PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

gazsa401:
This is an amazing site I’ve seen some photos of my old firm it’s a credit to Paul and DEANB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks “gazsa401” for your comment ! :wink: Who was your old company ■■?

DEANB:

gazsa401:
This is an amazing site I’ve seen some photos of my old firm it’s a credit to Paul and DEANB

Thanks “gazsa401” for your comment ! :wink: Who was your old company ■■?

It was Stirlands of Nottingham there’s a photo on page 9
It looks like a newish SA 400 (in the old livery)pulling a single axle "van trailer"probably loaded with Boots products on a trunk
I had 17 great years at Stirlands and my Dad worked there for 37 years

Here’s another 400 looking a little worn in the later Stirlands livery
Cheers Gary

240 Gardner:

thelongdrag:
Another good old Derbyshire Haulier Dean but that’s a new one on me. Don’t remember any tippers at Findern,that does’nt mean there were none. But as I remember them mostly flats until they went International. I used to see them flying up and down the A6 through Cromford as a lad usually loaded with asphalt blocks from Matlock. A N.Jeffries Calender Picture of one of the 1950s Atkinsons. Mike.

The very same lorry, clinging precariously to its existence in a very well-known lorry graveyard:
Atkinson URB 822 by Shaun Ballisat, on Flickr

Interesting shot that. Certainly clinging on if it’s still there. Some good pics.,on Shaun Ballisats Flickr site. :slight_smile: Mike.

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Alot of borderer’s around today.

Kwik save Borderer

And the problem is? :smiley:

Although, the Kwik Save motor isn’t one of them… It’s had the later mirror arms put on, but the plate gives it away as a Mk.2 Silver Knight

I don’t remember seeing a Kwik Save Atki, although I do remember them having Motor Panels-cabbed Seddons, with their plain black cabs

Thanks for all of your comments “240 Gardner” much appreciated ! :wink: :smiley:

8LXBV8BRIAN:
I have a photo of the Marsden Daf but new computa wont let me post it. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: - :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Frustrating chap,especially with a new computer !! :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink:

Bewick:
I’m busy!! Not retired and sitting in my counting house, like a certain Westmorland man :wink:

I do play all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order, especially at the end of the evening hic!hic! Anon 1.
[/quote]
:laughing:

gazsa401:

Yes we are lucky that Paul took all these great pics and even luckier that he is sharing them with us ! :wink: :smiley:

thelongdrag:

240 Gardner:

thelongdrag:
Another good old Derbyshire Haulier Dean but that’s a new one on me. Don’t remember any tippers at Findern,that does’nt mean there were none. But as I remember them mostly flats until they went International. I used to see them flying up and down the A6 through Cromford as a lad usually loaded with asphalt blocks from Matlock. A N.Jeffries Calender Picture of one of the 1950s Atkinsons. Mike.

The very same lorry, clinging precariously to its existence in a very well-known lorry graveyard:
Atkinson URB 822 by Shaun Ballisat, on Flickr

Interesting shot that. Certainly clinging on if it’s still there. Some good pics.,on Shaun Ballisats Flickr site. :slight_smile: Mike.

Thanks for the pic Mike ! :wink:

Todays pics.

Looks like some of these were taken in Southampton.

Vitbe ERF

CN0029.JPG

CN0030.JPG

CN0034.JPG

Swifts for service F88

CO0003.JPG

Lowdell Bros,Dagenham F88

CO0004.JPG

Elddis F88

CO0008.JPG

Pioneer DAF

CO0009.JPG

Marco Gracia Pegaso.

CO0016.JPG

CO0017.JPG

CO0027.JPG

T.Brady DAF

CO0021.JPG

Samuel Williams MAN

CQ0016.JPG

Andre Teston Berliet

CQ0025.JPG

Transcon demonstrator

CQ0028.JPG

Claben Mercedes.

CQ0030.JPG

Bennett transport F88

CQ0031.JPG

Hall aggragates Routeman

CQ0033 - Copy (3).JPG

Marculeta Maggie

CQ0034.JPG

C.J.Howe Plant, Wellington DAF

CQ0035.JPG

ECC Quarries ERF

CU0010.JPG

CN0030.JPGM6 looking North towards Junction 19 the slip road in the foreground is for Knutsford Services

View today.

CN0034.JPGA556 South of Northwich were it crosses the River Weaver.

View today

Paul certainly got about on his travels. :smiley:

Great photos Paul hope there are more to come-for myself it was a blast from the past with the photo of the C.V.A. Roadfreight F88. C.V.A. [Charles Vincent Armstrong] was from L’ Derry and had a warehouse on the corner of Strand Rd and Letterkenny Rd but later moved to the old BSR warehouse at Drumahoe [a village on the outskirts of L’ Derry]. My first time to the UK was in 1968 as a 15 year old riding shotgun with a neighbour in a AEC Mandator pulling a C.V.A. van going to Manchester where we tipped [all handball] and reloaded in Manchester Fruit Market again all handball. In 1968 C.V.A. was running a few KM Bedfords moving on to AEC Mercury’s-Mandators [one being a infamous V8] then ERF Asrs-F88’s and 111 SCANIA’s. In the early 70’s they worked in Co-Operation with Marshall’s of Bullwell Nottingham but sold out to Inter-County Express who I think became part of TNT.

nigel2012:
In the early 70’s they worked in Co-Operation with Marshall’s of Bullwell Nottingham but sold out to Inter-County Express who I think became part of TNT.

If I remember rightly, Inter County Express was the foundation of TNT’s operations in the UK, and was sold to them by John Dickinson, who later went on to form Greenline Carriers in Burnley

For many years, the Telex answerback code for TNT at Ramsbottom was TNTICE

TNT = Thomas Nationwide Transport, founded in Australia

Hi Deanb
The pic of the ford transcontinental reg no jcr199p was my old truck I did many miles to Italy in that truck it had a non turbo engine a 252 ■■■■■■■■ up rated to a 275 it was blue with white bottom half

DEAN I had a near miss with a truck picture you posted of Sibley’s on container haulage but the one you posted was a N reg and I thought they only had one Volvo but I had OTR 37M which they also ran, one day, one day we may get lucky, Buzzer.

gingerfold:

Unless it changed its name once it went world wide I’ve always known it as Thomas National Transport or unless the signwriter on this Comet combination got it wrong!

Frankydobo:
Unless it changed its name once it went world wide I’ve always known it as Thomas National Transport or unless the signwriter on this Comet combination got it wrong!

Hi Franky Im sure you are right on this one, Although a lot of people thought it was explosives :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Cant remember,but someone was after photos of Waugh transport ? I think it may have been Kev ■■? someone ■■

Lawrence Dunbar:

Frankydobo:

Hi Franky Im sure you are right on this one, Although a lot of people thought it was explosives :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Started by Ken Thomas in Australia in 1946, owner driver, rapid expansion as Thomas National Transport, name changed in May 1958 to Thomas Nationwide Transport, but more usually known by its initials TNT.

In TNT home country, the TF 86 was also popular.

DEANB:
Cant remember,but someone was after photos of Waugh transport ? I think it may have been Kev ■■? someone ■■

If I remember correctly, having seen that photo before the F86 charging down the hill in the back ground is one of Henderson & Crawford’s from Haltwhistle which went on to become J D Crawford & Co Ltd. I’m sure I was told the driver was Malcolm Crawford, who is Dennis Crawford’s brother.

nigel2012:
Great photos Paul hope there are more to come-for myself it was a blast from the past with the photo of the C.V.A. Roadfreight F88. C.V.A. [Charles Vincent Armstrong] was from L’ Derry and had a warehouse on the corner of Strand Rd and Letterkenny Rd but later moved to the old BSR warehouse at Drumahoe [a village on the outskirts of L’ Derry]. My first time to the UK was in 1968 as a 15 year old riding shotgun with a neighbour in a AEC Mandator pulling a C.V.A. van going to Manchester where we tipped [all handball] and reloaded in Manchester Fruit Market again all handball. In 1968 C.V.A. was running a few KM Bedfords moving on to AEC Mercury’s-Mandators [one being a infamous V8] then ERF Asrs-F88’s and 111 SCANIA’s. In the early 70’s they worked in Co-Operation with Marshall’s of Bullwell Nottingham but sold out to Inter-County Express who I think became part of TNT.

Nigel2012, Well now Paul commented about the fact that this is only your 5th post since 2012 ! :open_mouth:
I told him it was probably due to the fact that you had just been released from prison ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: Only joking ! Thanks for the information and Nigel dont leave it so long till your next post ! :smiley: If you have any pics please feel free to pop them on ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

240 Gardner:

nigel2012:
In the early 70’s they worked in Co-Operation with Marshall’s of Bullwell Nottingham but sold out to Inter-County Express who I think became part of TNT.

If I remember rightly, Inter County Express was the foundation of TNT’s operations in the UK, and was sold to them by John Dickinson, who later went on to form Greenline Carriers in Burnley

For many years, the Telex answerback code for TNT at Ramsbottom was TNTICE

Thanks for your comments “240Gardner” :wink:

gingerfold:

Thanks Graham, i never knew that is what it stood for ! :smiley:

ron huntley:
Hi Deanb
The pic of the ford transcontinental reg no jcr199p was my old truck I did many miles to Italy in that truck it had a non turbo engine a 252 ■■■■■■■■ up rated to a 275 it was blue with white bottom half

Mr Ron Huntley, nice to here from you chap ! :smiley: Havent heard from you for ages ?
Hope you are keeping well Ron,we used to chat about Italy as i remember ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
If you have a pic of the Transcon,pop them on here Ron . :wink:

Buzzer:
DEAN I had a near miss with a truck picture you posted of Sibley’s on container haulage but the one you posted was a N reg and I thought they only had one Volvo but I had OTR 37M which they also ran, one day, one day we may get lucky, Buzzer.

Thanks for your comments Buzzer ! One will turn up eventually Buzzer, i am sure ! But i dont think there
is one of yours in the first 4,500 pics as Paul as catalogued them. However he has another 40,000 to catalogue so i am pretty confident some of yours will turn up eventually chap,just will take a while !
Having said that you may spot one you have sold on, you never know ! :unamused: :smiley: :laughing: :wink:

moomooland:

gingerfold:

Thanks for the pic Paul ! :wink:

Frankydobo:

Thanks for the pic “Frankydobo” :wink:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Frankydobo:

Thanks for your input Larry ! :wink:

gingerfold:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Frankydobo:

Started by Ken Thomas in Australia in 1946, owner driver, rapid expansion as Thomas National Transport, name changed in May 1958 to Thomas Nationwide Transport, but more usually known by its initials TNT.

Thanks Graham. :smiley:

michel:
In TNT home country, the TF 86 was also popular.

Cheers “michel” quality product chap ! :smiley: :wink:

KevinF88:

DEANB:
Cant remember,but someone was after photos of Waugh transport ?
I think it may have been Kev ■■? someone ■■

If I remember correctly, having seen that photo before the F86 charging down the hill in the back ground is one of Henderson & Crawford’s from Haltwhistle which went on to become J D Crawford & Co Ltd. I’m sure I was told the driver was Malcolm Crawford, who is Dennis Crawford’s brother.

Thanks “KevinF88” (Fine name :smiley: ) Thanks for your comment ! :laughing: :wink: