PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Westfield Transport Scania.

P2190082p.JPG

DHL Iveco.

P6040058p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Scania Transporter.

P6050078p.JPG

R & DA Harris Iveco.

P8130008p.JPG

Wincanton ERF

P8130018p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo ■■?

P8130023.JPG

Gro Continental MAN

P8130028p.JPG

M.K.Morgan tidy Scania.

P8130061p.JPG

McCarthy DAF

P8130072p.JPG

Shell Iveco and Mervyn Thomas Scania following,sounds like a Welsh motor.

P8130073p.JPG

Hi Dean ,Mervyn from north wales ,Westfield are from Cornwall :smiley:

DEANB:
Some more old Fodens.I think these were all taken at Fodens factory as Mark worked there for a while.

The little blue one, TTV 810, has come back from Shipstones Brewery in Nottingham: apart from the Nottingham reg, it has the telltale star logos on the front panels

TTV810 by Len Wright, on Flickr

smallcoal:
Hi Ray,when did Harlesden close ,we used to run can ends from metal box neath to Harlesden every day in my Bedford

Hi John and Ray. Was it Harlesden or Park Royal the address of the Heinz factory?

Harvey ,Re Dave Hedgeman, Mr Gee reminded me of this pic of his Volvo F89 ! Did you sell it to him ■■? :laughing:
[/quote]
Sorry Dean, Mr Gee, Thats to much of an ask.
If it was bought new, then no. if second hand, possibly, but when I was involed his livery was red.
He would have gone for the F89 for the extra power because most of his work was heavy and 1973 was pre F88 290 and we may have lost him if he tried an early 290 later on.
He also had a few Leylands in the early days from my old mucker, Barry Hunt, Lex, Southampton. Harvey

Paul John:

smallcoal:
Hi Ray,when did Harlesden close ,we used to run can ends from metal box neath to Harlesden every day in my Bedford

Hi John and Ray. Was it Harlesden or Park Royal the address of the Heinz factory?

Hi Paul John, When I drove for Robert Baillie of Horndean,Hampshire and loaded at Heinz, Kitt Green, Wigan,
for the London factory, it was always referred to as Harlesden NW10. I never went to Harlesden, as
the Night Trunk drivers would tip and reload at Harlesden on their journey back to Horndean.
At the time, I was a shunter at the Wigan depot of Robert Baillie. From memory, I think that the
Head Office of Heinz was at Hayes, Middlesex.

Kind Regards, Ray.

DEANB:
Westfield Transport Scania.

DHL Iveco.

Anyone recognise the Scania Transporter.

R & DA Harris Iveco.

Wincanton ERF

Anyone recognise the Volvo ■■?

Gro Continental MAN

M.K.Morgan tidy Scania.

McCarthy DAF

Shell Iveco and Mervyn Thomas Scania following,sounds like a Welsh motor.

Hello DEAN ,R D Harris are from Oswestry and that Volvo ,looks if it could be Mike Williams from Wrexham ,thank you Trevor

[/quote]
What a great piece , i`m guessing this was just after the "merger " , but it shows that AEC knew what they had to do. Driver comfort , turbocharging , air suspension were needed to be able to export throughout europe .

smallcoal:
Hi Dean ,Mervyn from north wales ,Westfield are from Cornwall :smiley:

Cheers John. :wink: Westfields i think only run Scanias dont recall ever seeing another make in their fleet.

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Some more old Fodens.I think these were all taken at Fodens factory as Mark worked there for a while.

The little blue one, TTV 810, has come back from Shipstones Brewery in Nottingham: apart from the Nottingham reg, it has the telltale star logos on the front panels.

Thanks for the info and photo Chris. :smiley:

HRS:
Harvey ,Re Dave Hedgeman, Mr Gee reminded me of this pic of his Volvo F89 ! Did you sell it to him ■■? :laughing:

Sorry Dean, Mr Gee, Thats to much of an ask.
If it was bought new, then no. if second hand, possibly, but when I was involed his livery was red.
He would have gone for the F89 for the extra power because most of his work was heavy and 1973 was pre F88 290 and we may have lost him if he tried an early 290 later on.
He also had a few Leylands in the early days from my old mucker, Barry Hunt, Lex, Southampton. Harvey

No worries Harvey, Paul also remembered the Volvo N10 you mentioned apparently it used to park near the
railway station. :wink:

Ray Smyth:
Hi Ray,when did Harlesden close ,we used to run can ends from metal box neath to Harlesden every day in my Bedford.

Hi Paul John, When I drove for Robert Baillie of Horndean,Hampshire and loaded at Heinz, Kitt Green, Wigan,
for the London factory, it was always referred to as Harlesden NW10. I never went to Harlesden, as
the Night Trunk drivers would tip and reload at Harlesden on their journey back to Horndean.
At the time, I was a shunter at the Wigan depot of Robert Baillie. From memory, I think that the
Head Office of Heinz was at Hayes, Middlesex.
Kind Regards, Ray.
[/quote]
Thanks for the input Paul and Ray. :wink:

tastrucker:
R & DA Harris Iveco.

Hello DEAN ,R D Harris are from Oswestry and that Volvo ,looks if it could be Mike Williams from Wrexham ,thank you Trevor

Cheers for the info Trevor. :smiley:

ramone:
What a great piece , i`m guessing this was just after the "merger " , but it shows that AEC knew what they had to do. Driver comfort , turbocharging , air suspension were needed to be able to export throughout europe .

Glad you liked it chap, i thought it was intresting. :smiley: :wink:

Carefoot Transport.

Atki Carefoot.jpg

2017-07-19 21.06.47.jpg

Click on pages twice to read.

1970 clipping.

Allan Lock Transport from Headcorn in Kent.

P8050007.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Smiths Foden tipper.

P4250054p.JPG

Brit European MAN.

P4250108p.JPG

Beline Transport DAF.

P4250050p.JPG

Anyone recognise the first DAF ■■ Bailey Taylor DAF following.

P4250018p.JPG

Hanson Volvo brick carrier.

P4250079p.JPG

E.M.Rogers Volvo.

P4250115p.JPG

Entwisles Foden brick carrier.

P4250129p.JPG

Barrus ERF.

P4250137p.JPG

RSL Distribution Iveco.

P4250156p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Scania 113 ■■?

P4250142p.JPG

Berne Atkinson. I wonder if this is a owner driver looking at the spray job ■■

A03995p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Leyland live stock truck ■■?

A03997p.JPG

PDT Buildings Scania.

A04002p.JPG

Stephens & Chambers ERF bulker from Brecon.

A04293p.JPG

T.S.Thomas & Sons Foden tipper.

A04306p.JPG

Aberthaw Cement Foden from South Wales.

A04305p.JPG

Geo Cooper Scania from Wales.

Another Welsh one. Dyfed Sludge Disposal new Seddon Atkinson.

Blue Circle Cement Routeman.

Thomas Bros ERF. Is that a Welsh one chaps ■■

Hi dean,Westfield are using mercs now as well as scanias I see them when I’m down Cornwall

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DEANB:
We have had a lot of the A series ERF’s on here. I reckon alot of you will have driven one of these.

The bugas went for ever, I never had one breakdown on me, I did lose an exhaust once though.
Medication Dean? I did lose me tablets but have been on a crash course of Sangria and GnTonic for the last fortnight so should be better, bludy quizzes!! :blush: :smiley:

Hi Dean.
I’m almost certain Thomas Brothers were from Wrexham…………… :unamused:

thomasbrothers.jpg

N much appreciated Dean although I’m more of a D series man nowadays :unamused:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

Hi Chris,
Thomas Brother were from Wrexham…they were also a removal company to…when they finished the name was bought along with Casserlys of Shrewsbury and the two names were merged together under the Britannia franchise …went on to be called Thomas Casserlys…I think they finished the Haulage before selling the removal side of the business.

Regards Mark

thomasbrothers.jpg

21472444789_cce4c73500_b.jpg

marktaff:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

Hi Chris,
Thomas Brother were from Wrexham…they were also a removal company to…when they finished the name was bought along with Casserlys of Shrewsbury and the two names were merged together under the Britannia franchise …went on to be called Thomas Casserlys…I think they finished the Haulage before selling the removal side of the business.

Regards Mark

Thanks Mark,I thought I was right,I remember seeing them in the 70s.