PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

marktaff:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Mercedes arriving at Poole docks ■■ Fridge looks like it has a distinctive blue strip ■■

BRS DAF.

Gibbs ERF.

Budget Bedford.

Some new Fodens.

Greenwoods DAF in Poole.They used to collect alot of trailer from Poole docks
loaded with Zanussi washing machines.

Little Canford Haulage from Wimborne. Long gone now the owner used to run about 5 rigids
from a garage that is still going in Wimborne.

Unusual shot. A bit before my time chaps,think its a Leyland or Albion ■■?

Anyone recognise the GUY,think its Isle of Man,so Chris may know ■■

Edwards of Hull Crusader.

Hi Dean,
The BRS DAF here is coming out of the old entrance to Swansea dock…it’s pulling a B + I line trailer…B + I used Swansea dock for freight from Ireland back in the late 70s early 80s. …Morris Bros were the main contractor though.

Regards Mark

Hello DEAN and Mark …yes i can remember Morris Bros doing that work …a mate of mine has got a shot of Foden S40 ECY 614K …he also did scrap in and out of Neath Abbey wharf…big fleet they had with Scammells as well …they also had a unusual Dennis artic …Joint Motorways also had one …Geraint

The ERF is wearing the colours of Walsh’s from Haslington, bit of a strange one because they tended to hold on to their vehicles but also kept them tidy.

DEANB:
Blue Water Saviem.

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?
Looks Ex Wilson King flour they had that style headboard they are based in Liverpool looks like a Carmichael of Worcester tank cheers Keith

Royal Signals Marathon.

Bootham Engineers Bedford.

Elsby tired looking Foden.

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■?

British Airways ERF.

Eastham Burco Seddon Atkinson.

Lely Import DAF.

Roy Pitchford Seddon Atkinson.

DEANB:
Blue Water Saviem.

Royal Signals Marathon.

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■? It looks like S&H McCall from Glasgow

British Airways ERF.

Lely Import DAF.

SCANTASTIC:

DEANB:
Blue Water Saviem.

Royal Signals Marathon.

British Airways ERF.

Lely Import DAF.

Morning Dean,
Thanks for the Western brs Daf photo,
My gut feeling says it would be Swansea or Carmarthen based but that MWS R prefix was scattered amongst lots of Western depots.
Bridgend had 4 Dafs that year.Here is 1 in the new colours in the ranks.
Dai

scania81:

SCANTASTIC:

DEANB:
Blue Water Saviem.

Royal Signals Marathon.

British Airways ERF.

Lely Import DAF.

Morning Dean,
My gut feeling says it would be Swansea or Carmarthen based but that MWS R prefix was scattered amongst lots of Western depots.
Dai

This is another Bridgend Daf with the old colours Dean.

Chris Webb:

newmercman:
That Scania looks to be in the colours of a firm out of the Teesside area, I think they were called Robinson? They ran a good few S ride F10s in later years.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Aye,F and F Robinson newmercman,they had some half cab Fodens years ago. The Scania has a GB Glasgow plate but I don’t recognise the livery from that area.I know somebody who might know it. :smiley:

That’s the ones Chris, they did a fair bit of Coca Cola work. They used to trunk 5 Alive juice down to the warehouse of a firm I worked for. The lorries were nothing fancy, but always clean and tidy.

kenfig bill:

marktaff:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Mercedes arriving at Poole docks ■■ Fridge looks like it has a distinctive blue strip ■■

BRS DAF.

40266370905_56b9b87cbd.jpg

Gibbs ERF.

Budget Bedford.

Some new Fodens.

Greenwoods DAF in Poole.They used to collect alot of trailer from Poole docks
loaded with Zanussi washing machines.

Little Canford Haulage from Wimborne. Long gone now the owner used to run about 5 rigids
from a garage that is still going in Wimborne.

Unusual shot. A bit before my time chaps,think its a Leyland or Albion ■■?

Anyone recognise the GUY,think its Isle of Man,so Chris may know ■■

Edwards of Hull Crusader.

Hi Dean,
The BRS DAF here is coming out of the old entrance to Swansea dock…it’s pulling a B + I line trailer…B + I used Swansea dock for freight from Ireland back in the late 70s early 80s. …Morris Bros were the main contractor though.

Regards Mark

Hello DEAN and Mark …yes i can remember Morris Bros doing that work …a mate of mine has got a shot of Foden S40 ECY 614K …he also did scrap in and out of Neath Abbey wharf…big fleet they had with Scammells as well …they also had a unusual Dennis artic …Joint Motorways also had one …Geraint

Hi Geraint,
Yes i also remember the scrap in and out of Neath Abbey Wharf to…I would always go with my father on a Saturday morning load out of the Wharf up to the Spencer works then in Newport…then scrap back to the Wharf…the Foden S40 ECY 614K you mention here my father drove for a while on that scrap run…he also drove a Scammell Routeman TWN 47H for a while on the coal runs…I also remember the Dennis they had it pulled those single axle bulker trailers along with the Bedford KMs they had.
Attaching a photo of ECY 614K it’s not mine but hope who it belongs to don’t mind me posting it, also the Bedford KMs I mentioned alongside it.

Regards Mark

DEANB:

Mark R:
Another great selection… Particularly the contrast between the immaculate ERF of Coates and the tatty old MAN of Paul Rea. She’s certainly been worked hard.

Paul will appreciate your comments Mark ! :wink:

tastrucker:
Cadwallader Scania

Hi Dean missed this photo another great shot don’t remember that trailer though that’s Fred driving that the signew righting was wrong on these and lighter shade of green more please
Cheers Ian.
Hello Ian i can remember your fathers wagons at GKN Hadley loadind scrap ,Did you ever come up to Shotton ? thank you Trevor .

Thanks for your comment Trevor. :smiley:

Hi Trevor thanks don’t know if tok scrap to Shotton but my Dad did go there a lot from quarry near loggerheads did a lot of scrap to Brymbo

Cheers Ian uk

revman:

DEANB:
J.Jackson & Sons Volvo F88 a great pic of Jacksons F88 with a load of pickled & oiled strip out of Brinsworth strip mill Rotherham

Thanks “revman” :smiley:

ERF-NGC-European:
Isn’t this the one Jimski drove? He made a prize-winning 1:24 model of it, on display at Gaydon last weekend. Robert

Morning Robert,
Jimski told me the Scammell was purchased secondhand by Meachers and was a horrible dull green in colour so Meaches put some stickers on it and sent it to work! Not sure if it was sprayed in the fleet colours later? Cheer’s Pete.
Thanks Pete! Robert

Thanks Pete & Robert. :wink:

grumpy old man:
Click on pages twice to view.

:smiley: :smiley: My younger brother (now retired) was a senior engineer/inspector with VOSA for many years, I used the threaten him with physical violence if he ever came near my lorry or car with his bloody ‘tapping hammer’. The bar steward once told me the spacing was wrong on my car number plates…“Pi*s off”
He was (and is) a great guy, but when he was doing his job :unamused: …let’s just say he had a reputation…and it wasn’t complimentary.

:laughing: :laughing:

MaggieD:
Albion ■■ Anyone recognise it.

A.C.L. Maggie.

Cahalin Volvo F10.
Hi Dean,
The Albion is Charltons of Funtley Fareham Hampshire
The Maggie is one of Pitters in customers colours.
Colin Cahalin was an owner driver based in Southampton,
Once again many thanks for all your hard work on this thread,and the brilliant photo’s Paul took.
Regards,Richard

Thanks for the company names and also your comments Richard. :smiley: :wink:

moomooland:
Brain Haulage DAF 2800 4x2 tractor unit Reg No WVX 182S was registered new in January 1978.
Here’s another shot of WVX 182S hauling a couple of twenty foot containers.

Thanks for the pic Paul. :smiley:

CJA1:
Brain Haulage

Thanks for the Marathon pic “CJA1” :smiley:

newmercman:
That Scania looks to be in the colours of a firm out of the Teesside area, I think they were called Robinson? They ran a good few S ride F10s in later years.

Thanks for the name. :wink:

Chris Webb:
Aye,F and F Robinson newmercman,they had some half cab Fodens years ago. The Scania has a GB Glasgow plate but I don’t recognise the livery from that area.I know somebody who might know it. :smiley:

:laughing:

kenfig bill:
Hi Dean,
The BRS DAF here is coming out of the old entrance to Swansea dock…it’s pulling a B + I line trailer…B + I used Swansea dock for freight from Ireland back in the late 70s early 80s. …Morris Bros were the main contractor though. Regards Mark

Thanks for your comments Geraint. :wink:

Limey:
The ERF is wearing the colours of Walsh’s from Haslington, bit of a strange one because they tended to hold on to their vehicles but also kept them tidy.

Thanks for the name “Limey” :wink:

FLOURPOWER:
Looks Ex Wilson King flour they had that style headboard they are based in Liverpool looks like a Carmichael of Worcester tank cheers Keith

Thanks for the name “FLOURPOWER”. Looks like Walsh’s and Wilson King must have had very similar
colour chemes ■■? :unamused: :wink:

SCANTASTIC:
Anyone recognise the Scania ■■? It looks like S&H McCall from Glasgow.

Thanks for the name “SCANTASTIC” :smiley:

scania81:
Morning Dean,
Dai

This is another Bridgend Daf with the old colours Dean.
[/quote]
Thanks for the comments and photos of the BRS DAF’s Dai. :smiley: :wink:

marktaff:

Hi Geraint,
Yes i also remember the scrap in and out of Neath Abbey Wharf to…I would always go with my father on a Saturday morning load out of the Wharf up to the Spencer works then in Newport…then scrap back to the Wharf…the Foden S40 ECY 614K you mention here my father drove for a while on that scrap run…he also drove a Scammell Routeman TWN 47H for a while on the coal runs…I also remember the Dennis they had it pulled those single axle bulker trailers along with the Bedford KMs they had.
Attaching a photo of ECY 614K it’s not mine but hope who it belongs to don’t mind me posting it, also the Bedford KMs I mentioned alongside it.
Regards Mark
[/quote]
Thanks for your comments Mark,good looking Foden in your photo ! :smiley:

Heres some BRS trucks “marktaff and JAKEY” :wink:

Click on pages twice.

J.R.Slater & Sons F88 pulling a Whitbread tanker.

A02365.JPG

P & O Roadways ERF .Chris will like that one.

A02229.JPG

Lucas Girling Bedford TM.

A02252.JPG

Transport Services UK Dodge.

A02305.JPG

Fine Art Developments Foden.

A02306p.JPG

Sea Bea Transport Scania.

A02346.JPG

W.Allport & Son Dodge.

A02347.JPG

RGB Stainless Roman.

A02352.JPG

London Scottish FIAT.

A02354.JPG

Santa Fe Transcon.

A02355.JPG

Thank you DEANB for the BRS photos, the Roadtrain was a Swindon vehicle and did a lot of shows when it was new , REG Number A636SOU , At Oxford we had A638, 639 ,640 and 641 .

Pictured is A638SOU fleet number TAG171 , Jock Fulton had this from new and kept it like in the photo , it got trashed after he went on the Vetrox contract with a ERF E6 rigid ,second photo is how it ended up ,in a right mess .

171 pictured at Wallingford ,used by every one and wrecked .

1934282_1246105519876_7028877_n.jpg

Chris Webb:

newmercman:

I can see what you both mean by F&F Robinson, but I have another suggestion. I think it could be N T Whitfield from Stockton, they are still in business. It’s the silver/grey band around the windows and the load, in those days they did a lot of work for BSC Hartlepool tube mill that makes me think that. Perhaps a suitably aged Teesider could adjudicate.

ACD1202, I wish you had said that before Chris popped up. That’s the firm I was thinking of, Whitfield not Robinson. After all that the lorry in question probably belongs to neither firm lol

newmercman:
ACD1202, I wish you had said that before Chris popped up. That’s the firm I was thinking of, Whitfield not Robinson. After all that the lorry in question probably belongs to neither firm lol

It’s been suggested further back in the thread that it’s one of S and H McCall’s of Glasgow which would tie it in with the GB Glasgow plate. :smiley:

Hahaha I knew it!

If only we had full 3D imaging, then we could turn the pic 90` and read the name on the door.

No doubt that will soon be a thing, although with everyone running plain white lorries now, it won’t be the same.