PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DAF .Part of the pallet ways set up. Anyone know the haulier ■■

DCP_1229p.JPG

Small loads MAN concrete mixer.

DCP_1234p.JPG

Think it says D & V Transport on the DAF.

DCP_1287p.JPG

Matalan Scania.

P1001798p.JPG

Unusual looking ERF .

P1001976p.JPG

Anyone recognise the F88 bulker ■■

A03254p.JPG

Evans & Reid tidy ERF.

A03399p.JPG

Blueline Seddon Atkinson.

A03627p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the side of the ERF ■■

A03459p.JPG

Cracking pic of Michael Fowler’s Atkinson.

A03566p.JPG

oiltreader:
French reg Denby wagon Dean courtesy of Len Rogers.
Oily

Hi dean ,denby were in the news either last year or the year before he was stopped from leaving his premises with two 40 ft trailers together ,he was trying to prove a point about road trains in the uk cheers John

A03399p.JPGNew in June 1972 this Gardner engined ERF, Reg No CDG 711K, later made it on to the fairground
circuit where it went to work with Silcock’s of Warrington until 1993.

Hi dean,some denby for you :smiley:

image.jpeg

Commercial motor mag with denby

image.jpeg

Dean…The smart Daf+curtainsider on the previous page is J T Evans&Son, you have posted a pic a further down the page of a
later 3 axled Daf at a truck show.
They reside about 3 miles from me and i don’t think they are running any at present.
Cheer’s Norman

Hi Dean,
The Blue Line Seddon Atkinson was the first new 400 they bought.Joint had a sister one to it,ONY 204R.They seemed such a massive leap forward compared to the Borderers………

A03627p.JPG

Hi dean,as Andrew said here’s a pic of ony204r also Raymond had one ony222r cheers John

image.jpeg

ramone:

moomooland:

smallcoal:
Hi Paul,one of ridings motors looking a bit sorry

Seddon Atkinson 401 Series 4x2 tractor unit Reg No C50 OBV Fleet No 72 ‘Vulcan’ was powered by a Gardner 6LYT 16 litre 320 engine.
Registered new on the 1st of June 1986 at a cost of £27,468 plus vat it was driven from new by Alan Bretherton.
The picture above shows it at Longridge after being recovered following an accident coming out of Edinburgh when it went off the road into a ditch.
The damage included a badly bent chassis resulting in the vehicle being totally written off and scrapped.
Fortunately the Gardner 6LYT 320 engine was saved and later transferred into Seddon Atkinson 401 Series tractor unit Reg No D400 SRN.

How did the 320 Gardners perform in the Riding fleet were they well regarded ?

Lowe of Paddock Wood ERF 6x4 E16 with Gardner 6LYT acquired by Turners in August 1996 when they bought Lowe’s transport division. There were two of these and IIRC they had Eaton twin-splitter gearboxes. We didn’t keep them for any length of time at Turners.

Dean, the palletways daf of K transport is now part of Gregory distribution, and dont you think its time Mayflowers scania got out of that layby on the other carrigeway!!! :laughing:

Retired Old ■■■■:

pete smith:
It might have been stretched, thinking if it had been the prototype it would be ok to use as a main dealer recovery vehicle? Where is that ROF when you need him?!

I’m here, Pete. I would think that the thing is almost certainly built on a tipper chassis, although it would probably have been wise to re-engine it. I’m ashamed to reveal that I have little real knowledge of Big Js other than a) I was- and still am, given that the memory cell holds up-pretty clued up about the 205 ■■■■■■■ version that was supplied to BRS and b) I know that there were 240 Gardner versions built at Fallings Park despite what the over-pensioned road transport magnate from ■■■■■■■ would have. :wink:

Thanks for your comments Pete & ROF. :wink:

kenfig bill:

bubbleman:
Hi Dean,After Pembroke Transport finished ADE 725V went to live with Mansel Davies…Also the unidentified Daf belongs to Jim Evans…Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hello DEAN and Bubbs ,…Pembroke Transport had 2 Sedd Atks with very similar registrations …wonder where the other ended up …Dean Did Paul ever take shots at Glasbury on Wye nr Brecon …have come across photos at that location …very similar quality to his ■■ !! …Geraint

Thanks for your comments Geraint. As far as i know i dont think Paul took photos there but have asked him
so awaiting a reply ! :wink:

moomooland:
New in June 1972 this Gardner engined ERF, Reg No CDG 711K, later made it on to the fairground circuit where it went to work with Silcock’s of Warrington until 1993.

Thanks for the info and pic Paul. :smiley:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,some denby for you :smiley:

Good pics John,funny i saw one of there’s yesterday and it was nearly all white ! :wink:

Dog tired:
Dean…The smart Daf+curtainsider on the previous page is J T Evans&Son, you have posted a pic a further down the page of a later 3 axled Daf at a truck show.
They reside about 3 miles from me and i don’t think they are running any at present. Cheer’s Norman

Thanks Norman ,they looked like they run smart trucks looking at Bubb’s pic of the DAF ! :wink:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,The Blue Line Seddon Atkinson was the first new 400 they bought.Joint had a sister one to it,ONY 204R.They seemed such a massive leap forward compared to the Borderers………

Thanks for your comments Andrew,heres another one that Paul took of one of there Roadtrains. ! :smiley: :wink:

A03905p.JPG

smallcoal:
Hi dean,as Andrew said here’s a pic of ony204r also Raymond had one ony222r cheers John

More good pics John ! :smiley:

bazztrucker:
Dean, the palletways daf of K transport is now part of Gregory distribution, and dont you think its time Mayflowers scania got out of that layby on the other carrigeway!!! :laughing:

Cheers Barry for the name ! :wink:

gingerfold:

ramone:

moomooland:
Seddon Atkinson 401 Series 4x2 tractor unit Reg No C50 OBV Fleet No 72 ‘Vulcan’ was powered by a Gardner 6LYT 16 litre 320 engine.
Registered new on the 1st of June 1986 at a cost of £27,468 plus vat it was driven from new by Alan Bretherton.
The picture above shows it at Longridge after being recovered following an accident coming out of Edinburgh when it went off the road into a ditch.
The damage included a badly bent chassis resulting in the vehicle being totally written off and scrapped.
Fortunately the Gardner 6LYT 320 engine was saved and later transferred into Seddon Atkinson 401 Series tractor unit Reg No D400 SRN.

Lowe of Paddock Wood ERF 6x4 E16 with Gardner 6LYT acquired by Turners in August 1996 when they bought Lowe’s transport division. There were two of these and IIRC they had Eaton twin-splitter gearboxes. We didn’t keep them for any length of time at Turners.

Thanks for your comments about Lowes of Paddock Wood Graham.

Article about one of there motors.

Click on pages twice to read.

A.E.R Inskip ERF.

AAC47CDD-8D77-4738-A20C-9677486E0C4C.jpeg

Anyone recognise the Volvo ■■

DCP_1275p.JPG

Evans Transport. Does anyone know how many motors they run roughly ■■

P1001778p.JPG

Vallance Scania. We have had a few of there trucks on here,but they seem to be various colours.

P1001816p.JPG

Asda Scania

P1001995p.JPG

Scania of Armishaws Removals.

P1002386p.JPG

Shears Transport originally from Wimborne but are now at Hurn Airport.

P1002027.JPG

Marley Tiles Scania.

P1002095p.JPG

H.Young Transport Mercedes.

P1001998p.JPG

TNT Renault.

P1002457p.JPG

Knowles Transport Scania.

P1002520p.JPG

Kempston:
A.E.R Inskip ERF.

Thanks for the pic Kempston,tried to enlarge it,but its not good quality. :laughing: :wink:

DEANB:

Kempston:
A.E.R Inskip ERF.

Thanks for the pic Kempston,tried to enlarge it,but its not good quality. :laughing: :wink:

Yes I tried it but as you say not good quality.

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the F88 bulker ■■

Evans & Reid tidy ERF.

Blueline Seddon Atkinson.

Cant make the name out on the side of the ERF ■■

Hi DEAN ,the F88 bulker could be Clive Price Hay on wye ,regards Keith
Cracking pic of Michael Fowler’s Atkinson.

gingerfold:

ramone:

moomooland:

smallcoal:
Hi Paul,one of ridings motors looking a bit sorry

My Dad was mad about those 16 litre things ,we used to meet a bloke from up Oldham way drove a liquid tank for I think nexus ,the Erf E16 was green with the juggling balls logo ? Tom I think his name was ,It sheared a fare few spigot shafts , I’ve never met anyone including Gardner fans with a good word to say about the lyt ,can’t see them being that good a match for twin splitter as they don’t exactly shut down quick ,however I do like to see and hear them on the show scene .

My Dad was mad about those 16 litre things ,we used to meet a bloke from up Oldham way drove a liquid tank for I think nexus ,the Erf E16 was green with the juggling balls logo ? Tom I think his name was ,It sheared a fare few spigot shafts , I’ve never met anyone including Gardner fans with a good word to say about the lyt ,can’t see them being that good a match for twin splitter as they don’t exactly shut down quick ,however I do like to see and hear them on the show scene .
[/quote]
Hi Dan,
A mate from the Forest Of Dean on the truck show circuit,Adrian Reed owns this Foden.Has an LY 16 litre Gardner fitted.A coach driver friend of mine drove an LY powered Neoplan for Rapide.Thats all I can say tbh,Sorry I am not the biggest Gardner fan.Though I did admire the longevity of some of their engines.
Regards Andrew.