! :wink:

coomsey:
N much appreciated Dean although I’m more of a D series man nowadays :unamused:

I reckon your winding me up “coomsey” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Your a Foden man.

Wind up Dean? Never! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
One of the best or maybes the best motor I ever had was a D series, at 32t with a 240g in her she went like the wind! N who could fault the Ford 12sp box? Shame they stopped making them. Cheers Coomsey.
[/quote]

rigsby:
Tut tut , traitor , you should be marched in front of Sandbach town hall and your foden badges publicly removed , and banned from the Foden thread forthwith . Anon

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tastrucker:
Hi Mark,
I presume this is the same Casserley’s?

They have been going for years are they still in business ? thank you Trevor
[/quote]
:wink:

marktaff:
Hi Pete,
Yes that’s the same Casserly’s…the two company’s were merged together to form Thomas Casserlys under the Britannia frachise…they were both old companies with good names in the moving industry. …I think Casserly’s son may have gone on to start a business of is own in Shrewsbury.
Regards Mark

Thanks for confirming Mark and for the pic. :smiley:

robthedog:
Possibly Transfleet ■■?

The Scania wagon and drag car transporter is or should I say was Euro fleet from Islip near Kettering now long gone

Thanks for confirming the name “robthedog”. :wink:

robthedog:
Whites Renault. Lemonade ■■?

The whites Renault is nothing to do with R whites lemonade, whites are from Kent ramsgate way I believe, one of theirs had a bad smash a few years ago on the old A3 by the devils punchbowl no ABS Susie fitted braked and jackknifed killing a booker artic driver coming the other way

Thanks for the information Rob. :wink:

Mark R:
Yeah, Whites are from down near Manston Airport. They’ve got mainly Mercedes lorries now but have been going for donkeys years. They used to be Orange before they changed to the current yellow livery and a couple of my colleagues used to work on there. A proper old school family haulier.

Cheers Mark for the comments. :wink:

kenfig bill:

Thanks Geraint for the info. You will be pleased to here that Mr Gee was recently in Wales so there will
be lots of modern Welsh motors he will have taken photos off. :smiley: :wink:

MANTRONIC:
hello Dean and Geraint , and Dean thank you very much for providing another South Wales gem in Stephens and Chambers .
They ceased haulage in the early 80s and that ERF would have been one of the last units bought new .
Geraint the twin steer ATki was GEU 170G ,they did about 3 loads a day out of Penwyllt for Llanwern ,they also did NCB work at Abercwmboi ,as well as doing lime/slag spreading .
Once again Dean thanx for some awesome South Wales stuff MT

:confused: :confused:

Thanks for your input MT, Paul and Mark certainly got some good welsh stuff over the years. :wink:

Posted this pic recently of this Seddon Atkinson which had Citizen on the side. Came across this clipping
on the computer that gives a bit more detail from 1979.

citizen seddon 79.PNG

Posted this Guy of Ultramar the other day and found this Bedford. I dont remember them ?

“240Gardner” one for you chap,Robert Armstrong Volvo from 1979.

p&o armstrong 79 ppg.PNG

“JAKEY” BRS.

Dodds Transport ERF.

Click on pages twice to read.

Great office pic with all the phones on the desk ! :laughing:

Gordon Gilder Scania.

PA260035p.JPG

Carters Scania.

P8130036p.JPG

Frazer Mercedes.

P8130029p.JPG

Anyone recognise the DAF live stock outfit ■■?

P8130027p.JPG

Wildes Scania.

P8130038p.JPG

B.T.S. Scania.

P8130050p.JPG

Downton Volvo.

PA260028p.JPG

Tankshare DAF

PA260030p.JPG

Cains Farms Scania from the Chideock / Bridport area.

PA260039p.JPG

R.W.Loxton ERF

PC300015p.JPG

Ancliff Seddon Atkinson.

Rare Dennison of Wilson Generators.

E.J.Masters Seddon Atkinson. Had a depot in South Wales looking at the trailer.

Think it says Jim Pallet on the door of the Foden.

Looks like a Free Foresters Atkinson ■■

C.W.Burch & Sons Marathon heading into Poole docks. Dont remember having one of theres on here
before. Anyone know where they were based ■■

Harvey, i dont remember Dorchester Transport running any Marathons. :open_mouth: I thought they only run
Volvos on artic work. :unamused:

Another Welsh one. Blue Dart Seddon Atkinson.

Thomason’s Saviem.

Richard Read ERF.

L2611p.JPG
Close Dean, Joe Pallet from Nailstone Leics. Did a short spell for him on a S80tipper 1of 4.Had 20ish motors half tippers. Mostly Foden/Akkies with a few Guys. Did a lot out of Ellistown pipe yard. Slimmed down after the pits closed, down to a few Volvos well blinged up

Hi Dean,the Foden artic is one of J W Pallett from Nailstone,Leicestershire.

Whatever happened to Ultramar, they seemed quite a big concern at one time? Like Silkolene I suppose, taken over by one of the ‘big boys’ and then closed down?

Pete.

windrush:
Whatever happened to Ultramar, they seemed quite a big concern at one time? Like Silkolene I suppose, taken over by one of the ‘big boys’ and then closed down?

Pete.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramar_plc

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramar

farm8.staticflickr.com/7644/169 … c0e2_b.jpg

Thank you Dean and Paul for the BRS rental advert . :smiley:

Hi MT ,thats a blast from the past ,Stephens and Chambers ,wasnt thier depot in Llanvase opposite Christ College ?
Would see them backloading slag from Corby ,do you remember Royal Oak Transport from Llangors ? regards Keith .

kingswinford kit:
Hi MT ,thats a blast from the past ,Stephens and Chambers ,wasnt thier depot in Llanvase opposite Christ College ?
Would see them backloading slag from Corby ,do you remember Royal Oak Transport from Llangors ? regards Keith .

I think that Royal Oak transport ran an early Scania Vabis 76 six wheel flat and the colour was blue.Did they move to Winforton on the road between Brecon and Leominster and eventually gave up haulage and became a repair garage.The garage closed down and now is a fishing tackle shop.Sorry if i am totally wrong

ianto:

kingswinford kit:

I think that Royal Oak transport ran an early Scania Vabis 76 six wheel flat and the colour was blue.Did they move to Winforton on the road between Brecon and Leominster and eventually gave up haulage and became a repair garage.The garage closed down and now is a fishing tackle shop.Sorry if i am totally wrong

Hello Ianto and Keith ,Royal Oak was before my time ,but that Scania 6wheeler waslater converted to an artic .My grandfather says it may have been a demonstrator as it had the Scania Vabis cycle chain motiff on the door , but it was Brecon reg EEU 654F .
Keith ,yes Stephens and Chambers down Llanvase ,i think when they finished Wool Producers had the yard ,and Dean your South Wales pics certainly stir up a lot of interest ,please keep them coming ! MT

MANTRONIC:

ianto:

kingswinford kit:

Hello Ianto and Keith ,Royal Oak was before my time ,but that Scania 6wheeler waslater converted to an artic .My grandfather says it may have been a demonstrator as it had the Scania Vabis cycle chain motiff on the door , but it was Brecon reg EEU 654F .
Keith ,yes Stephens and Chambers down Llanvase ,i think when they finished Wool Producers had the yard ,and Dean your South Wales pics certainly stir up a lot of interest ,please keep them coming ! MT

Stephen and Chambers last yard was off the roundabout Llandovery side of the bypass up past the industrial estate and the new mart about 1/4 mile on the right .i think Carrs animal feed has the site now

DEANB:
Ancliff Seddon Atkinson.

Rare Dennison of Wilson Generators.

E.J.Masters Seddon Atkinson. Had a depot in South Wales looking at the trailer.

Think it says Jim Pallet on the door of the Foden.

Looks like a Free Foresters Atkinson ■■

C.W.Burch & Sons Marathon heading into Poole docks. Dont remember having one of theres on here

Harvey, i dont remember Dorchester Transport running any Marathons. :open_mouth: I thought they only run
Volvos on artic work. :unamused:

Another Welsh one. Blue Dart Seddon Atkinson.

Thomason’s Saviem.

Richard Read ERF.

CW Burch were from Walberton near Arundel West Sussex

coomsey:
Close Dean, Joe Pallet from Nailstone Leics. Did a short spell for him on a S80tipper 1of 4.Had 20ish motors half tippers. Mostly Foden/Akkies with a few Guys. Did a lot out of Ellistown pipe yard. Slimmed down after the pits closed, down to a few Volvos well blinged up

Thanks for the info “coomsey” :wink:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean,the Foden artic is one of J W Pallett from Nailstone,Leicestershire.

Thanks Chris. :smiley:

Carryfast:
Pete.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramar_plc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramar
farm8.staticflickr.com/7644/169 … c0e2_b.jpg

Thanks for your input Pete and Carryfast. :wink:

JAKEY:
Thank you Dean and Paul for the BRS rental advert . :smiley:

:wink:

Thanks for your comments “kingswinford kit”, “ianto” and “MANTRONIC” :wink:

Tim C:

CW Burch were from Walberton near Arundel West Sussex

Thanks for the info “Tim C” :smiley:

Surprised there were no comments on the Dennison. They were fairly rare not sure how many of them
were actually built.

Harvey did you see my question about Dorchester Transport ? :unamused:

Some odds and sods and adverts.

Click on pages once or twice.

cm volvo bassett 76 ppg.PNG

This was a rare beast. (1979)

ad cm bedford 8 1979.PNG

ad cm bordley ppg.PNG

1. BRS “JAKEY”

brs cm 73 ppg.PNG

One for “moomooland” from 1973.

1978 kestral Transcon.