PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

atlas man:
The car overtaking the seddon atki could be a lancia beta

I think it is a Talbot Alpine ?
Regards John.

Hi Dean,the Guy has a Isle of Man MN reg,not sure who the operator is though.
The same wagon has been on here before…………

iom45.JPG

iom139.JPG

atlas man:

Brave driving a Lancia Beta in the rain, let’s hope the driver got to his destination before the car dissolved :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

atlas man:
The car overtaking the Seddon Atkinson could be a Lancia Beta

It is. I’ve had a few of those, all very old, all of them less rusty than Fords or Vauxhalls of similar vintage. If you got a good one, they were superb cars- as well built as a Merc, cheaper than a Marina to buy new.

As they were Leyland agents at the time Gilbraiths ran plenty of these Marathons back in the day.

Operated by Gilbraith Tankers of Accrington this Leyland Marathon 2 4X2 tractor unit Reg No YCK 84V
was registered new to Gilbraiths in March 1980.

Powered by a Rolls Royce 265L engine and looking a little worse for wear it is seen here towards the end of
it’s working life in Gilbraiths depot at Accrington in 1987.

In May 2006 Hargreaves (Bulk Liquid Transport) Ltd acquired the business of Gilbraith Tankers Ltd for £2 million.

Photograph courtesy of Gilbraiths driver the late Peter Davison.

atlas man:

Thanks for the name “atlas man” :wink:

moomooland:
Some cracking pictures this morning Dean. :smiley:
RTS stood for Runcorn Transport Services.
In October 1963 Runcorn Transport Services Ltd. and of its associated companies, Weston Tippers 'Ltd. and R.T.S. Warehousing Ltd, were acquired by the Transport Development Group Ltd.
After the becoming part of the TDG group they still retained their original livery.
Here’s one of their Leyland Marathons passing through Archway London in July 1975.
One of Runcorn Transport Services tankers but carrying the address of their London depot and in ICI Mond Division orange and white livery.
The solvents listed on the side of the tanker were used for dry cleaning which were produced in Runcorn.

Thanks for the comments Paul and photos,top man. :smiley: :wink:

atlas man:

:wink:

5thwheel:
Cartlidges Haulage Seddon Atkinson.

Hi Dean,
Cartlidges Haulage were from Altrincham,Cheshire,still active,but in property only,no longer in haulage.
David

They sound like a very sensible company David, buying property cant go wrong. :smiley: :wink:

old 67:

atlas man:

I think it is a Talbot Alpine ?
Regards John.

Thanks John,but apparently its a Lancia chap. :wink:

Chris Webb:

Unlike you not to know the company Chris !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

andrewv8:

atlas man:

Brave driving a Lancia Beta in the rain, let’s hope the driver got to his destination before the car dissolved :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Thanks for your comments “andrewv8” :laughing: :wink:

[zb]
anorak:

atlas man:

It is. I’ve had a few of those, all very old, all of them less rusty than Fords or Vauxhalls of similar vintage. If you got a good one, they were superb cars- as well built as a Merc, cheaper than a Marina to buy new.

Thanks for your input “anorak” :laughing:

moomooland:
As they were Leyland agents at the time Gilbraiths ran plenty of these Marathons back in the day.
Operated by Gilbraith Tankers of Accrington this Leyland Marathon 2 4X2 tractor unit Reg No YCK 84V
was registered new to Gilbraiths in March 1980.
Powered by a Rolls Royce 265L engine and looking a little worse for wear it is seen here towards the end of
it’s working life in Gilbraiths depot at Accrington in 1987.
In May 2006 Hargreaves (Bulk Liquid Transport) Ltd acquired the business of Gilbraith Tankers Ltd for £2 million.
Photograph courtesy of Gilbraiths driver the late Peter Davison.

:confused:

More good stuff Paul,nice pic. :smiley: :wink:

Priors F88 loaded with scrap. This picture brings back some memories as they used to regularly load
out of Corbins scrapyard just outside of Wimborne. Used to park up in Wimborne centre over night
when there was a lorry park. That is not one of there normal trailers they used to normally have the
much taller bulkers for scrap and that load looks a bit iffy on that trailer. Cant remember where Priors
were based ■■

Charles Eady Volvo F88 bulker.

Chew Bros Seddon Atkinson. Not sure if we have had one of these before,anyone know where they
were based ■■

Think its a Massey Bros Seddon Atkinson working for Welco Feeds ■■ Anyone know if thats right ?

Amoco Roadtrain tanker.

Tidy Scania of S.J.Bargh from Caton. Pretty sure we havent had one of theirs on here before.

Dont think we have had one of these on before ? Possibly a owner driver,Chick Crossley DAF bulker.
Cant see where its from. Whats the box all about under the chassis ■■? Never seen anything like
that on a bulker ■■

Ashcrofts Atkinson. Cant remember seeing one of these before.Anyone know where they were based ?

Buckley Tankers Atkinson.

Possibly Evers Transport like the Atkinson tipper i posted yesterday ,looks very similar ■■?

Chris Webb:

Unlike you not to know the company Chris !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Morning Dean.
I’ve only lived in Isle of Man for 13 years so that wagon is long gone.I’ve asked a local Manx friend of mine and he’s not sure of the owner either.Photos were taken in Douglas and Ballasalla.

Cant remember where Priors were based ■■” I think it was Middle Barton, Oxon, defo in that area.
Oily

oiltreader:
Cant remember where Priors were based ■■” I think it was Middle Barton, Oxon, defo in that area.
Oily

Was it Hurstpoint Tarrant ? Buzzer

Hi Dean,
Massey Brothers are still based at Cranage near Holmes Chapel, they also bought out Hunts at Great Haywood Staffs

L3490p.JPG

Dean,
Chick Crossley’s motors moved animal by-products and that tank under the trailer caught the blood and snot!

L3571p.JPG

Buckley Tankers were from Howley Lane, Warrington,I used to fill up there int 70s when I worked for A E Evans.They had a big mixed fleet,general as well as tankers.I think they were absorbed into TDG but not too sure about that. :confused:

buckley1.JPG

Buzzer:

oiltreader:
Oily

Was it Hurstpoint Tarrant ? Buzzer

Hi Buzzer, do you mean Hurstbourne Tarrant, loaded Comet wagon and drag 1st gear low up that hill heading south, happy days, anyway Priors were definitely Oxon, one of the Bartons or mebbe Steeple Aston.
Oily

L3706p.JPG
VS02080.jpg
Could have been me in different colours. 180 ,6sp n thump along all day lol

Good afternoon DeanB,

The Foden Sandbach pic earlier on - that has to be a very rare coach, Foden chassis with what looks like VanHool bodywork?

Any of our bus/coach experts able to advise?

Ed

EDTRUCK:
Good afternoon DeanB,

The Foden Sandbach pic earlier on - that has to be a very rare coach, Foden chassis with what looks like VanHool bodywork?

Ed

Looks a bit like a '70s Van Hool coach, as you say, but with flat front glass and quarterlights. I wonder if the chassis is Foden-built, or they just glued the contemporary Foden front onto a bus?

Equally remarkable- the Foden front panel/grille is late '70s to late '80s, yet there is an S18 lorry next to it, seemingly still in use.

EDTRUCK:
Good afternoon DeanB,

Ed

TruckNetUK . Paul Gee’s Photo Collection . Page 268 or 269 . Foden Motorcoach . VALKYRIE . Monday,24th September,2018.

Foden 4XB6/16B/Northern Counties C33F Motorcoach,Chassis No.100010,Body No.8504, HRF 427V,June 1980. Foden Motor Works Band Motorcoach. Pinterest,Chris Hall. 1#

Built as a motorcoach to transport the Foden Motor Works Band,passed on to the Rhyl Football Club.Last licensed in March 1989.Became a Hippies
motorhome in mid Wales.

VALKYRIE

[zb]
anorak:

EDTRUCK:
Good afternoon DeanB,

Ed

Looks a bit like a '70s Van Hool coach, as you say, but with flat front glass and quarterlights. I wonder if the chassis is Foden-built, or they just glued the contemporary Foden front onto a bus?

Equally remarkable- the Foden front panel/grille is late '70s to late '80s, yet there is an S18 lorry next to it, seemingly still in use.

I think it’s the 1980 Reg. Foden Works Band coach with a Northern Counties body. ( mind you, I thought that Lancia Beta was a Talbot Alpine !! :blush: )

Regards John.

I thought Priors were based in Steeple Aston, Oily, but it was somewhere between Banbury and Oxford, so that narrows it down. lol