PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Talking of Princes in Southampton. I can only ever remember them being a Volvo dealer. However i found
this in a old AEC magazine from 1962 and they were AEC dealers back then.

Click on page once. Cant remember seeing the word commodious before ! :laughing:

DEANB:
USA trucking,from 1977.

Great old school American stuff.

pete 359:

Buzzer:
Dean you jangled a bell in my memory cells with the J&J Transport F7, now then I might be barking mad but I have a strong feeling that was a company run by John Dean from Salisbury now running as J.C Dean who do mainly bulk haulage, please can any one else tell me if my hunch is right especially as the colour scheme made me look harder hope some one else remembers, cheers Buzzer.

good morning all,
Buzzer,your not going mad,your dead right in my opinion.I’ve known the Dean family for quite a few years and i remember John telling me about the trucks being painted green and that company being formed.
regards Andrew.

J&J were from Cirencester. I don’t know about any connection with JC Dean so you both may well be right. Unusual to see one with a flat because they mostly did bulk grain and animal feed. A long time ago but from memory they only had 6 or 8 motors, most if not all Volvo’s. F88’s and F10’s with one or two F7s. They used to run the F7’s with triaxle bulkers at 36 tonnes - the theory being they could carry about the same payload as the bigger units but, boy, were they slow on any sort of hill. A tidy little fleet in the green and yellow colours :slight_smile:

Hi Dean
The blue Scania is shorco as in trench piles & supports etc

Cheers
Rich

Carryfast:

DEANB:
USA trucking,from 1977.

Great old school American stuff.

Lot more American stuff to go on Carryfast. :smiley:

Piston broke:

pete 359:

Buzzer:
Dean you jangled a bell in my memory cells with the J&J Transport F7, now then I might be barking mad but I have a strong feeling that was a company run by John Dean from Salisbury now running as J.C Dean who do mainly bulk haulage, please can any one else tell me if my hunch is right especially as the colour scheme made me look harder hope some one else remembers, cheers Buzzer.

good morning all,
Buzzer,your not going mad,your dead right in my opinion.I’ve known the Dean family for quite a few years and i remember John telling me about the trucks being painted green and that company being formed.
regards Andrew.

J&J were from Cirencester. I don’t know about any connection with JC Dean so you both may well be right. Unusual to see one with a flat because they mostly did bulk grain and animal feed. A long time ago but from memory they only had 6 or 8 motors, most if not all Volvo’s. F88’s and F10’s with one or two F7s. They used to run the F7’s with triaxle bulkers at 36 tonnes - the theory being they could carry about the same payload as the bigger units but, boy, were they slow on any sort of hill. A tidy little fleet in the green and yellow colours :slight_smile:

Thanks for your comments Piston broke. :wink:

tribsa:
Hi Dean
The blue Scania is shorco as in trench piles & supports etc
Cheers Rich

Thanks for the name Rich. :wink:

Viridor ERF

DCP_0866p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Mercedes ■■

DCP_1155p.JPG

Swift Volvo

DCP_1163p.JPG

Heltor DAF tanker. I know its different colours but is this Heltor the same as the tippers one below
or just a coincidence that they have the same name ■■?

DCP_1157p.JPG

P1001820p.JPG

Evans Transport Volvo

DCP_0971p.JPG

C Crook & Son Volvo

DCP_1088p.JPG

Waitrose DAF

DCP_1104p.JPG

Ginsters DAF

DCP_1207p.JPG

P & P International Iveco

DCP_1177p.JPG

We have had a fair few Seddon Atkinson 400 eight wheelers on here.

AS02.JPG

AU07.JPG

AU33.JPG

AW010108.JPG

paulgee seddon8w.jpg

paulgee seddon8.jpg

BA0032.JPG

A00155.JPG

A00213.JPG

A00280.JPG

Seddon Atkinson 400 eight wheelers.

Click on pages twice to read.

Catto Marathon. Popped an article on about Catto back on page 123.

A03687p.JPG

Anyone recognise the F10 ■■?

A03670p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Berliet ■■?

A03701p.JPG

Elliotts Foden from Poole.

A03715p.JPG

Anyone recognise the colours of the ERF from Hereford ■■?

A03722p.JPG

Car Transporters Roadtrain.

A03717.JPG

Bowker Bros Scania

A03730p.JPG

Pilkington MAN tanker.

A03733p.JPG

Premier haulage Renault.

A03726p.JPG

Blue Dart GUY.

Guy.JPG

Morning dean ,the yellow merc is Hewson plant hire they do portacabins as well,some Seddons tdw courtesy of Ron and courtesy to whoever the jr pics belong to ,the tdw seddon was driven by mark Williams ,Shane Williams the rugby players father cheers John

image.jpeg

Morning all,
Buzzer, you have got my head in a spin this morning with the JC Dean F7.
John had a few F7’s but for the life of me i can not recall this name, his son Jason had a different sign and so did his old, ex partner in the company.
John started as an O/D for Savills in Salisbury operating out of there yard on the Southampton road and grew from there.
His trucks were brown, later came the yellow chassis then back to brown.
He also ran E10 and later EC10 units, I will try and make contact with him and report back. Harvey

john deans f88.jpg

DEANB:
Talking of Princes in Southampton. I can only ever remember them being a Volvo dealer. However i found

Click on page once. Cant remember seeing the word commodious before ! :laughing:

Hi Dean this is a picture of a Mandator with AV760 engine I bought from Princes, it was ex Harp larger from Alton and this was about 1976ish. When I was looking round it prior to buying I noticed the fuel gauge on the side of the 75 gallon tank read full and thought it was broken but oh no, apparently when Harp sold a motor they always filled them up before leaving quite the opposite today eh, also all the jack and wheel brace were present and a pair of ear defenders, a grand was the price paid and a good old motor, cheers Buzzer.

Dean,

The yellow Merc is Hewden,they were quite a large plant hire co,went bump last year,IIRC owing £240M!

Great pictures,keep up the good work!

David

A03722p.JPG
The green ERF belonged to Excelsior Plastics in Hereford. They had a factory in Holland IIRC - and also ran a 2800 Daf with a tilt trailer.
I don’t remember this flat roof Erf, but I do recall a high roof B series.
Keith

DEANB:
Viridor ERF

The yellow beaver-tailed Merc belongs to Hewden Hire, a national firm of contractors’ plant hirers.

smallcoal:
Morning dean ,the yellow merc is Hewson plant hire they do portacabins as well,some Seddons tdw courtesy of Ron and courtesy to whoever the jr pics belong to ,the tdw seddon was driven by mark Williams ,Shane Williams the rugby players father cheers John
[/quote

Hello John,nice pics thanks for posting chap ! :smiley: :wink:

HRS:
Morning all,
Buzzer, you have got my head in a spin this morning with the JC Dean F7.
John had a few F7’s but for the life of me i can not recall this name, his son Jason had a different sign and so did his old, ex partner in the company.
John started as an O/D for Savills in Salisbury operating out of there yard on the Southampton road and grew from there.
His trucks were brown, later came the yellow chassis then back to brown.
He also ran E10 and later EC10 units, I will try and make contact with him and report back. Harvey

Thanks for your comments Harvey. :wink:

Buzzer:

DEANB:

Hi Dean this is a picture of a Mandator with AV760 engine I bought from Princes, it was ex Harp larger from Alton and this was about 1976ish. When I was looking round it prior to buying I noticed the fuel gauge on the side of the 75 gallon tank read full and thought it was broken but oh no, apparently when Harp sold a motor they always filled them up before leaving quite the opposite today eh, also all the jack and wheel brace were present and a pair of ear defenders, a grand was the price paid and a good old motor, cheers Buzzer.

Hello Buzzer,when they were an AEC garage that was a bit before my time chap,can only remember Princes as
a Volvo garage. Always remember there F89 wrecker that used to be parked there. Thanks for the pic and
comments. Like you say you cant imagine anyone giving you a full tank of fuel !!! Ear defenders is a cracker ! :laughing:

5thwheel:
Dean,
The yellow Merc is Hewden,they were quite a large plant hire co,went bump last year,IIRC owing £240M!
Great pictures,keep up the good work! David

:arrow_right:

Thanks for confirming what John said David. :smiley:

kmills:
The green ERF belonged to Excelsior Plastics in Hereford. They had a factory in Holland IIRC - and also ran a 2800 Daf with a tilt trailer.I don’t remember this flat roof Erf, but I do recall a high roof B series. Keith

Thanks for the comments Keith. :smiley:

Retired Old ■■■■:
The yellow beaver-tailed Merc belongs to Hewden Hire, a national firm of contractors’ plant hirers.

Cheers ROF ! :wink:

Caffrell F88. Dont think we have had one of theres on here before. Anyone know where they were based ?

A03827p.JPG

R.G.Dugmore & Sons Seddon Atkinson.

A03655.JPG

C.A.Smart & Sons Scania.

A03660p.JPG

Think it says Peter W something on door possibly Lynch on Commer ■■?

A03661.JPG

Cant make name out David something ■■ from Andover Scania.

A03669p.JPG

B.E.Williams ERF

A03703p.JPG

W.G.Davies Marathon.

A03858p.JPG

Anyone recognise the G88 Volvo ■■? Not often you see a side shot that clearly shows the steps behind the
wheel arch. We had a pic of this motor on here before pulling a trailer.

A03857p.JPG

B.P.Oil ERF

A03731p.JPG

Richard Wilks ERF bulker.

A03792p.JPG

Dean the blue Heltor tanker and the tipper were the same the company until recently, my understanding is Heltor have kept the
tanker fleet but have sold the artic bulkers to M Way & Son.
This now brings Ways fleet to 120ish trucks, pretty impressive from 1 lorry in the early 70s.
Cheers Norman.

Guy.JPGBlue Dart Middleton depot ran a number of these 1977 registered Guy Big J tractor units with RBA 201R being one of a number of their Big J’s with consecutive number plates.

RBA 206R is pictured here in Blue Dart’s depot at Stakehill Industrial Estate Middleton.

2017-07-20 19.48.52.jpgRBA 207R pictured heading down the M6 near Keele.

Another shot of RBA 207R seen here towards the end of it’s working life at Blue Dart around 1981.
This picture also shows what a mixed fleet Blue Dart ran.

Another of their 1977 registered Guy Big J’s was Reg No SND 991R seen here in the depot at Middleton.

One here for you Dennis from your neck of the woods, a Blue Dart Guy Big J seen leaving Barrow in Furness.
Photograph courtesy of Byron Smith

The Derbyshire Stone Sed Ak tanker is driven by Mick Wilmot, he has his own truck on Breedon now I believe?

Pete.