Anyone recognise the Volvo F7.

A03384p.JPG

K.W.Jones DAF

A03385p.JPG

AEC dump truck.

A03352p.JPG

W.F.Hall & Sons DAF

A03386p.JPG

Leighton Scania with shiny wheel trims !

A03397p.JPG

T Cook & Sons Volvo F86 bulker.

A03242p.JPG

Thomas Wilson Scania bulker from Edinburgh.

A03392p.JPG

ICI Seddon Atkinson tanker.

A03443p.JPG

[/quote]
I would say the this ICI wagon would be taking plastic pellets to Pontypool from ICI Wilton.
Does anybody know what the ZF Transmatic box was like,I’ve always wondered. :question:

“moomooland” Paul its a crap pic quality wise as its a still from a u tube video. However look
there are two of your favourite companies parked up ! :laughing: :wink:

paulmoo.PNG

DEANB:
When Volvo released the Volvo F10/12 range they really did lift the bar on trucks. Even if you are not a
Volvo fan there is no denying the huge improvement’s to trucks generally that Volvo have always brought
to the industry. They were pure class and like a rolls royce back in 1977 when these were unveiled to the
world !

[/attachment]

I agree, they were beautiful to drive and pulled well. Even ten years later they were holding their own on the road. R

Thanks for that Dean some old firms pictured parked up there back in the day. :smiley:

Regarding the F10 articles i remember our firm hired one from Salford Van Hire in 1978 for a couple of weeks and i recall how they were an absolute world apart from the ‘B’ Series ERF’s we had at the time.

Shame the British manufactures did not see it the same way as after the F10 was launched it really was, as we all know, only a matter of time before the demise of the industry in the UK.

DEANB:
AEC dump truck.

Without a doubt ex Wimpey dump truck , they had a large fleet of these & I think there is one still exists in preservation.

A02725.JPG
Ancliffe Seddon.jpgAncliff had a large depot next to Barton Bridge Urmston near were the Trafford shopping centre now stands.

Here’s a couple of their old Atki’s parked up at Urmston complete with winter heating panels. :smiley:

Taken in Ancliff’s depot in Urmston you can see the M63 motorway in the background which today is the M60.

Harry Briscoe-001.jpg I love this picture.
Based at Ancliff’s Felixstowe depot driver Harry Biscoe is pictured showing the proper way to have a night out down the road with no sleeper cab. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Casual Observer:

DEANB:
AEC dump truck.

Without a doubt ex Wimpey dump truck , they had a large fleet of these & I think there is one still exists in preservation.

Without wishing to be pedantic it is a heavy duty Mammoth Major Six, the AEC Dumptruk (correct spelling) was another model. The heavy duty Mammoth Major Six remained in production until 1973, and it could be ordered with the Motor Panels cab as an option, as used on Seddon and Guy Big J.

For Casual Observer and gingerfold and courtesy of Shaun Ballisat, two in preservation, with different cabs.
Oily

DEANB:
Lowes F88

H.Lewis & Co Foden.

Anyone recognise the Volvo F7.

K.W.Jones DAF

AEC dump truck.

W.F.Hall & Sons DAF

Leighton Scania with shiny wheel trims ! This firm is my old mate Jeff Leighton of Kidderminster he had his yard on the estate he was also traffic controller for Cardiff transport as they were based in his yard he was running the two he was a good man cheers John

T Cook & Sons Volvo F86 bulker.

Thomas Wilson Scania bulker from Edinburgh.

Lance.
Been away for quite a while now and brain cells awakened occasionally
“Taken over by N L Walling” - Was that Sam as most of us knew him?
Another Longridge name - Fruity Bill. Great fellow long gone.
Peter.

oiltreader:
For Casual Observer and gingerfold and courtesy of Shaun Ballisat, two in preservation, with different cabs.
Oily

Yes, the minefield that was / is AEC cabs. The part tipped example is a Duramin de-luxe cab (there was a more basic version!!) and the other looks like a Park Royal cab, although it is very difficult to tell the Park Royal from the CV cab. I think CV built them from drawings supplied by Park Royal.

moomooland:
43Ancliffe had a large depot next to Barton Bridge Urmston near were the Trafford shopping centre now stands.
2Here’s a couple of their old Atki’s parked up at Urmston complete with winter heating panels. :smiley:
1Taken in Ancliffe’s depot in Urmston you can see the M63 motorway in the background which today is the M60.
0 I love this picture.
Based at Ancliffe’s Felixstowe depot driver Harry Biscoe is pictured showing the proper way to have a night out down the road with no sleeper cab. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I think you will find that the Ancliff depot was on the opposite,south side of the M60,as a SoM driver,there were a few occasions I needed to call into that depot.

David

DEANB:
When Volvo released the Volvo F10/12 range they really did lift the bar on trucks. Even if you are not a
Volvo fan there is no denying the huge improvement’s to trucks generally that Volvo have always brought
to the industry. They were pure class and like a rolls royce back in 1977 when these were unveiled to the
world !

Thanks DeanB. It sure was quite a motor when it first appeared on the roads.
Johnny

5thwheel:
I think you will find that the Ancliff depot was on the opposite,south side of the M60,as a SoM driver,there were a few occasions I needed to call into that depot. David

Yes i know.
As stated i said Urmston which is actually on the West side of the M60, i was just using the Trafford Centre as a point of reference for anyone unfamiliar with the area.

Princess Parkway 1968.jpg

DEANB:
Is that Keith lemon driving :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :slight_smile: :laughing: :laughing:

Chris Webb:

I would say the this ICI wagon would be taking plastic pellets to Pontypool from ICI Wilton.
Does anybody know what the ZF Transmatic box was like,I’ve always wondered. :question:
[/quote]
Someone may answer Chris ? :unamused:

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:
When Volvo released the Volvo F10/12 range they really did lift the bar on trucks. Even if you are not a Volvo fan there is no denying the huge improvement’s to trucks generally that Volvo have always brought to the industry. They were pure class and like a rolls royce back in 1977 when these were unveiled to the world !

I agree, they were beautiful to drive and pulled well. Even ten years later they were holding their own on the road. R

Quality product chap ! :wink:

moomooland:
Thanks for that Dean some old firms pictured parked up there back in the day. :smiley:
Regarding the F10 articles i remember our firm hired one from Salford Van Hire in 1978 for a couple of weeks and i recall how they were an absolute world apart from the ‘B’ Series ERF’s we had at the time.
Shame the British manufactures did not see it the same way as after the F10 was launched it really was, as we all know, only a matter of time before the demise of the industry in the UK.

I thought you would like that still Paul ! :laughing:

Casual Observer:
[quote=“DEANB”
AEC dump truck.

[/quote]
Thanks for your comments ! :wink:

moomooland:
Ancliff had a large depot next to Barton Bridge Urmston near were the Trafford shopping centre now stands.Here’s a couple of their old Atki’s parked up at Urmston complete with winter heating panels. :smiley: Taken in Ancliff’s depot in Urmston you can see the M63 motorway in the background which today is the M60.I love this picture.Based at Ancliff’s Felixstowe depot driver Harry Biscoe is pictured showing the proper way to have a night out down the road with no sleeper cab. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:[/b]

Quality pics Paul, like you say that last one with the tent is a cracker !!! :laughing:

gingerfold:

DEANB:
AEC dump truck.

Without wishing to be pedantic it is a heavy duty Mammoth Major Six, the AEC Dumptruk (correct spelling) was another model. The heavy duty Mammoth Major Six remained in production until 1973, and it could be ordered with the Motor Panels cab as an option, as used on Seddon and Guy Big J.

Thanks for the comment Graham. :wink:

oiltreader:
For Casual Observer and gingerfold and courtesy of Shaun Ballisat, two in preservation, with different cabs.Oily

Thanks for the pic Oily ! :smiley:

smallcoal:

DEANB:
Leighton Scania with shiny wheel trims ! This firm is my old mate Jeff Leighton of Kidderminster he had his yard on the estate he was also traffic controller for Cardiff transport as they were based in his yard he was running the two he was a good man cheers John

Happy days John ! :smiley:

Walton man:
Lance.
Been away for quite a while now and brain cells awakened occasionally
“Taken over by N L Walling” - Was that Sam as most of us knew him?
Another Longridge name - Fruity Bill. Great fellow long gone. Peter.

Thanks for your comments Peter ! :wink:

jsutherland:

DEANB:
When Volvo released the Volvo F10/12 range they really did lift the bar on trucks. Even if you are not a Volvo fan there is no denying the huge improvement’s to trucks generally that Volvo have always brought to the industry. They were pure class and like a rolls royce back in 1977 when these were unveiled to the world !

Thanks DeanB. It sure was quite a motor when it first appeared on the roads. Johnny

Cheers Johnny ! :wink:

moomooland:

5thwheel:
I think you will find that the Ancliff depot was on the opposite,south side of the M60,as a SoM driver,there were a few occasions I needed to call into that depot. David

Yes i know.As stated i said Urmston which is actually on the West side of the M60, i was just using the Trafford Centre as a point of reference for anyone unfamiliar with the area.Princess Parkway 1968.

Thanks for your comments “5thwheel” and Paul. Nice advert. :laughing:

smallcoal:

DEANB:
Is that Keith lemon driving :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :slight_smile: :laughing: :laughing:

Quality John, i see where you are coming from !!! :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Santa Fe.

A00391.JPG

A00294.JPG

A02355.JPG

Click on pages twice to view.